Downtown Buildings with Activity

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
smh
Supporter

Re: Downtown Buildings with Activity

Post by smh »

Can we agree that the proposed signage is pretty garish? Otherwise, looks like a nice project. I hadn't realized the building was so empty.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

smh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am Can we agree that the proposed signage is pretty garish? Otherwise, looks like a nice project. I hadn't realized the building was so empty.
No worse than a lot of NOW LEASING banners slung onto apartment buildings downtown. The professional building and the courthouse lofts STILL have banners stuck on them
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

In the seventies UMB had a lobby office in the ground floor and they "modernized" the lower floors by wrapping them in some sort of Disco aluminum. Would love to find a photo of this indignity.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Sounds like Spokes will be moving
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

So this building on Walnut AND The Aladdin are moving towards residential? That's rather exciting!
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am
smh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am Can we agree that the proposed signage is pretty garish? Otherwise, looks like a nice project. I hadn't realized the building was so empty.
No worse than a lot of NOW LEASING banners slung onto apartment buildings downtown. The professional building and the courthouse lofts STILL have banners stuck on them
There really should be a time limit on this type of temporary signage. Another great one is the sign across the top of Cafe Gratitude on SW Blvd that announces 'NOW OPEN' which has been up since 2012
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

10th street east of Main used to be the "financial district" of KC -- UMB, Commerce Bank, Kansas City Title & Trust. Sad how it is now almost all empty.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

herrfrank wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm 10th street east of Main used to be the "financial district" of KC -- UMB, Commerce Bank, Kansas City Title & Trust. Sad how it is now almost all empty.
KC’s regional banks didn’t keep up with competitors and allowed smaller banks to grow larger. SAD!
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am Sounds like Spokes will be moving
The city's Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority on Tuesday approved a 10-year, 80% property tax abatement and redevelopment contract for a 57-apartment renovation of the Kansas City Title and Trust Building at 929 Walnut St. The development team, Exact Architects and MR Capital Advisors, would build the new units in the eight-story building's office space, now fully vacant, while retaining Spokes Café as a ground-floor retail tenant.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Ah I read 1,500 restaurant and didn't see that.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Not s building but anybody noticing how many fire hydrants we are replacing downtown? Can't be a bad thing I don't think I've ever seen so many replaced all at once?