Where to buy a Christmas Tree

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
RiverMarketDweller
Strip mall
Strip mall

Where to buy a Christmas Tree

Post by RiverMarketDweller »

Does anyone know of a place to buy a real (i.e. freshly cut) Christmas tree near downtown?  I checked over by UPS at the firework stands where I had seen some last year but their was nothing on Sunday.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Where to buy a Christmas Tree

Post by kcdcchef »

home depot near midtown has them.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kclofter
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kclofter »

We went by midtown Home Depot Sunday to pick out a tree - selection was pretty grim. They were either the wrong color green, the wrong color brown or Charlie Brown style.

Ended up going to Soil Service at Gregory & Troost.  Prices were not exactly budget however ($92 for an 8.5 foot).
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Yeah, soil service is where my family always got their tree.  All shapes and sizes...and they are fresh!
construction guy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by construction guy »

Grandview?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

there used to be fresh cut christmas trees in the river market on saturdays and sundays way back when. not anymore? it used to be just the first two or three weekends of the holiday season, not sure if they do it anymore
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

kclofter wrote: We went by midtown Home Depot Sunday to pick out a tree - selection was pretty grim. They were either the wrong color green, the wrong color brown or Charlie Brown style.
We went there to get ours, but about a week earlier. Got a good one, so apparently the early bird, etc. etc.

Only $35. Surprised that it was that cheap.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Also the Westport Westlake/Ace hardware store, a nursery on Rainbow south of 43rd, and the Episcopal Church on Wornall just south of 63rd.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

dangerboy wrote: the Episcopal Church on Wornall just south of 63rd.
We got our tree here.  Not as cheap as home depot, but close.
hethj7
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by hethj7 »

Fulk's Tree Farm up near Weston.  :D  Nothing like walking the fields and cutting the tree of your choice.
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

Too late for this year, but one day in early December every year, as part of a conservation effort (lots of cedars needing to be cleared), you can go out to Shawnee Mission Park and cut down a tree for a $10 suggested donation.  A bit of a drive, but cool to be able to go out and cut down a tree for 10 bucks.  I dig the natural aesthetic of the trees as well.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

it is pretty much too late now, but can anyone confirm for me if the river market does still sell trees at the begining of the season? i told someone else that, and they said they found fresh holly, fresh garland, and fresh wreaths last week, but werent even looking for trees.

anyone have any idea?
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

kcdcchef wrote: it is pretty much too late now, but can anyone confirm for me if the river market does still sell trees at the begining of the season? i told someone else that, and they said they found fresh holly, fresh garland, and fresh wreaths last week, but werent even looking for trees.

anyone have any idea?
The city market did not have trees this year.  I asked and they said they could not seduce a vendor into offering trees this year.  Just not enough buyers in years past.
RiverMarketDweller
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by RiverMarketDweller »

loftguy wrote: The city market did not have trees this year.  I asked and they said they could not seduce a vendor into offering trees this year.  Just not enough buyers in years past.
The weekend of the 20th the permanent vendors had some trees. They appeared a little ragged but were only $10 for a 6-7 foot Douglas fir.