Big 12 Football 2008

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: ku player

Post by MoMan »

kcmetro wrote: Seems kinda hateful.  Why would you want him kicked off the team? 

Yeah, I don't get that.  He seems to be the perfect poster child for a school that wears its Lack of Institutional Control sanction like a badge of honor.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcmetro wrote: Seems kinda hateful.  Why would you want him kicked off the team? 
Maybe that was hateful.  I guess I view illegitimacy far more harshly than others might.  In any case, I absolutely refuse to cheer for this player.  Ever.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

MoMan wrote:

Yeah, I don't get that.  He seems to be the perfect poster child for a school that wears its Lack of Institutional Control sanction like a badge of honor.
Maybe if you guys start winning some championships....in any sport...NCAA officials will watch you as closely as they have us.  Then you'll certainly get one of those nifty badges.  8)
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcmetro wrote: Maybe if you guys start winning some championships....in any sport...NCAA officials will watch you as closely as they have us.  Then you'll certainly get one of those nifty badges.  8)
The NCAA watches Mizzou plenty.  They have as many probations over the past 50 years as KU does.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

kcmetro wrote: Maybe if you guys start winning some championships....in any sport...NCAA officials will watch you as closely as they have us.  Then you'll certainly get one of those nifty badges.  8)

I feel confident that the first championship Mizzou wins will not be accomplished while the team is on probation, and won't be followed immediately by NCAA sanctions.  If and when they accomplish that, the Tigers will have one more scandal-free title than Kansas has had in its history.
:)
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

MoMan wrote:

I feel confident that the first championship Mizzou wins will not be accomplished while the team is on probation, and won't be followed immediately by NCAA sanctions.  If and when they accomplish that, the Tigers will have one more scandal-free title than Kansas has had in its history.
:)
Being on probation from infractions that occurred 5 years prior, doesn't entail a scandal-laden title.  It just means you're digging even deeper into your empty bag of excuses.
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Tainted "Championships"

Post by MoMan »

kcmetro wrote: Being on probation from infractions that occurred 5 years prior, doesn't entail a scandal-laden title.  It just means you're digging even deeper into your empty bag of excuses.
You're pulling crap outta your ***.  Again.

Which of Kansas' many probations (the most of any school which was part of the Big Eight) resulted from infractions that occurred 5 years earlier?  And please, no links to the phognet echo chamber.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Tainted "Championships"

Post by Maitre D »

MoMan wrote: You're pulling crap outta your ***.  Again.

Which of Kansas' many probations (the most of any school which was part of the Big Eight) resulted from infractions that occurred 5 years earlier?  And please, no links to the phognet echo chamber.

He's saying that MU basketball was put on probation within the last 5 years, and that MU football led the Fulmer Cup standings for lawlessness this year.

This isnt complicated.

KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

Maitre D wrote: "Jamal Greene, now a 20-year-old sophomore, is the father of two children from different mothers. Justice, an 11-month-old girl, lives in Kansas City, Kan., with her mother. Jamal Jr., a 3-month-old boy, is in Lawrence with Greene’s current girlfriend.

This is not what Greene had planned"

http://www.kansascity.com/166/story/782804.html

HAHAHAHA!  Yeah, he didn't "plan" for them.   They just showed up one day at the doorstep, dropped off by the stork.   What a total and complete loser.   I hope this piece of sh.t is booted off the team ASAP.
Don't be hatin'. He's just following in the footsteps of the late, great, Chef.

kigmee
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Big 12 Football 2008

Post by kigmee »

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

What people tend to overlook is that cupcakes are delicious.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

kigmee wrote: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ful/080905

KU second to Minnesota?
Looks like Thomas Neumann was desperate for a story idea.  If you look at those percentages, there really isn't much of a difference at all between those schools listed.  I'd imagine most Big 12 teams, save for UT, aren't far behind KU in this regard.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCFutbol wrote: Don't be hatin'. He's just following in the footsteps of the late, great, Chef.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.   And we saw how his 7 offspring were taken care of when he died young.   (they weren't)

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Maitre D wrote:

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.   And we saw how his 7 offspring were taken care of when he died young.   (they weren't)
That's what your taxes are for.  :lol:
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Maitre D wrote:That's exactly what I'm afraid of.   And we saw how his 7 offspring were taken care of when he died young.   (they weren't)
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free (to make horrible financial decisions and refuse to leave money to take care of my children in the event of my untimely death, even if Maitre D doesn't like it)...
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Maitre D wrote: The NCAA watches Mizzou plenty.   They have as many probations over the past 50 years as KU does.
KU leads that matchup 51-50, as well.  :lol:
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
knucklehead
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by knucklehead »

The star ran a box last year that showed KU has having the second most major NCAA probations in history. Arizona State was first with one more than KU. Hence the new KU cheer "Thank god for Arizona State".
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

knucklehead wrote: The star ran a box last year that showed KU has having the second most major NCAA probations in history. Arizona State was first with one more than KU. Hence the new KU cheer "Thank god for Arizona State".
There is definitely a storied history at KU...glad the major newspaper in the area is actually starting to realize that, instead of sweeping it under the rug.  If this was another metro/university, some major investigation would have been done by now.

I know KU fans on here say they don't care but that's not the mindset of many other normal KU fans I know....it's a source of embarrassment, especially if you are an alumni of the university....things like lack of academic control reflect upon the entire university not just the athletic program.

Now back to the topic of football...gameday baby!!!!
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

knucklehead wrote: The star ran a box last year that showed KU has having the second most major NCAA probations in history. Arizona State was first with one more than KU. Hence the new KU cheer "Thank god for Arizona State".

Sad to report, that's not true.  You lied once again - the NCAA site lists all major probations.  KU doesn't even lead the Big 12 (a certain program called OU does)

KU has 7 probations, KSU 6 I believe and MU 4.  In the past 50 years, they're all tied at 4.

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: I know KU fans on here say they don't care but that's not the mindset of many other normal KU fans I know....it's a source of embarrassment, especially if you are an alumni of the university....things like lack of academic control reflect upon the entire university not just the athletic program.
Many other normal KU fans? WTF does that even mean? I have 2 degrees from KU...been a fan since I came into the world, and there is no embarrassment I feel for KU's infractions, whether it was Brown's hiring of Ed Manning, Glen Mason's philandering ways, or Self's hiring of Ronnie Chalmers.  And I know probably 100x more KU fans that you and none of them have anything to say about our infractions.  I shit you not....over the years I haven't heard any KU fans gripe about our infractions.  Not one.  The only people who seem to have an issue with our "lack of institutional control" are the KSU and MU fans who watch their teams get pummeled nearly every time they step onto the court to play KU.  It makes them feel better if they pretend we KU fans all feel some sort of guilt for your team's sub-par play.

And as MD pointed out...this whole discussion is worthless anyway because we're all on equal footing right now.  It's not like KSU and MU are saints of the college sports world.  It really boils down to you guys creating this whole issue out of thin air, just to make yourselves feel better about not winning.  Sorry to break it to you guys, but some programs are just better than others...and KU happens to be the best basketball program in the Big 12...and one of the best in the nation.  That didn't happen because we cheated, as you guys would like to believe.