OFFICIAL - East9 (former Pickwick Plaza)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
wahoowa
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: OFFICIAL - East9 (former Pickwick Plaza)

Post by wahoowa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm

oh man i'm sorry. i just now saw my post again. i meant to say paleo but was having a hard time remembering the difference between keto or paleo and i guess i split the middle. for some extra color, albeit solely earth tones, i believe the person that gave me this information also mentioned quinoa.

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveKCMO » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 pm

wahoowa wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm
i meant to say paleo but was having a hard time remembering the difference between keto or paleo and i guess i split the middle.
Perhaps because all diets are scams.

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by flyingember » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 pm
wahoowa wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm
i meant to say paleo but was having a hard time remembering the difference between keto or paleo and i guess i split the middle.
Years ago during the Atkins period I worked in a grocery store. The diet at the time included branded products that were low carb.

I decided to compare the low fat, regular and Atkins salad dressings of the same brand and type. If you read the nutrition info the serving sizes were the same and the je calories were the same, or so close you wouldn’t notice the difference (ex 155,160,165)

The diet worked early on because it was about eating less food. So much food contains carbs that it was easy to cut 10% from your diet. Once the special food came out the diet failed. Even earlier there were special low fat cookies on the market that just moved the calories from fat to not fat.

In this sense a restaurant targeting a specific diet is the opposite of what you want. It should be hard to eat a certain way, not go to a restaurant that probably serves 30% more calories than the diet wants.

As a business they will either need to go beyond the diet or die with the fad.

taxi
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by taxi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 am

DaveKCMO wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 pm
Says The Thin Man!

WoodDraw
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by WoodDraw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Coffee place going in the North corner here. I'm on vacation, but I'll take pictures when able to.