/

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
electric warrior
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

/

Post by electric warrior »

/
Last edited by electric warrior on Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Vinyl record store opening on North Oak.

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Good news and good luck to your friend.

As a proud owner of mint condition 1985 Polk Audio SDA SRS 2's, I am in the market to start a vintage library of hi-fi stuff.  I have a Carver receiver also from 1985, never abused.  I need to get a good record player now.

Let us know when he's open!
electric warrior
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

/

/
Last edited by electric warrior on Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the northland could blossom into something if these things were somewhat close together. think crossroads and galleries, westport and bars, plaza and shops. maybe you could find a strip mall owner who wants to do something concentrated and cool like that.
Psalm B H
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Psalm B H »

I am somewhat of a audiophile...  I have records, dvd-audio, sansui au717 amp, etc.    I have a very close freind who owns/started a fairly well known record label (Secretly Canadian), and a CD distribution company (bellweather).    I had been toying with the idea of a shop that specialized in vinyl and I talked to him about it.    Although he's not from KC, he lives in Bloomington, IN, he was very convinced that the demand isn't anywhere close enough to support such a store...  ??    I would shop there!    I live in Parkville.  I'd love to see a store in downtown Parkville that sells something I'd buy... besides beer and food that is.   
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

what happened to music exchange's stock? (since ron died)
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

I was wondering that.  Did they have a closeout sale?
electric warrior
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

/

/
Last edited by electric warrior on Wed May 28, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kclofter
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kclofter »

electric warrior wrote:PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!!
Congrats to your friend!!  Keeping overhead low is always a good idea, especially for esoteric kinds of businesses.

...ahhh vinyl, good memories - thru the 80's had a MicroSeiki DDX-1000 w/ Grace 704 (or was it a 714?) arm.  Traded it for a Sota Sapphire & a Grace 707-Mk II.  Spendor and Rogers LS3/5a's, AR SP3-a1 and AR tube amps.  Finally made the switch to Meridian solid state & MCD-Pro in the late 80's.

Eventually moved to Meridian actives (M33's) and 568 processor in the condo - have a 596 laying around unused now that I've switched to a Squeezebox & NAS.