Starlight Theater to Double Summer Concert Schedule

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Starlight Theater to Double Summer Concert Schedule

Post by shinatoo »

moderne wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:28 pm Starlight going to build sunscreen over front third of seating.
Great idea. I really enjoy all the artists they have been bringing in. Would be nice if they could do 2/3. Maybe down the road.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

So great to see. Starlight is one of the best Amphitheaters in the country. This should get more use out of it.

Still need something to replace that shithole amphitheater in bonner springs. Hopefully the chiefs develop a proper 20,000 seat amphitheater after the Royals leave.
dnweava
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by dnweava »

moderne wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:28 pm Starlight going to build sunscreen over front third of seating.
it will cover about 1/2 the seating actually.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I have been to a couple concerts here in the last couple years and I don't know if anyone has the same feeling but I feel like the sound quality is terrible. Maybe its just the type of music i'm listening to (Alternative Rock like Vampire Weekend), who knows though, not sure if anyone else feels the same way. I really wanted to go to smashing pumpkins but feel like it will be the same way.
langosta
Penntower
Penntower

Post by langosta »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:53 pm I have been to a couple concerts here in the last couple years and I don't know if anyone has the same feeling but I feel like the sound quality is terrible. Maybe its just the type of music i'm listening to (Alternative Rock like Vampire Weekend), who knows though, not sure if anyone else feels the same way. I really wanted to go to smashing pumpkins but feel like it will be the same way.
Upgrades are needed.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

I saw Jack White there in 2022 & he sounded great. But there could be upgrades I’m sure. It was designed to show Broadway shows. Rock shows and such could stand to have upgraded sound system
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

dukuboy1 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:47 pm I saw Jack White there in 2022 & he sounded great. But there could be upgrades I’m sure. It was designed to show Broadway shows. Rock shows and such could stand to have upgraded sound system
This is the problem, it's the fundamental design of the facility. I've heard various different sound systems in the venue from all the best brands in the world, calibrated by the best system engineers in the game and still mixed results.

The in-house sound system they have is top of the line, but it's meant for theatrical shows. When bands come in, they bring their own sound systems as the theatrical setup isn't powerful enough to handle more intense styles of music. However, a recent tour did use the house system, I can't remember who it was but an older rock act. Not good. Not good at all.