Black n Blue game.

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

Are any of you clods heading to one of KC's favorite sporting venues this Saturday night for the Blues/Blackhawks exhibition game?

BLACKHAWKS SUCK
BLACKHAWKS SUCK

One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Black n Blue game.

Post by KCPowercat »

nope, if I want to see hockey, I'll go to StL or Denver, watch a real game, and pay a lot less than $30/ticket.

Glad they have gotten so many tickets sold though.....
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:nope, if I want to see hockey, I'll go to StL or Denver, watch a real game, and pay a lot less than $30/ticket.

Glad they have gotten so many tickets sold though.....
you are half right and half wrong on the ticket price thing.

i'm in section 109.....those tix in Savvis would be around $95.

the only way to get screwed at this game is to buy a nose bleeder (all tix are $30). There are still nose bleeders at Savvis for $15. Outside of that example, the game at Kemper is a real value, it being an exhibition notwithstanding.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:nope, if I want to see hockey, I'll go to StL or Denver....
I've hear the Pepsi Center is cool. What do you think?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Black n Blue game.

Post by KCPowercat »

never been in Denver when the Avs are playing...they are "my" team...followed Roy over from Montreal.

You are right about the tickets....good seats were a good deal...bad seats bad deal.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:never been in Denver when the Avs are playing...they are "my" team...followed Roy over from Montreal.

You are right about the tickets....good seats were a good deal...bad seats bad deal.
Roy and his Avs of the past 5 years or so have OWNED the Blues. :x

I'm glad he freaking retired.

I admire his abilities, though. He's the best I've ever seen since following hockey in 76 or so.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Black n Blue game.

Post by KCPowercat »

and feel free to call me a bandwagon hockey fan....although I've been "true" to Roy it wasn't hard to cheer for his teams.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:and feel free to call me a bandwagon hockey fan....
the thought never entered my mind....seriously

hockey rules
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Black n Blue game.

Post by GRID »

I went to that Blues/Sharks exibition game several years ago and will never pay to see preseason NHL again.

But I am ready for that AHL team, it's been what a 3 year hockey drought in KC? KC has to be the largest city by far without pro hockey.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

GRID wrote:I went to that Blues/Sharks exibition game several years ago and will never pay to see preseason NHL again.

But I am ready for that AHL team, it's been what a 3 year hockey drought in KC? KC has to be the largest city by far without pro hockey.
SF is bigger......Cleveland and Cincinnati are close.....how about Portland or Seattle?

Most of those listed are larger with the possible exception of Cincy.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Black n Blue game.

Post by GRID »

those town don't have any level of pro hockey?
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

GRID wrote:those town don't have any level of pro hockey?
I'm not positive about all of them.....

- San Fran used to have the NHL Golden Seals but are now defunct
- Portland might have or had a minor league team
- Seattle used to have both NHL and WHL teams that are now both defunct
- Cincinnati used to have the IHL Cyclones....the I folded...don't know if they were absorbed into another minor league like Peoria Rivermen were
- Cleveland used to have the IHL Lumberjacks and the NHL Barons.....the Barons are defunct....don't know if the Jacks went to the ECHL or AHL when the I folded

I'm sure someone out there knows more about one or two or all of these than I.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Black n Blue game.

Post by ShowME »

I finally made up my mind and think I might try and go. But damn went to ticketmaster.com I knew they advertised the hell out of this game but crap it's sold out. Even the nosebleeds for $30.00 are worth it just to experience Blues-Blackhawks hockey. Don't forget the boxing gloves!
Calling a spade a spade.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

ShowME wrote:I finally made up my mind and think I might try and go. But damn went to ticketmaster.com I knew they advertised the hell out of this game but crap it's sold out. Even the nosebleeds for $30.00 are worth it just to experience Blues-Blackhawks hockey. Don't forget the boxing gloves!
check your PM
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Black n Blue game.

Post by GRID »

Over 17,000, wow. Nice job KC and on the same night when nearly 40,000 were at Kauffman and 50,000 at Lawrence.

I think this has to say something about KC and hockey.

I have always said, there are more NHL fans in this city than minor league hockey fans. Most NHL fans will not pay to see an exibition game either, inlcuding myself.

KC's NHL21 should sell the hell out of this attendence number. It would be nice to get at the very least AHL back (as a hockey fan, I would not support anything lower than AHL). A new team would be a nice fit for a new arena.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

GRID wrote:I have always said, there are more NHL fans in this city than minor league hockey fans. Most NHL fans will not pay to see an exibition game either, inlcuding myself.

KC's NHL21 should sell the hell out of this attendence number. It would be nice to get at the very least AHL back (as a hockey fan, I would not support anything lower than AHL). A new team would be a nice fit for a new arena.
I'm confused....anyone else? Do you think KC will or will not support an NHL franchise? Secondly.....the place was sold out...seems to me "most NHL fans" WILL pay to see exhibition. I've been a Blues fan since the age of 6 and I thirst for NHL action....this was exactly what I needed....inexpensive NHL action. Most NHL fans recognized this and came out in droves.

FYI.....the majority of the fans at Kemper Sat night were NHL fans based on the attire adorned.....prolly 75% Blues or Hawks fans....another 20% SJ, Detroit, Philly and Rangers fans. I'd say the remaining 5% were old Blades or Scouts (seriously) fans.

It seemed to me this event sold out for two or three reasons....

1. tickets went on sale 18 months ago. folks like me bought them over a year ago when they realized the value. equivalent seats at Savvis are $85...i payed $30.
2. hard core NHL fans that find themselves in KC wanted to see something as close to NHL caliber play as possible....and preseason exhibition is as close as it comes to the real thing.
3. It's been 5 years since NHL hockey has visited KC....FIVE YEARS.
4. Blues fans, even in KC, LOVE their team

Most people at the game were fans that wanted to see NHL caliber play....not AHL or ECHL.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Black n Blue game.

Post by GRID »

Dan calm down.

What I mean is that there are probably many more fans out there than what showed up to the game becasue a lot of people won't pay to see exibition games.

KC and it's suburbs keep bringing up ECHL or CHL etc and I guarentee you, those leagues probably won't do well here. I think KC is a big league sports town that most hard core hockey fans avoid minor league hockey or only attend occationally. I can handle AHL, but the NHL would be best. KC would have Denver and StL as instant rivals and the teams would be more fun to follow etc than minor most minor leagues, which are just more of a night out with the kids.

Having said that, I will take the AHL over nothing or as the next step to NHL. But I would support a league lower than that like I support the T-Bones (haven't been yet).

BTW, 30 bucks for behind the glass seats is a good deal for even exibition, but packing that arena at 30 bucks a seat shows KC could support hockey.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Black n Blue game.

Post by StL_Dan »

GRID wrote:Dan calm down.
:?