soho lofts work?

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
artistboy
Pad site
Pad site

Re: soho lofts work?

Post by artistboy »

FangKC wrote: Housing with balconies and views are more marketable.  One Park Place might be selling better if it had open balconies.
I agree, they make them more marketable, but it wouldn't work with One Park Place. It would interrupt with the original international style. Not to mention it is very windy up there (maybe because it's a lone tower on top of a hill). International style aside, I would rather have out door balcony space over worthless dining room space any day. Getting some fresh air and grilling (illegally by code) a burger from a balcony seems more useful to me. But surprisingly, not everyone uses their balconies. Some sit unused and unappreciated.
INGREDIENTS: COFFEE, BEER, AND ILL WILL.
Mfd. by KCMO © 1975
thesnowman21
Pad site
Pad site

Re: soho lofts work?

Post by thesnowman21 »

Well my wife was admitted into hospital last night and got out in the early hours of the morning, she is in a considerable amount of pain. She has been trying to get some sleep all morning, but due to all the construction in the Soho south lofts (where we stay) she hadn't got any and was still in a lot of pain. I came back for lunch to find all the workforce standing outside my unit having a meeting and from inside my apartment you could hear them clear as day, there was also a considerable amount of drilling and hammering. I asked soho's management if they could do anything about it (after all we are suppose to report any disturbances, but that must be for ones that management haven't paid for) but they said they couldnt do anything and I got the impression that I was annoying her (how dare I want peace and quiet in a unit where I pay a considerable amount in rent and were about to buy). I just want my wife to get some sleep so that she doesn't feel the pain, so I eventually went out and talked to them, they agreed that when they had finished one bit they would stop doing all loud stuff for the day.

I know that they have to get the stuff done, but I get more frustrated by management who do nothing. The worker constantly jam open both the secure doors and we have had presents delivered go missing, the car park that we pay to use is constantly filled with all the workers. When this is brought up with management they do nothing, even if they promise they will. There are no apologies, just a curt, "well the work has to be done", but what about all of us that live here, got forbid that I worked night shift and had to sleep during the day. It really has put us off buying our unit.

Sorry had to have a rant