Larry King Live

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Rooster_Ties
Pad site
Pad site

Larry King Live

Post by Rooster_Ties »

I think both heterosexuality and homosexuality are normal, and neither one should be threatening to the other one.

I happen to have a gay neighbor. Never has what he does in his personal life been any kind of threat to me, or to anyone else that I'm aware of. He probably doesn't lay away at night being upset by what I do in my bedroom, so why should I care what he does in his?

And I'm sure there are some heterosexuals whose sexual practices are more "outside the norm" than some homosexuals' sexual practices. But what happens between two consenting adults shouldn't really be anyone else's concern.
10-year resident of KCMO, who lives in the Volker neighborhood, near the West 39th Street corridor. I grew up outside of St. Louis, on the Illinois side of the river (near Belleville, IL).
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by tat2kc »

Lenexa guy, as a regular Southern Decadence attender, there is absloutely nothing going on then that does not happen at all the street festivals on Bourbon St. In fact according to the new orleans papers and the televison interviews of residents and business operators in the french quarter, Decadene is the LEAST dispruptive festival that takes place in Qaurter. Also, been to Pride here, Denver, New Orleans, miami. Never saw innappropriate behavior anywhere.

Sure we have some more flamboyant members of our community. But remember: the drag queens were the first ones to stand up to the hatred at the Stonewall rebellion. They saved us all.

Thanks to all, for keeping this a mature dialoge, and being respectful of each others opinions. Its been awesome.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Larry King Live

Post by mean »

IMO, I'm glad God did not make us robots that are subserviant to his every command out of some type of design implement.
So you think it's better that, in not being subservient to his every command, 50%+ of all people that ever lived will serve an eternity burning in the fires of damnation? Twisted, dude. I'm not a religious person, but I'd rather be a robot for ~100 years and go to the big Theme Park in the Sky for eternity than have ~100 years of so-called 'freedom' in which I could do as I pleased only to be judged and burned for eternity for exercising said freedom. What is a lifetime compared to eternity? The whole concept of religion really blows my mind. To each his own, for sure, but as long as we're being candid, religion (and not just Christianity) strikes me as being just plain creepy in general.
Lenexa guy, as a regular Southern Decadence attender, there is absloutely nothing going on then that does not happen at all the street festivals on Bourbon St.
Yowza, I've seen those commercials for the videos with the girls getting all naked and the guys exploiting them at Spring Break, or Mardi Gras, or what have you. I guess it's OK to be filled with sexual fervor in public when you're straight, but not when you're gay.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by StL_Dan »

Rooster_Ties wrote:Image
I LOVE IT! :lol:

It's funny AND delivers a strong message at the same time.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
Rooster_Ties
Pad site
Pad site

Larry King Live

Post by Rooster_Ties »

Well, then, here's a couple more. 8)

10-year resident of KCMO, who lives in the Volker neighborhood, near the West 39th Street corridor. I grew up outside of St. Louis, on the Illinois side of the river (near Belleville, IL).
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Mean

Post by GuyInLenexa »

I have been to SD in New Orleans several times also, as well as Mardi Gras. I fully agree with you that it is no worse that other things that go on. However it seems that groups like 700 Club and other groups love to embellish what happens at these places. The spotlight is more on us when anything happens (i.e. serial murders etc.) You have to admit that in the media, these are the most visable events that are shown to the general public. I feel it is our fault that more of the community is not represented. I think it is. I guess to clarify, we need more positive representation.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Larry King Live

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Rooster_Ties wrote:After all, one of the main faults Dobson finds with gays is that they cannot be a family, since "they will not and/or cannot have children".
The world is overpopulated anyway, so let's ALL be gay or lesbian!
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by QueSi2Opie »

StL_Dan wrote:God's Word is.

This is where things get a little tight, cuz a lot of folks look to man to answer or justify their decisions, when really, if they are truly committed to Christ above all, they would look to what the blueprint of a Christian life has to say about such things. The Bible never changes....it's message is the same day to day, year by year, century by century. People, even those that call themselves Christians, are fallible and thus susceptible to poor judgement lest they think their own opinion is more important than God's own words.
That's disrespectful! My God, Krishna, disagrees with your God, Jehovah :wink: You do need to stop pushing your religious beliefs as being the word of our Almighty Creator herself.

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by StL_Dan »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
StL_Dan wrote:God's Word is.

This is where things get a little tight, cuz a lot of folks look to man to answer or justify their decisions, when really, if they are truly committed to Christ above all, they would look to what the blueprint of a Christian life has to say about such things. The Bible never changes....it's message is the same day to day, year by year, century by century. People, even those that call themselves Christians, are fallible and thus susceptible to poor judgement lest they think their own opinion is more important than God's own words.
That's disrespectful! My God, Krishna, disagrees with your God, Jehovah :wink: You do need to stop pushing your religious beliefs as being the word of our Almighty Creator herself.
You're a goof, Que. :lol:
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by QueSi2Opie »

StL_Dan wrote:You're a goof, Que. :lol:
Maybe so, but there's probably 850 million wonderful lil' Hindus peeps that might agree with me. :-k

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Larry King Live

Post by mean »

That doesn't matter! USA is CHRISTIAN nation! NOT HUNDI OR WHATEVER!

Er, wait...
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by tat2kc »

first of all, NO! lets not all be gay or lesbian! We need to be a bit more picky about who we let in the club. 8)

Lenexa Guy, yes, the 700 club and others do tend to show the worst of any group they don't like. In order to prove their case, they have to focus on the oddballs. If they talked about how evil us homo's are, then showed gays and lesbians sitting quietly in church, or having a picnic in the park with their kids, it would defeat the purpose.

In KC, if they show the heartland men's chorus singing at a concert during pride, no one cares. If they show a big ass drag queen, or a man decked out in leather wearing a dog collar, their ratings increase. The news, whether local or national is all about ratings, not the balanced truth. Shows like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Boy meets Boy, Will & Grace, etc. show a more positive aspect of gay life. Gays in the news, like Bishop Robinson help reinforce the notion that we are just normal folks. The poor misguided homophobes have to show the negativity to justify their hate.

Southern Decadence is wild, for sure. yea, you can get some awesome beads tossed to you for a little show. This is no big deal in new orleans. The motto for bead tossing is "the dirtier the dead, the better the bead". this holds tru throughout bourbon street, straight or gay. Just down the street from this "perverse activity" is Big Daddy's, a straight bar. No cover, 2 drink minimum. Head in this 20 year old bar, and according to the outdoor signs, you can watch live sex acts on stage. BTW, its a revolving stage, with mirrors, so you don't miss anything. Also has the most repulsive folks ever seen performing. Went in once, when I was 16. It was nasty. Of course, this behavior is totally acceptable, because it is straight people doing it. Until very very recently, the strip/nude/sex bars did not even have to close their doors. You could see everything from the street. I saw my first nude waitress when I was 10, and we were headed to a very nice, old line restaurant on bourbon, and we happened to walk past a nude bar on the way.

Of course, new orleans does not have a closing time for bars, they are open 24/7. You can get your drinks to go. Hell, a lot of liquor stores in Louisiana have drive through windows for cocktails. I thought every place had "go cups" for your drink until i moved out of state. Imagine my surprise to find out I could not take my drink with me when I left!

:P My point is, anything at all that happens in the gay community is happening just as often in the straight community. There is no difference!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by StL_Dan »

tat2kc wrote:Lenexa Guy, yes, the 700 club and others do tend to show the worst of any group they don't like. In order to prove their case, they have to focus on the oddballs. If they talked about how evil us homo's are, then showed gays and lesbians sitting quietly in church, or having a picnic in the park with their kids, it would defeat the purpose.
Interesting point. This is exactly how the typical "Christian" has been portrayed by the secular media for years.

The "Christian" is always the geek who had no "fun" for "friends" is never "cool".

In fact, the media, for the most part, portrays the "straight" guy as boring and/or bland (see Queer Eye for the Straight Guy).
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Larry King Live

Post by mean »

The "Christian" is always the geek who had no "fun" for "friends" is never "cool".
Whatever. How would you as a Christian feel if every time there was a gay bashing in the name of Christ, or a cult, or an abortion clinic bombing, or a child molestation by a priest, or whatever, there were powerful and influential media outlets saying things like, "and this is what those disgusting Christians are up to, raping babies again!"

And most straight guys are boring and bland, but it is no fault of their own. Most people are boring and bland. C'est la vie.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by StL_Dan »

mean wrote:Whatever. How would you as a Christian feel if every time there was a gay bashing in the name of Christ, or a cult, or an abortion clinic bombing, or a child molestation by a priest, or whatever, there were powerful and influential media outlets saying things like, "and this is what those disgusting Christians are up to, raping babies again!"
mean,

They (the media), for all intensive purposes, do just that.

That's why the world generally views Christians as a hate filled band of thugs bombing away at abortion clinics or swindling people's money via the TV and radio.

The media portrays Christians as psycho, ultraconservative closet haters of anybody that doesn't go to Sunday school OR as some celibant priest with a collar.

So far from the truth...

I assure you, people that misuse Christianity to propogate their own selfish hate and agenda such as those discussed above are NOT disciples of Christ. Their day of judgement will come at the hands of God....not men.
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

:-)

Post by GuyInLenexa »

:D StL_Dan, I respect your faith and opinion.
:D Mean, I like your style!
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by tat2kc »

Just so we can all understand that not everyone is as respectful as the members of this forum:

From www.advocate.com:
The conservative Montana Family Coalition plans to launch a campaign against the new television show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, calling it trash that should not be on TV. The coalition's executive director, Julie Millam, said the group's campaign will target advertisers who air commercials during the one-hour reality show, which features five gay designers who give aesthetically inept straight men head-to-toe makeovers. "To me, that's not a reality show about gay people," Millam said. "A really good reality show for gay people would be five gay men dying of AIDS."

Welcome to our world.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by QueSi2Opie »

tat2kc wrote:"To me, that's not a reality show about gay people," Millam said. "A really good reality show for gay people would be five gay men dying of AIDS."

Welcome to our world.
Welcome to the World of Christianity. ...and all Muslims are terrorists.

These peeps aren't workin' for the devil, or workin' against God. They believe what they read...we all interpret things differently. When they die will Jehovah/Allah say, "My Son, I'm sorry your human mind filled with error & poor judgement misinterpreted the word I had my deciples/prophets scribble in the good book. Now you must go to Hell quietly and sizzle for eternity."
PLEASE, GIVE ME A F$%KING BREAK!!!

Religion is so ridiculous because it shows our creator as being more brutal than most men could ever be in a lifetime. I'd sacrifice myself right now if I honestly thought the world would be a peaceful place for both animal and humankind.

DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Larry King Live

Post by DanCa »

I find it amusing that this group in Montana is going after "Queer Eye...", considering how incredibly popular it is. The majority of people I work with are watching it and they're all straight. Those advertisers aren't going to drop a show when they're getting so much exposure.

Personally, I view shows like "Jerry Springer" the WWE, "The Osborns" and anything on Trinity Broadcasting as trash, yet they aren't trying to do away with those shows. "Trash" is in the eye of the beholder. I have hundreds of channels and the majority of it I don't like. Don't like Queer Eye? Don't watch it. That's the great thing about a free society - we have choices.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Larry King Live

Post by QueSi2Opie »

I think I have a Straight Eye for the Queer Guys :wink: j/k