B&B Mainstreet Theater

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: AMC coming to Empire, Midland to be restored...

Post by ignatius »

Based on the time listings, looks like X-men in 2 regular theaters and Ghosts in 1 regular and 1 suites.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

Couldn't get Movietickets.com to complete my bookings.  SO, just walked my big fat butt down to the outside kiosk and bought and reserved my tickets there. Viola!  Eight seats in auditorium 1 at 7:30 PM Friday and got to choose pretty good location.  YAY!  :lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

So even normal theatres will have specific seats?  That's weird...will confusion ensue?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Anyone else find the seats incredibly uncomfortable?  I am 5-11 and the most protruding part of the headrest hit me right between the shoulders.  It felt like someone was pushing me to lean forward during the entire movie.  :(
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

They just changed the listings.  Now Girlfriends is on 2 screens (one of them traditional) so Wolverine must be in 2 of the traditional autitoriums.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

You think AMC has ever had a theatre's schedule so closely scrutinized the first day it came out?

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Got suite seats. The 10 voucer is good only for stuff in the suites (no concession stand or marquee). Doesn't say anything about not being able to use them for booze. Big bonus there.

drumatix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by drumatix »

KCPowercat wrote: those rumble seats are in all the theaters.
Ah, nice! Very, very effective.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

How many theatres are there inside?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

6.  Hence the name Mainstreet 6.

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Any idea what is going on with matinee pricing? Everything is $10 regardless of the time? Doesn't seem like a good idea or draw during the day.

Can anyone confirm that the reserved seating is working online?

The reserve seating is AWESOME. It makes it so that you can come whenever you want into the theater and ensures your entire group sits together.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah not sure if there will be Matinee pricing....I'm sure there probably will be but if demand is there, maybe they won't?

darin
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by darin »

trailerkid wrote: Any idea what is going on with matinee pricing? Everything is $10 regardless of the time? Doesn't seem like a good idea or draw during the day.

Can anyone confirm that the reserved seating is working online?

The reserve seating is AWESOME. It makes it so that you can come whenever you want into the theater and ensures your entire group sits together.

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I could do without the seat reservation system. 

Whatever happened to showing up early so you can sit where you want?  Call me old fashioned, but part of the romanticism of going to see a movie for me is showing up early with my wife and grabbing a bucket of popcorn and finding where we want to sit. 
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

darin wrote:
I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I could do without the seat reservation system. 

Whatever happened to showing up early so you can sit where you want?  Call me old fashioned, but part of the romanticism of going to see a movie for me is showing up early with my wife and grabbing a bucket of popcorn and finding where we want to sit. 
I'm assuming you've never ran late to a movie or had to wait in a line for 10 minutes? I get what you're saying because I'm usually early, but am associated with many people that are always late. It's a pain to be basically on time (not early) or late to a movie in a busy theater.

AMC probably thinks they can make more money in concessions and at the Marquee if people know the seat is already reserved up until the start of the movie. There is no need to rush into the theater and stare at the screen where AMC can't sell you stuff (except in the Cinema Suites). 
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

It's interesting because I thought this was the first reserved seating concept in the world and well... its not, many asian countries have reserve seating theaters.  Here I was thinking we were unique.  LOL.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Friend and I went last night to the Quantum of Solace screening.  It was free and was hosted in the large theater but was only half full!  The seats are much stiffer than I would like, but they'll break in.  The rumbler under the seat was interesting.  Some scenes it was totally awesome, others it was a little odd to feel the vibration.  Tried a shot of chocolate flavor in my Coke and it tasted almost identical to the chocolate Cokes Panache on the plaza makes.  Tried cinnamon sugar topping on my popcorn, it was very good.  Went back to try the parmesean but it was either empty or clogged.  The BBQ was my second choice and it was surprisingly good as well.

Before the movie, we had dinner at the bar.  The bartender was very attentive and seemed quite competent.  We were there for happy hour so we had half price burgers which were good, but not as good as the one I had on grand opening.  The one on grand opening was a little more greasy and this one was more dry.  I really like their waffle fries.  All taps were half off as well, so I had a 20 oz Blvd Wheat for $3.00 which isn't too bad a price.

I've decided I will always spring for the cinema suites when going to a movie, those are totally worth the extra $ to get a more private seat with no one next to you.

Also, I had posted a picture of an original and dirty staircase by their server room.  I broke down and jumped the wall to run up it and it's capped off with a ceiling.  Goes nowhere these days...too bad.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

I'm really disappointed that Wolverine is not showing in any of the Cinema Suites.  I do hope this correct this gross oversight for Star Trek.  :)
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

scooterj wrote: I'm really disappointed that Wolverine is not showing in any of the Cinema Suites.   I do hope this correct this gross oversight for Star Trek.  :)
Me too - and what's worse is they seem to have scheduled the Matthew McConnawhatever Girlfriend movie on two of total the screens.
geeman68 wrote: It's interesting because I thought this was the first reserved seating concept in the world and well... its not, many asian countries have reserve seating theaters.  Here I was thinking we were unique.  LOL.
I went to a movie in Austria once and not only did you reserve the seat, but you also paid more or less depending on what seats were considered to be in the best locations.  Almost makes me wonder if they charged more for seats when a sellout was expected.

Anyway, I can't wait to go to the Mainstreet.  AMC has never had very comfortable seats IMO and comments here seem to be similar.  Is it just the 'regular' theatre seats that are uncomfortable or the suite seating, as well?  And is anyone else stoked that they're actually going to have late night (after 11pm) showings?  How great to go to a movie at midnight, then come out and have a bite to eat either AMC or the 24-hour joint across the street?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

dangerboy wrote: Anyone else find the seats incredibly uncomfortable?  I am 5-11 and the most protruding part of the headrest hit me right between the shoulders.  It felt like someone was pushing me to lean forward during the entire movie.  :(
YES!
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

Do AMC gift cards or passes work here?