Re: KC in TV and Movies

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Is the movie watchable?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

In a touchy feely 20-something way :P, frankly I was too busy watching the backgrounds to pay much attention to the plot.  Certainly made KC look hip.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

I bought it before I saw it cause it obviously wasn't playing in Washington DC.  I think it's a fine movie.  Some parts of it seem kinda dumb or weird...but for the most part it's a solid plot and pretty good acting.  KC does look hip...too bad they never really say it's KC, but they do have a song in it that mentions Kansas City while they show some city scenes.
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by ColumbusParkian »

i saw Fling. Well actually, I saw the first 40 minutes of it before i turned it off for being so terrible! It's a shame, because i really did want to like it. And I'd also really like to own Brandon Routh's kick ass loft!

In other news, there were film crews in the River Market last Saturday filming some sort of period piece, and then later that day I saw film crews by the JC Nichols fountain. Any idea what projects these were for???
UMKCroo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by UMKCroo »

Dont know about the plaza crews, but there was a brief blurb in the Star Sunday regarding a civil war movie filming in the market on Saturday.  Here are some pictures of the shoot courtesy of our always positive comrades at the Pitch!

http://www.pitch.com/slideshow/view/28838622
GO ROOs!!!!!
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I found a YouTube video segment from the crime show, The First 48, featuring a crime bust in Kansas City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6IFsGpN ... re=related
There is no fifth destination.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I didn't realize it til I saw him on the news at the Mayor's Christmas Tree lighting, but Eric Stonestreet, who plays "Cameron" on ABC's "Modern Family" (very funny show) is a KCK native, went to Piper HS and is a grad of KSU.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

Where exactly in Prairie Village did Chuck Norris live as a child?
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

KC0KEK wrote: Where exactly in Prairie Village did Chuck Norris live as a child?
It doesn't exist anymore.  Chuck bitch-slapped it and it's now part of Texas.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

KC0KEK wrote: Where exactly in Prairie Village did Chuck Norris live as a child?
Chuck Norris lived in Prairie Village, but his beard lived in Lee's Summit.

The houses in Johnson County are all beige because Chuck Norris scared all the color out of them.

Chuck's biceps were at one time the third largest employer in the state of Kansas.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

KCMax wrote:
Chuck's biceps were at one time the third largest employer in the state of Kansas.
WTF do you mean, third!? 

The only time Chuck Norris was third at anything was when he was the third born at the hospital that day and after one look at him the other two babies climbed back into the womb.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I understand he had to move when they wouldn't let him register his car. DMV wouldn't let him bring those guns in.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

:lol:
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

Yes, great site. I've been on it before and laughed every time.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

KC0KEK wrote: Yes, great site. I've been on it before and laughed every time.
KC0KEK, we've beening clowning our way around your question.  Did you come across some reference to Chuck being from PV?

I've got a friend who is close with Chuck's wife, (he has to sign an affidavit that he is really, really gay every time he's with her).
I'll have him ask her, or him, where Chuck would have lived.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

loftguy wrote: Did you come across some reference to Chuck being from PV?
Yes. Several sites, including Wikipedia, mention it. He moved there around 1950 with his mom and brothers after his parents divorced. But I've never found any mention of the street where they lived. Apparently they were there only briefly.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

That guy that does bus tours of the rich and famous in KC would know.  He does it through communiversity often.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Saw the movie "Up in the Air" last week.  It stars George Clooney as a man who flies around the country quite a bit.  Anyway, they showed lots of aerial shots of the cities he visited.  I can remember shots of Omaha, STL, Tulsa, Wichita, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, and KC off the top of my head.  For all of the cities, they showed the downtowns.  But for KC, they showed the aerial of a residential area of what looked like Overland Park.  I thought it was kinda weird, seeing as KC has a pretty nice skyline downtown.  Not sure why they didn't show that.  I wonder if Grid or Chef have seen this movie.  I could see them throwing their popcorn and drink at the screen when they show OP as KC.  :lol:
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Finally saw Mad Money. Several references to KCPD and obviously shot around KC. So my question is, if they decided to use KC as a setting, why didn't they include some beauty shots of the city? Made it look very small town and drab. Plus, why use a building other than the KC Federal Reserve in the cover shots?