Kansas City NHL Articles

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KcSportsFanatic
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Kansas City NHL Articles

Post by KcSportsFanatic »

voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

KC0KEK wrote: :-$ Careful. Asking questions such as that on this board will get you labeled as being negative or, worse, from Kansas.
stop being so negative, kansan!

:D
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
Beltonhawk
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Beltonhawk »

Maybe I had overlooked this awhile back, but I didn't realize that sprint has pledged 2.5 million a year for the next 25 years for the naming rights to the dt arena.(knew that)

BUT, that figure, however, depends on the arena landing an nba, or nhl franchise. If that dosen't happen, sprint expects to only pay about 1/3  less for the naming rights to the arena!(didn't know that)
This was clearly stated from day 1. I'll dig back through the arena thread if nobody believes me.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Yea, I remember hearing that from the beginning. 
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

Beltonhawk wrote: This was clearly stated from day 1. I'll dig back through the arena thread if nobody believes me.
No, I believe you. I must have just overlooked it.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

mykem wrote:
So, if the deal to lure the pens to kc fails, and aeg is in jeopordy of losing money from sprint. What do they do? Are they willing to allow the clippers to up root from the staples center? If the clippers even wanted to. What is the timeline to have a team in place?
The Sprint money does not go to operations, it goes to debt service so it has no effect on AEG.  If the Sprint money, user fees, hotel/motel fees, and car rental fees is not enough to make the debt payments then general city funds make up the difference.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Also, Sprint still owes quite a bit for naming rights regardless of a NBA or NHL tennant.  They just owe a little less until a team moves there.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: The Sprint money does not go to operations, it goes to debt service so it has no effect on AEG.  If the Sprint money, user fees, hotel/motel fees, and car rental fees is not enough to make the debt payments then general city funds make up the difference.
Wouldn't that contribute to construction cost overrun that fall on AEG?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

http://boards.nashvillepredators.com/fo ... topic=5090

See what you guys made me do ;).

These guys actually thought Nashville was bigger than KC.  Wow.

I've been to Nashville many times and there is little to do there.  KC beats it hands down.  It's a little better than OKC only TN is much nicer to look at than OK.  TN is much like MO IMO.
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

Yea, grid you need to tell that idiot that posted that last stat, that his stat didn't state anything about population growth, but rather informed people on the growth of internet users in those areas.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

mykem wrote: Yea, grid you need to tell that idiot that posted that last stat, that his stat didn't state anything about population growth, but rather informed people on the growth of internet users in those areas.
I only perused thru this while drinking a coke....but this idiot was great:  But seriously, dont try and argue something that you know absolutely nothing about. It wont work here, not with me posting buddy.

Seriously.  Internet forums are truly sights to behold.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I did, didn't matter.  :D
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mykem wrote: Yea, grid you need to tell that idiot that posted that last stat, that his stat didn't state anything about population growth, but rather informed people on the growth of internet users in those areas.
Not to mention that Chatanooga is closer to Atlanta, which already has the NHL, than to Nashville!!

apparently you dont know anything about nashville because we are the same way here. We have Clarksville, Hopkinsville, Jackson, and Chattanooga within relative ease driving distances... you really want to talk about other cities and big towns, you have to add those in ours too. Trust me, Nashville is DEFINITELY a leg up on anything you have about KC.

Again, KC has a MUCH greater black percentage than Nashville does. MUCH greater. Sorry, but i MAYBE see 50 black people total at hockey games. KC is not the market for hockey, maybe basketball (see Memphis)

plus you gotta add on that we are expanding our downtown COMPLETELY. We are adding a baseball park along the river, the WORLDS TALLEST condo, 3 other high tower condo's downtown, maybe a new community center and add that with the fact that we are the SECOND fastest growing city in America (first is Atlanta), KC has NOTHING on Nashville. Period.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

While I think GRID is a good candidate to "sick" on an unsuspecting Nashville resident, i still think KCDevin (or is it ShowMe?) is just so much more fun to send to the wolves.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

God, that guy was a joke!

The least he could've done is KNOW THE FACTS before he starts ripping up KCMO.  How in the hell is Nashville the 2nd fastest growing city in America??  R U kidding me? What about LV, PHX, ATL, Charlotte, Denver, etc.?

Obviously he needs some growing up to do... what the hell does a larger percentage of African-Americans have to do with NHL success here in KC?

To me, Nashville is still a progressing city with catching up to do compared to KC.  I've been there, and trust me, KC is much better...

I know its a long shot, but I've love the Nashville Preds just to piss that guy off..

Way to go GRID :lol:
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

Grid, as a former special ed teacher, I just have to say that I really don't kow what to think after reading that thread.  Not just that there is one poster there who continuously posts bad information (a simple reading of the biusiness journal article does not come close to indicating what he is claiming it does- so Nashville is growing fast enough to be the size that KC is now by 2025?  and he missed the words "among the cities growing faster are" before Atlanta and Charlotte were mentioned) and then complain that you can't argue against the stats, but everyone else agrees with him.  Like I said, as a former special ed teacher (and this is nothing against special ed students- they are all different, but sometimes the disability will get in the way of comprehension of certain concepts for a while) I could give that poster the benefit of the doubt, but for almost no one else to see the gaping holes in his arguement,I seriously have to question the educational system of the entire city of Nashville.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

KCPowercat wrote: Wouldn't that contribute to construction cost overrun that fall on AEG?
Huh??????????????  Come on.  You are better than that.

Shortfall in the collections to pay bonds has nothing to do with the construction cost.  The bonds pay the construction cost.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I thought the naming right monies were going directly to AEG?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Has anyone called up Fatboy Petro yet, and asked him about his guarantee of a "done deal" with the Penguins?

Seriously.  If none of you will, then maybe I will.

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Has anyone called up Fatboy Petro yet, and asked him about his guarantee of a "done deal" with the Penguins?

Seriously.  If none of you will, then maybe I will.
You should. Let me know which day too, so I can listen in.