PittPA on marriage, marital finances, fidelity.

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: PittPA on marriage, marital finances, fidelity.

Post by Maitre D »

Gretz wrote: Is that you, Frank TJ Mackey?
In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve - it's what.....you....take.

Wow, I really need to block off an hour to read this thread.  I've been intimidated by its length and so have generally ignored it, but it looks like a real winner.
I'm biased of course, but I think this thread is outstanding myself.  4-stars in my book.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

no sex? how about a stab wound then?

Post by Maitre D »

DECEMBER 10--Meet Brittany Phillips. Early Saturday morning, the 19-year-old Louisiana woman wanted some sex from her boyfriend. But Todd Stewart, 35, was apparently not in the mood. In fact, he tried to push Phillips off of him in the bedroom of the pair's West Monroe home.

......At some point, he added, things got physical and he was stabbed in the lower lip with "a long metal object which appeared to be a knife."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... love1.html
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: no sex? how about a stab wound then?

Post by kcmetro »

Maitre D wrote: DECEMBER 10--Meet Brittany Phillips. Early Saturday morning, the 19-year-old Louisiana woman wanted some sex from her boyfriend. But Todd Stewart, 35, was apparently not in the mood. In fact, he tried to push Phillips off of him in the bedroom of the pair's West Monroe home.

......At some point, he added, things got physical and he was stabbed in the lower lip with "a long metal object which appeared to be a knife."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... love1.html
People will call him a wimp for not wanting sex, just because he's a man.  Men are expected to be in the mood all the time.

If he was the woman, everyone would feel sorry for him.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

If a 35 year old is going to date a 19 year old and try to keep up, he probably better be prepared to elevate his energy level.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: no sex? how about a stab wound then?

Post by Maitre D »

kcmetro wrote: People will call him a wimp for not wanting sex, just because he's a man.  Men are expected to be in the mood all the time.
Men are horn dogs who will screw anything.  Women are chaste and they only do it in the context of marriage.  Or engagement.   Mayyyyybe a serious, LT relationship.   Uh huh.    :lol:

If he was the woman, everyone would feel sorry for him.
Spot-on.  Just another case of an out of control, azzhole horn-dog who can't keep his pecker in his pants - or his hatred for females on the backburner.  Violent, sex-obbsessed creatures without brains we is.

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Who says these things you're ridiculing?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: If a 35 year old is going to date a 19 year old and try to keep up, he probably better be prepared to elevate his energy level.

Or....what?  Get stabbed?

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I don't see anyone seriously excusing the behavior of psychobitch.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

mean wrote: I don't see anyone seriously excusing the behavior of psychobitch.
Excluding Squitiro, of course.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

mean wrote: I don't see anyone seriously excusing the behavior of psychobitch.
I just found Lenexa's "take-away" of the situation, to be a bit odd.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I think a psychiatrist could help you through what she did to you buddy....constantly searching the web for women articles isn't working.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Guy Ritchy is about to get 50 million pounds out of his divorce settlement.  I keep waiting to hear PPA come tell us about how this is an example of a younger spouse taking advantage of their older, wealthier partner in the divorce courts. 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

We all know that if you point out facts which run contrary to MD's worldview, they are "fringe" examples.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Guy Ritchy is about to get 50 million pounds out of his divorce settlement.  I keep waiting to hear PPA come tell us about how this is an example of a younger spouse taking advantage of their older, wealthier partner in the divorce courts. 
You are one very poor reader, if that's what you've gleaned from my posts on this thread.

omenapt
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by omenapt »

Oh come on! NO comment , MD , on the horrific Covina massacre Xmas eve from a VERY bitter  divorce settlement?, (which baffles me for two grown adults marrying in their 40's and splitting after only two years and no shared children)  Seems to me it should have been an amicable split with no cost to anyone ???!!  Comments?
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

"Deliver pizzas", wife tells laid-off hubby.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal ... index.html

Donna LeBlanc gave her husband, a former restaurant manager, the stark ultimatum: become a pizza delivery man or their family "wouldn't make it."

The Lafayette, Louisiana, family of six was struggling with $45,000 of mounting medical debt from Donna LeBlanc's unexpected case of pneumonia and tonsillitis a year earlier. The family savings account had dwindled to $100.

He spent nearly five months delivering pizzas at Domino's. He admits he fell into depression during that time.

But the family received good news Friday, when a private security company hired Rob LeBlanc to be a security officer. He says the company offers many opportunities to move up to a managerial position.

"My first thought was to tell my wife right away," he says. "I could hear the relief in her voice."

Taking a job as a pizza man wasn't the only sacrifice he's made for his family -- he's also selling his beloved 2003 Kawasaki motorcycle.

Donna LeBlanc earns a few hundred dollars a week exterminating mosquitoes for a bug control company. Before her husband lost his job, she had talked of going back to school to pursue a biology degree at Louisiana State University.

Maybe this chick shouldn't eat so much in order to help the family budget.  I'm sure her unhealthy lifestyle also led to her 45k in medical expenses, which her husband had to pay for.  And if that wasn't enough...she was thinking of going back to school to get a biology degree at LSU before her husband lost his job???  Talk about putting an unnecessary strain on the family's (husband's) finances.  I'm sure that biology degree would really come in handy in creating more income for the family. &   :roll:
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

yeah, i bet she ate so much that she got pneumonia and tonsillitis!!!  and how selfish of her, trying to get a degree when her husband was still employed. 

congratulations, you have now surpassed MD in the ability to scour inane articles for your sexist, man-as-victim diatribes!  :lol:
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

chrizow wrote: yeah, i bet she ate so much that she got pneumonia and tonsillitis!!!  and how selfish of her, trying to get a degree when her husband was still employed. 

congratulations, you have now surpassed MD in the ability to scour inane articles for your sexist, man-as-victim diatribes!   :lol:
Just sayin', being healthy lowers your risk of disease.  I'm sure you're aware of that, seeing as you're a vegetarian. 

And we're talking about a biology degree.  What is she going to do with an undergrad degree in biology?  Serious question.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

kcmetro wrote: And we're talking about a biology degree.  What is she going to do with an undergrad degree in biology?  Serious question.
she isn't exactly obese.  i really doubt that her diet caused her to have pneumonia.  the real issue there is that they apparently didn't have health insurance.  you're basically telling the family "don't get sick, you don't have insurance!" which exposes the grim reality of health care for millions in this country.

she could probably get a job in a lab or something and make 2-3x more than she currently does as an exterminator.  it could also set her up for another degree such as a master's in biology, nursing, whatever. 

i can almost understand the self-righteous/male-victim outrage angle from a few of the articles in this thread, but not this one.  seems like a pretty typical, benign story of a family of 8 (!) trying to make ends meet during a tough time. 
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

here ya go Chriz

Post by Maitre D »

chrizow wrote: i can almost understand the self-righteous/male-victim outrage angle from a few of the articles in this thread,

Married teacher 'had sex with boy 300 times
Article from: Font size: Decrease Increase Email article: Email Print article: Print Submit comment:
Submit comment January 12, 2009 07:01am

A TEACHER has been arrested after allegedly having sex with a 13-year-old more than 300 times - including under her husband's nose.

Police say Christine McCallum, 29, lived a disturbed double life for almost two years.

The Boston teacher is accused of having serial liaisons with the boy in Rockland and Abington from February 2006, when she allegedly took his virginity, to November 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sex-case teachers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lad told police they had sex for the first time on a couch at McCallum's home while her husband slept upstairs.

They also had unprotected sex in the shower, on the kitchen floor and on the living room floor,
court documents say.

The Boston Herald reports that McCallum denies all the allegations, saying she took the boy and his brother in.

"She tried to mother the child because she felt sorry for them," her lawyer Frederick McDermott said.

Prosecutors claim McCallum weaved her way into the boy’s life in late 2005 when she became a tutor for his younger brother.

But within months she was allegedly giving them vodka and rum - and sleeping with him in her house.

Police said McCallum ended the relationship in a fit of jealousy when she discovered the boy was using a mobile phone she bought him to text other girls.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 48,00.html