2008 KC Brigade

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: 2007 KC Brigade

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

You know when the attendance is hurting when the scalpers are selling tickets "2 for the price of 1".
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

GRID wrote: cool kard, you went?  I think we are going to the next one.

I thought they won tonight cracka
Nope they lost...my signature is always accurate and up to date : )
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KansasCityCraka wrote: my signature is always accurate and up to date : )
I second that!   :D

Still, 7-8K???  How KC lost intrest already or are they not as well suported this year because they're a losing team?
KC is the way to be!
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

GRID wrote: cool kard, you went?  I think we are going to the next one.
Yeah, have season tickets again.
AllThingsKC wrote:Still, 7-8K???  How KC lost intrest already or are they not as well suported this year because they're a losing team?
It's a tough change of seasons during which they play.  When it suddenly hits 70 after a cold winter then fans are less inclined to go to a game.  I like that they're playing more evening games instead of Sunday afternoon, but the nice weather is still a factor, I think.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

And last game the KU game was obviously a factor.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

GRID wrote: ouch, was there anybody at the game tonight.  The highlights on TV made the arena look empty.  I understand they sucked last year, but going from 16k a game to 6k a game is downright scary and really makes me wonder if we really could put 17k per game in from of an NBA or NHL team for more than six months, let alone several years.

The Star reported 10,000 even for the attendance.

And i'm not wondering about KC's ability to support NBA/NHL.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
CityLiving
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by CityLiving »

pittsburghparoyal wrote:
The Star reported 10,000 even for the attendance.

And i'm not wondering about KC's ability to support NBA/NHL.
pittsburghparoyal wrote: I see the Brigade are already down to 10K in attendance, for a Friday Nite game vs. Dallas.

10 grand?  Any NHL/NBA team should wonder if KC can support a 2nd franchise, let alone  a 3rd. 
hmmm....I'm wondering
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

pittsburghparoyal wrote:The Star reported 10,000 even for the attendance.
It wasn't 10,000...they're wrong.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Arena League Attendance figures:

Kansas City 11,803
LEAGUE AVG: 12,262
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

You can't really compare the attendance figures right now wait until half way through the season as 3 teams haven't even had a game played at home yet. We will be in the top third in attendance but it will be down a couple thousand from last year.
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

You stole my thunder KCCRAKA. We need to wait to see at the end of the year. So far  Nashville, and Grand Rapids are keeping the average down with really low attendance figures. I hear Las Vegas has trouble bringing people to the games also.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

If KU has that big of an effect on sports in KC, than we may as well give it up now.  There is over 2 million people in this town, the vast majority of them are not KU fans.

Frankly the Brigade attendance drop in one year is scary and it's a damn good thing they will get a second honeymoon when they move to the Sprint Center.  I think for 3-5 years, the Sprint Center / P&L District will be about 90% of the draw for people going to Brigade games.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

But has it even been confirmed they are moving to the Sprint Center? Although I would think AEG would be begging them, considering we don't have an anchor tenant, and the future isn't looking too positive.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KansasCityChiefs wrote: But has it even been confirmed they are moving to the Sprint Center? Although I would think AEG would be begging them, considering we don't have an anchor tenant, and the future isn't looking too positive.

That still won't make Suite holders want to re-up.....not at $120K per year.

"Well you get Stars on Ice, Fleetwood Mac's reunion tour, the Big 12 tourney in 2 years, AND 8 games of Arena-Ball!  We think this is the best entertainment option in the 8 state area!" 
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

CityLiving wrote:
hmmm....I'm wondering
Interest in the NHL and NBA dont even come close to comparing with the AFL
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: That still won't make Suite holders want to re-up.....not at $120K per year.

"Well you get Stars on Ice, Fleetwood Mac's reunion tour, the Big 12 tourney in 2 years, AND 8 games of Arena-Ball!   We think this is the best entertainment option in the 8 state area!" 
Sad but true, especially after the new wears off.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: If KU has that big of an effect on sports in KC, than we may as well give it up now.  There is over 2 million people in this town, the vast majority of them are not KU fans.

Frankly the Brigade attendance drop in one year is scary and it's a damn good thing they will get a second honeymoon when they move to the Sprint Center.  I think for 3-5 years, the Sprint Center / P&L District will be about 90% of the draw for people going to Brigade games.
I don't know if the Brigade translates well here. I think people in KC are more into real sports and I see the Brigade as an entertainment product that, so far, no one gives a rip about. They're going to have to do something to better market their product. Terrible TV/print ads so far...making the Royals promotions look good. They better change their game plan or they won't be around much longer.

Further, AFL often play secondary arenas in other cities so I don't know how the Sprint Center fits in there. The AFL crowd isn't really the same that will hang out at Mosiac Lounge, but probably Hooters.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

trailerkid wrote: I don't know if the Brigade translates well here. I think people in KC are more into real sports and I see the Brigade as an entertainment product that, so far, no one gives a rip about. They're going to have to do something to better market their product. Terrible TV/print ads so far...making the Royals promotions look good. They better change their game plan or they won't be around much longer.

Further, AFL often play secondary arenas in other cities so I don't know how the Sprint Center fits in there. The AFL crowd isn't really the same that will hang out at Mosiac Lounge, but probably Hooters.
Wow that has ignorant written all over it. The problem is with people such as yourself who don't pay attention to the Brigade and what they are doing and what the league is doing. People don't think this team is a professional sports franchise even though it is.

If you want to know what you are talking about in terms of the AFL then visit arenafan.net and arenafootball.com

The TV ads are around quite a bit but do you really pay attention when they are on? Most of the teams don't make their own commericals unlike the Brigade who put money forth to promote the game.

The problem really lies within each fan b/c not many of them follow the Brigade like some of us do with the Royals or Chiefs. Everyone thinks they are a minor league franchise so unless they are winning no one cares about them.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Wow that has ignorant written all over it. The problem is with people such as yourself who don't pay attention to the Brigade and what they are doing and what the league is doing. People don't think this team is a professional sports franchise even though it is.

If you want to know what you are talking about in terms of the AFL then visit arenafan.net and arenafootball.com

The TV ads are around quite a bit but do you really pay attention when they are on? Most of the teams don't make their own commericals unlike the Brigade who put money forth to promote the game.

The problem really lies within each fan b/c not many of them follow the Brigade like some of us do with the Royals or Chiefs. Everyone thinks they are a minor league franchise so unless they are winning no one cares about them.
Arena football is no more a serious sport than indoor soccer.

Yes...blame the public for not going crazy over a product they know nothing about and don't care about. Give us a reason to care and we'll show up....
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

KansasCityCraka wrote: The problem really lies within each fan b/c not many of them follow the Brigade like some of us do with the Royals or Chiefs. Everyone thinks they are a minor league franchise so unless they are winning no one cares about them.
They might not be thought of as a minor league but more of a minor sport.  And many feel that it (along with indoor soccer) is a "manufactured sport" instead of something that is natural.

I liked indoor soccer a lot when KC first had the sport.  Worked and attendend many games.  My son was even a practice player with the Steamers in the mid 90's.  But after watching some real soccer, like the 94 World Cup, my feelings for it started to fall till it became no interest at all.

Although it is called "football" for many it is not the real thing - like Canadian football.  Although indoor football utilizes many of the same skills its success will lie with it developing its own identity instead of being junior football.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.