Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by TheNorthlander »

Wow!  Those All-Star attendees will be impressed by all the luxury hotels and fine restaurants near TSC.   :roll:
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22nd).

Post by lock+load »

shinatoo wrote: Or KC Players.
:D :D
cpt4599
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by cpt4599 »

lock&load wrote: Another event Kansas Citians will not get to attend
BOO FUCKING HOO.  GET OVER IT.  Its good exposure for the city.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by shaffe »

nm, mr. glass says "2010-2015 range".
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Royals to make major announcement regarding renovations later today (Mar. 22

Post by kcdcchef »

shaffe wrote: anybody know what year this thing would be, or is it just a vague promise?

also, what exactly does this change?  it's my opinion at least that an all star game was going to come back eventually, be it with a slightly renovated K or a new park alltogether.
mlb votes on it each year, it is committed through 08, so, probably 2009
shinatoo wrote: Or KC Players.
at least 1. mlb policy
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
tommy
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by tommy »

shaffe wrote: anybody know what year this thing would be, or is it just a vague promise?

also, what exactly does this change?  it's my opinion at least that an all star game was going to come back eventually, be it with a slightly renovated K or a new park alltogether.

Exactly...we would have been awarded an All-Star game with a new stadium too.  This plan still stinks and is an insult to the taxpayers of Jackson County.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: mlb votes on it each year, it is committed through 08, so, probably 2009
If it passed Kaufman will likely still be a construction disaster zone in '09
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

all three in one year?  all star game ..... super bowl.....final four.....?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

schugg wrote: all three in one year?  all star game ..... super bowl.....final four.....?
man, that would be cool.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

I highly doubt very many will be influenced by this.  A super bowl is a much bigger deal, if that hasn't sealed up ones vote, I doubt this will either.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I wondered why the Star didn't have a headline posted about the coming press conference.  I think they already knew about it.

POOF!  Magic article appears while the press conference is in progress...hummmmm...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/14161249.htm

Posted on Wed, Mar. 22, 2006
Kauffman Stadium to get All-Star Game if renovations approved
By BOB DUTTON The Kansas City Star

SURPRISE, Ariz. — The Royals unveiled a sweetener Wednesday afternoon in their push to win public approval for proposed stadium renovations: The promise of an All-Star Game at Kauffman Stadium.

“The commissioner has promised that Kansas City will get an All-Star Game between 2010 and 2015 subject to the approval of the renovations,â€
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: If it passed Kaufman will likely still be a construction disaster zone in '09
At least it will match what's going on in the field.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
SouthKC1985
Pad site
Pad site

Post by SouthKC1985 »

schugg wrote: all three in one year?  all star game ..... super bowl.....final four.....?
Detroit did something somewhat simular last year. MLB All Star game, Super Bowl, and NBA Finals all within a year
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: I highly doubt very many will be influenced by this.  A super bowl is a much bigger deal, if that hasn't sealed up ones vote, I doubt this will either.
they are pretty equal in terms of how many days of actual events they bring to the city.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

lock&load wrote: I highly doubt very many will be influenced by this.  A super bowl is a much bigger deal, if that hasn't sealed up ones vote, I doubt this will either.
OHHHHH!!!!    VOTE YES :)
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

how about a world series too?  is that too much to wish for?  think the Royals are up to it in a few years?
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

SouthKC1985 wrote: Detroit did something somewhat simular last year. MLB All Star game, Super Bowl, and NBA Finals all within a year
How about: Final four, Super Bowl, All star game , world series, NBA Championship, Stanly Cup, Two NASCAR races, Big 12 tourney, BIG 12 Football Championship, US Open (tennis and golf, mens and womens) and the Olympics.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

voltopt wrote: how about a world series too?  is that too much to wish for?  think the Royals are up to it in a few years?
Maybe if we pass another 3/8 cent sales tax that just deposits a check into the Royals bank account every year we might have a chance at that. In fact, lets just cover all the Royals expenses. After all, they deserve it for all that they've done for us.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

If they have the ASG in KC, think how many young fans will be shocked to learn there is a baseball team in KC.   :lol:
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

Classic Forum Response:

Another great thing has been anounced, but the haters rise to the surface to say "it's not as good as what we wanted."  It's something and it's not negative.  Take it and build on it.  24 months ago no one would have thought about a Superbowl or MLB All Star Game in this tiny stink town in the midwest (as perceived by THE WORLD)....this is an opportunity to MOVE ON UP TO THAT DEEEELUX APARTMENT....

Get positive.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'