Eggstc

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Eggstc

Post by KCMax »

SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

midtown wrote: Went there at 11 on Saturday for lunch and was very pleased.  Had a turkey burger with sweet potato fries, both of which were great.  I also tried a bit of the wife's four-cheese omelet and it was awesome too.  Will definitely go back... I had no idea this was here.  it's pretty close to me, too, so bonus there.
I've never ventured outside the breakfast foods...worth it, then?
midtown
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by midtown »

I'd say yes, but keep in mind I haven't tried their breakfast food and have only been there once.  I consider the turkey burger + sweet potato fries well worth the $7 (i think) that I paid.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Jess wrote: I've never ventured outside the breakfast foods...worth it, then?
I like their breakfast stuff a lot better. Didn't much care for the chicken salad sandwich. They've recently added a few new lunch items. The Turkey Florentine is pretty good. I do love them sweet potato fries though.

eternalvibe
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by eternalvibe »

midtown wrote: I'd say yes, but keep in mind I haven't tried their breakfast food and have only been there once.  I consider the turkey burger + sweet potato fries well worth the $7 (i think) that I paid.
That's the first thing I ordered there too, so far any dish I've had has been absolutely wonderfully delisc...it's almost constantly busy anymore, I call that a success...They need to open another one up in Midtown or Downtown.
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter, they are an entire banquet-mark twain
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

eternalvibe wrote: They need to open another one up in Midtown or Downtown.
Gah! No! Just because someone has a successful restaurant does not mean they need to go open a second one.
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

We've tried to eat there about 3 times.  Every time we're told it will be an hour-ish wait.  But by the time I'm going out to breakfast, my blood sugar is doing a nosedive.  So always end up back at Poco's, where we naturally eat between the early and late rushes.  I know you said it is nearly constantly busy.  What is the best-chance time to get there?  `
eternalvibe
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by eternalvibe »

heatherkay wrote: We've tried to eat there about 3 times.  Every time we're told it will be an hour-ish wait.  But by the time I'm going out to breakfast, my blood sugar is doing a nosedive.  So always end up back at Poco's, where we naturally eat between the early and late rushes.  I know you said it is nearly constantly busy.  What is the best-chance time to get there?  `
hence the reason they need another restaurant, or to expand and cut into that parking lot next to it.
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter, they are an entire banquet-mark twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

eternalvibe wrote: hence the reason they need another restaurant, or to expand and cut into that parking lot next to it.
I think their kitchen has a tough time keeping up with the business they have.

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

KCMax wrote: I think their kitchen has a tough time keeping up with the business they have.
could be, but compared to succotash and bluebird, eggtc gets the food out fast.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Dumb question.... is the name pronounced "egg-cetera" or "egg-stacy"?
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

scooterj wrote: Dumb question.... is the name pronounced "egg-cetera" or "egg-stacy"?
I've always heard others say Egg cetera
eternalvibe
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by eternalvibe »

scooterj wrote: Dumb question.... is the name pronounced "egg-cetera" or "egg-stacy"?
Not dumb at all, I initially called it EGGSTACY, and still do in spite, but yes I believe it is a play on Etcetera, not on a street drug.  :lol:
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Chris Cooper (psycho dad on American Beauty, October Sky) was in this morning.  Apparently his mom or sister lives in Brookside if I heard right.

Another guy in there looked exactly like Bret from Flight of Conchords, sans the New Zealand accent.

Tried the Southwest Bennie for first time.  Dig the chorizo gravy.  Comfort food if in a heavy breakfast mode.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

ignatius wrote: Chris Cooper (psycho dad on American Beauty, October Sky) was in this morning.  Apparently his mom or sister lives in Brookside if I heard right.
Chris Cooper was born and raised here.  Southwest High School and MU.
wetpaint
Pad site
Pad site

Post by wetpaint »

eternalvibe wrote: Not dumb at all, I initially called it EGGSTACY, and still do in spite, but yes I believe it is a play on Etcetera, not on a street drug.  :lol:
My wife says eggcetera, but I hold out for eggstacy. I always have the Barry White song going through my head when we eat there.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

over-rated! over-rated! over-rated!
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

To me, it's less overrated, at least foodwise, than Succotash AND You Say Tomato, two that I finally went to mainly to break out of my Eggtc. rut. Although of the three, You Say Tomato is my favorite, atmosphere-wise.  Eggtc's Cobb omelet is one of the tastiest breakfast dishes I've eaten anywhere outside my own kitchen, and is consistently well-prepared.  The Crepe Cena is pretty good, too.  I've never been sold on the pancakes, though. 

The wait really does suck, though.  We've gotten out of the habit of even bothering to go on the weekends anymore, because it's just consistently obnoxious.  I tend to hit it occasionally on a weekday morning on my way to work now.  I get there when it opens, thus avoiding any wait.
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

Ate here this morning for the first time and, yes, the wait is out of control.  30+ min at 11am without room even to stand while waiting.  Food was good though.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Even at First Watch of all places up on Westport Rd, the waits for breakfast on weekends are irritating. Frequently fifteen or twenty minutes sitting or standing around.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit