Kansas City NHL Articles

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Kansas City NHL Articles

Post by DowntownBryan »

Hah! NHL rejects... the majority of players in the AHL are 20-26 years of age. NHL rejects? The Outlaws had Jason Ruff, who played a few games in the NHL just to find himself infront of 2,000 fans at 32 years of age in Kansas City. People in Kansas City don't know shit about hockey, and thats depressing.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

AF wrote: Minor league hockey is no good. The hockey isn't fast enough or as much fun to watch.
you are crazy. minor league hockey moves as fast or faster then the nhl. there are far more injuries, by like a long shot, in any of the minor leagues then the major leagues in hockey, those players play their asses off.

when i broke rookie camp with the blades i had a concussion and a sprained ankle in less then a month, and never even made one start.

so, save that shit.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by AF »

kcdcchef wrote: you are crazy. minor league hockey moves as fast or faster then the nhl. there are far more injuries, by like a long shot, in any of the minor leagues then the major leagues in hockey, those players play their asses off.

when i broke rookie camp with the blades i had a concussion and a sprained ankle in less then a month, and never even made one start.

so, save that shit.
ive been to both.  im not saying that minor league players dont try hard. However the game is faster, more skilled players and more fun to watch at NHL level.
ddw334umkc
New York Life
New York Life

Post by ddw334umkc »

If they do move em', I hope that they'll change the name.  The "Kansas City Lancers" sounds too corny.
"Let's get it!"
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

AF wrote: ive been to both.  im not saying that minor league players dont try hard. However the game is faster, more skilled players and more fun to watch at NHL level.
that is the same with any sport, but i think minor league hockey players flat out try just as hard and give just as much effort, and almost as good of a game, as the nhl players do.

hockey players are the lowest paid of the big 4, therefore, minor leaguers really dont make squat ( my base salary was $17,000 ) and are holding on to the dream they will make it to the nhl someday, and are PLAYING THEIR ASSES OFF
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

DowntownBryan wrote: Hah! NHL rejects... the majority of players in the AHL are 20-26 years of age. NHL rejects? The Outlaws had Jason Ruff, who played a few games in the NHL just to find himself infront of 2,000 fans at 32 years of age in Kansas City. People in Kansas City don't know shit about hockey, and thats depressing.
I would be more dissapointed in KC if we did draw 2000 a game for the Outlaws.  THAT would prove KC has no idea what they are doing when it comes to hockey.  That is a horrible league, especially for a market this size.

The Blades did well at for a good chunk of their tenure.  KC will support a good NHL or AHL team as well as most other towns would.

Same with NBA, just a different market.
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

ddw334umkc wrote: If they do move em', I hope that they'll change the name.  The "Kansas City Lancers" sounds too corny.
Lancers are the USHL Junior team in Omaha.

I would hope we'd get the Knights. That is their AHL team.
Topeka Blade
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Topeka Blade »

The Omaha Knights in the AHL are suffering because they are the last of three teams to come into that city.  The USHL Lancers and NCAA Nebraska-Omaha have established teams with a fan base that hasn't jumped to the AHL Knights.

And no, ezstreet, youn aren't reading too much into that.  Nowhere in this article does it say that they will secure an NHL team, just a hockey team.  If it's the AHL, fine.  But this article is a cover your ___ movement from AEG and NHL 21.
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

Agreed.

Bring the AHL to KC.

and a Junior team back to Topeka.  8)
Topeka Blade
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Topeka Blade »

Amen, brother ezstreet, that would make things right here at the Church of the Frozen Puck . . .
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

I've only been to one hockey game in my entire life. It was between the Topeka Scarecrows and the team from Wichita. This was back in '99. It was AWESOME! The Topeka goalie skated down to the Wichita goalie and kicked his ass. There was a pool of blood on the ice. It was my first experience with hockey, and unfortunately I haven't been back, but I'm sure I would if KC got a team.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

kcmetro wrote: The Topeka goalie skated down to the Wichita goalie and kicked his ass.
Fights are common, but goalie-on-goalie is a rare treat.
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

kcmetro wrote: I've only been to one hockey game in my entire life. It was between the Topeka Scarecrows and the team from Wichita. This was back in '99. It was AWESOME! The Topeka goalie skated down to the Wichita goalie and kicked his ass. There was a pool of blood on the ice. It was my first experience with hockey, and unfortunately I haven't been back, but I'm sure I would if KC got a team.
Probably the greatest game ever played of Hockey here in Topeka.

Ah, the goold old days of late 90's CHL action. I miss them dearly.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

AHL is ok only if we get the NBA too.

If all we get is the AHL, then I would be very disappointed.

In all honesty, I think we need an NHL team for it too work in KC.

KC is tired of minor league hockey and even though AHL is a good level of hockey, another interim few years of minor league hockey and small crowds might just do us in for getting a major league team.

Bring in NHL (or NBA) to our new arena and downtown so we can rival with other major league markets and all the NHL fans can come out of hiding of which there are a lot in KC.  I don't care what the outlaws drew.
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by AF »

GRID wrote: AHL is ok only if we get the NBA too.

If all we get is the AHL, then I would be very disappointed.

In all honesty, I think we need an NHL team for it too work in KC.

KC is tired of minor league hockey and even though AHL is a good level of hockey, another interim few years of minor league hockey and small crowds might just do us in for getting a major league team.

Bring in NHL (or NBA) to our new arena and downtown so we can rival with other major league markets and all the NHL fans can come out of hiding of which there are a lot in KC.  I don't care what the outlaws drew.
Amen.
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by AF »

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/16047252.htm

California businessman wants to buy NHL team for Sprint Center
By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

William “Bootsâ€
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

Great, another absentee owner.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCFutbol wrote: Great, another absentee owner.
I suppose that is better than no owner at all.
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

This guy sounds pretty legit. He's good enough to get my hopes up... again.
HockeyPunkKC
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by HockeyPunkKC »

WOO HOO  this made my night. :D

as long as he doesn't let me down.  I want the NHL so bad