18th & Broadway Community Garden + Housing

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KC Kropf
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KC Kropf »

GRID wrote: you want renderings of a mini farm???
Ha ah ha.. Yes, it's a huge site and on a significantly viewable piece of property of our cities future... currently it looks like a nicely sloped urban park, but curious to see what the final "plans" look like and how it will/won't integrate with the sloped landscape of PAC....
On to the Next One
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KC Kropf wrote: Ha ah ha.. Yes, it's a huge site and on a significantly viewable piece of property of our cities future... currently it looks like a nicely sloped urban park, but curious to see what the final "plans" look like and how it will/won't integrate with the sloped landscape of PAC....
I though it was going to be more of a gardern than a park.  Guess it could be both.
KC Kropf
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KC Kropf »

GRID wrote: I though it was going to be more of a gardern than a park.  Guess it could be both.

Sounds like a water garden and maybe the use the recycled water to grow stuff on the site?!? 

Here is the only info that I was able to find:  http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... .html 

I was also kinda saying that if I had no clue as to what was going in, right now it looks like a future park, the way the site is taking shape.  Either way, it looks like something interesting to run/walk/jog/or walk your dog by. 
On to the Next One
blackbird
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by blackbird »

This is a large file - but here's all the info on that block.

http://bluestemsolutions.com/waterwise/ ... reiner.pdf

And the single slide that has the proposed site map - some phases are now, some phases are later.

KC Kropf
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KC Kropf »

:shock:  WOW!

Very Cool, Thanks for Sharing all the details that was great. 

Do you know what the access will be to this block?  Will myself and others be able to walk through the block?  I think it would be great if they could somehow rent out garden space to downtown residents.. The spices in pots in my window and Topsy Turvy on the balcony are okay, but it would be cool to have my own raised garden bed like the ones going in on this block. 

If we are ever going to get a condo tower on this block, maybe this infrastructure being in place would help save future residents on water bills.  :lol:
On to the Next One
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: 18th & Broadway Community Garden + Housing

Post by DaveKCMO »

mod: split the community garden part off from the condo part of the thread (which is now locked).