powerandlightdistrict.com- New designed website

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: powerandlightdistrict.com- New designed website

Post by MidtownCat »

NDTeve wrote: Didn't someone say that Blonde was closing. Couldn't happen soon enough IMO.
NDTeve wrote: Not having clubs with bottle service = country bumpkin

Wow.

For the second time, most clubs in this city offer bottle service.

Guess you're just against night clubs. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

NV,Blonde, and 7.

Yes I am against these 3 places. Not sure if this is considered "most night clubs" or not.

But, being against these 3 places does not make me a country bumpkin.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

what is the point of being "against" nightclubs that you (apparently) don't go to?  if they aren't your speed, great, but what is the value in hoping upscale places don't open for those who like that sort of thing? 
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

NDTeve wrote: NV,Blonde, and 7.

Yes I am against these 3 places. Not sure if this is considered "most night clubs" or not.

But, being against these 3 places does not make me a country bumpkin.
No, being against the same type of night club that you'll find in every major city in America doesn't make you a country bumpkin.  It's more the close minded attitude of "if I don't personally like, it shouldn't be here".  

If it's not the night club atmosphere, what is it about bottle service that you have such an aversion towards?  Just curious.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I agree..if you don't like them fine, but why hope they shutdown?  having variety of bars is a good thing...I never step foot in many types of bars but I appreciate some people do enjoy them and don't wish them to close.

high end, bottle service type clubs are a fun alternative for my group.  it would suck if they shut down.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

NDTeve wrote: NV,Blonde, and 7.

Yes I am against these 3 places.
Not to pile on, but why are you against these places?  Just seems kind of arbitrary considering you admittedly never go to any these clubs in the first places.

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KC-wildcat wrote: Not to pile on, but why are you against these places?  Just seems kind of arbitrary considering you admittedly never go to any these clubs in the first places.

No piling on. I'm a big boy. Just think those places suck..have been to them and hated them. But I guess it gives people who like them a place to go. And away from the places I go. I'll try to be more open-minded in the future to things I hate.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I've never been to these three places, and probably never will, but that's fine. They can get along just fine without me. Plus, it keeps that sort of people out of the bars that I really like.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

The problem with bottle service at these places is that you have to have it in order to have a seat (especially at blonde). If you want a bottle of beer or one mixed drink you are forced to stand. If you sit in a vacant area, a person who has bottle service can tell you to move so they can sit and enjoy their drink. It's all very pretentious...
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Sussudio wrote: The problem with bottle service at these places is that you have to have it in order to have a seat (especially at blonde). If you want a bottle of beer or one mixed drink you are forced to stand. If you sit in a vacant area, a person who has bottle service can tell you to move so they can sit and enjoy their drink. It's all very pretentious...
True, but is it pretentious or a misunderstanding?  For someone who goes to bars, let's say Johnny's.. u can sit where u want and order drinks how u want (through a waiter/waitress or bartender).  It's just different at clubs that are more "exclusive".

By "Exclusive" I don't want people to get the wrong idea... that doesn't mean people aren't welcome, but that they are going after a different crowd IMO.  That's just business... Blonde makes more money off bottle service, than the guy who walks in (already drunk) and orders two beers and takes up room. 

There were some clubs in SoCal that were completly "exclusive".  That means no one enters unless they have a table reserved.  Alot of Clubs in Korea where I'm from does that too... it's more of the norm for nightclubs. 

So, I totally understand it sucks standing around (i've done it many times) but to me in KC, bottle service is completly overrated... cause to me in KC there is no need to order bottle service.  We just do it for special events (birthdays etc.) The clubs here suck. 

But as for clubs vs. this whole country bumpkin BS.. i don't get it.. Who Cares.. what matters more is that we all get drunk, have fun, and meet hot chicks...   
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

That just makes me feel like a non important customer because I can't sit down if I want to. Have special seating like 7 but allow me to have a seat if my high heels begin to hurt.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I think the new web site sucks.  No renderings or photos of the area.  Nothing to look at.
There is no fifth destination.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

FangKC wrote: I think the new web site sucks.  No renderings or photos of the area.  Nothing to look at.
Now remember, the opening graphics do say "this is just a tease, we'll be completely turned on this spring." Perhaps instead of referring to the district, they were referring to the website  :D
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

The design is the new brand.  The full site, when live, will have images, renderings and video.
FangKC wrote: I think the new web site sucks.  No renderings or photos of the area.  Nothing to look at.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

The old web site was better than this one.
There is no fifth destination.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

FangKC wrote: The old web site was better than this one.
There's a link to the old website on the new website. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

bitch bitch bitch...........
- Mark Twain
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Wow.  I thought the old website stunk. 
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Using all flash eliminates the site's utility for many people, including the largest group of internet users, who are still running their display at 1024x768 resolution or less. Also, flash is impossible to index for search engines.

The site is a no-go.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

I don't like the graphics on the new site, probably because of the dinosaur work computer, it takes fifty years to load the page.
I think they should have had it ready before putting it up. Maybe they should hire Fang to take those pictures  :)