Warehouse to Come down

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
RiverMarketDweller
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Looks Like the Lot is For Sale Now

Post by RiverMarketDweller »

tella100 wrote: On my way back home from Thai Paradise tonight I noticed a big Coldwell Banker FOR SALE sign on the corner of Grand and Indp. Ave.  Looks like the owner has shelved the bank idea and hopes to cash in?  I always thought using this place as a 2 story bank was not a very good financial move on the part of the lot owner. Anyone have any more info?
I had heard the bank was only going to take up 30% of the land so the bank may still be on the way.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Warehouse to Come down

Post by Midtownkid »

As of last weekend:

tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

If I had the $$, I would build a hotel there, something small/midsize like the business oriented Courtyard Marriot or Hilton Garden Inn.  I think they would do great there and would fill a void in the downtown hotel market. 
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Looks Like the Lot is For Sale Now

Post by zonk »

RiverMarketDweller wrote: I had heard the bank was only going to take up 30% of the land so the bank may still be on the way.
Yep, I'll confirm that the bank is now out of the picture and they've put the lot up for sale.  $62/sf....too much $$ IMO!
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

tella100 wrote: If I had the $$, I would build a hotel there, something small/midsize like the business oriented Courtyard Marriot or Hilton Garden Inn.  I think they would do great there and would fill a void in the downtown hotel market. 
I know several hotel developers have looked at the site....it's not as visually appealing from the highway as the major flags would like....However, I still think it would be a great affordable lodging location.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Looks like this project is defunct, For Sale signs now up on the cleared land and building.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

for sale....$62/sq.ft.  crazy price...good luck selling!
RiverMarketDweller
Strip mall
Strip mall

zonk wrote: for sale....$62/sq.ft.   crazy price...good luck selling!
Don't know what it sold for but I was told last night that a law firm will be building a 4 story 80,000 sq foot office building on the Piscotta Warehouse lot. I saw some drilling being done Wednesday on the land. (i think he said it was a slurry sp? test)
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

The only permits on Kiva for this block are demolition permits from last year, besides one Storm Water Excavation permit from September '08, which, might explain the current digging.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Permits aren't required to do test borings.  This is typical when doing due diligence for potential construction, to see what's waiting for you sub-surface.

I've heard the rumor of a 4 story going up on the site, but had not heard law firm previously.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

loftguy wrote: Permits aren't required to do test borings.  This is typical when doing due diligence for potential construction, to see what's waiting for you sub-surface.
This is correct.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
tella100
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tella100 »

Any update on this space?  I thought I had heard that it had been sold for an office/retail low rise type building?  I do that it is really ugly right now!
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

don't hold your breath on this one....The buyer is moving slow as molasses. 
RiverMarketDweller
Strip mall
Strip mall

Updated look of old Piscotta warehouse lot and City Homes new banner

Piscotta lot

City Homes

New banner
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Are the walls going to remain blank concrete?  Any known plans to stain? Paint? Etc?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

im2kull wrote: Are the walls going to remain blank concrete?  Any known plans to stain? Paint? Etc?
They will be stuccoed in neutral colors.  Some have already been done and some are still awaiting the top coat.

Also in the picture, you can see that they have Oak (I think) street cleared out.  I believe the plan is to turn that back into a real street.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Oak is already in....you might be seeing one of the alleys.  Oak is stripped and landscaping to go in this Spring.