Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Chiefs

Post by kcdcchef »

Beermo wrote: let's discuss who the new coach will be?
herm edwards
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Where's the list of 35 super bowl winners who were both drafted and developed by one team?

And why don't you go ahead and knock E Manning off your list. Since he wasn't drafted by the Giants. What happens when Stafford gets drafted here and then demands a trade? Or, is that not a risk in drafting a QB?

The only point we've been making is that there are alternatives to drafting a quarterback. You have yet to make a good counter argument - 
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

WSPanic wrote: Where's the list of 35 super bowl winners who were both drafted and developed by one team?

And why don't you go ahead and knock E Manning off your list. Since he wasn't drafted by the Giants. What happens when Stafford gets drafted here and then demands a trade? Or, is that not a risk in drafting a QB?

The only point we've been making is that there are alternatives to drafting a quarterback. You have yet to make a good counter argument - 
sure, there are alternatives, none of which the chiefs have done. the alternatives are you trade for someone someone else drafted and go with the guy, thick or thin. have the chiefs done that??

quit being silly, you say i have yet to make a counter argument because i dont agree with you and max.

and btw, the giants, for all intents, and purposes, drafted eli. they had that shit worked out going into draft day. san diego was not letting the greatest guy on the board get away, and they got rivers plus another stud out of the deal. (funny part here, you now bring up TWO teams that developed a qb in the same deal, san diego with rivers, from the giants, and giants with eli, from the chargers. hehe.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Beermo wrote: let's discuss who the new coach will be?
Probably depends entirely on who the GM will be.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

From Tuesday Morning Quarterback:

Discounting expansion Houston, there are six NFL teams that have not won a playoff game in a decade: Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit and Kansas City.

Pretty shocking about Dallas!

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

It really isn't all that shocking. Jerry Jones and his staff put together a team that looks like they have a chance every year. And every year they fail. They do the exact same thing CP did, which was putting a good product on the field but not a great one. They sign a bunch of show ponies to bring in more money and they do more talking than playing.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

cowher a no in new york.

i think the guy genuinely does not wanna coach again.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

kcdcchef wrote: cowher a no in new york.

i think the guy genuinely does not wanna coach again.
Kevin Harlan was on the radio today saying that Cowher wants to see his daughters graduate, so he'll probably be more receptive to a job next year.

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

I don't think he wants to coach. I think he wants to be a VP or GM.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

In the past 15 years, the Arizona Cardinals have more playoff wins than the Chiefs.

The Arizona Cardinals.
KC is the way to be!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

AllThingsKC wrote: In the past 15 years, the Arizona Cardinals have more playoff wins than the Chiefs.

The Arizona Cardinals.
yes, but in 61 years we have won more than them. they have won ONE in 61 years.

and we still got that lombardi trophy thing too.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Pats VP Scott Pioli interviews with the Chiefs this week. Supposedly he is "excited" about the opportunity. Chiefs are also supposedly interested in Bucs personnel director Mark Dominik, who once worked for the Chiefs and is a KU grad.

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Anybody think these guys would fire Herm to get their guy in there?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Adam Schefter says that most of football thinks Herm will be gone soon.

He is also reporting that the Chiefs are interested in Jimmy Raye as GM. Not Jimmy Raye who use to be offensive coordinator during the Marty years, its his son, who has been running the drafts in San Diego.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

i think pioli is a good candidate, but he may want all power. it depends on how well clark can sell him on being just the gm.

basically, bellicheck is the gm, vp, hc, top dog, of everything, in new england. i dont care what his title is, bill is the man in new england and runs that team, top down. so you have to figure out, how badly does pioli wanna get outta that shadow? then, what is he looking for. cleveland versus kansas city, they fire gm's a lot more often in cleveland. he may get absolute power in cleveland, but he will not get it for long. in kc, he may not get absolute power, but he is the man in charge of football as long as he wants to be.

being in charge of the business side puzzles me. let some other dork run the business and care about parking money and concessions, fuck it.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: being in charge of the business side puzzles me. let some other dork run the business and care about parking money and concessions, fuck it.
I have never gotten that either - must be pure ego/power trip.  I can't see that if you have been a football guy all your career, made your reputation making good football decisions, how does it improve your reputation or life experience to make decisions about concessions, employee benefits, parking costs, etc.  Its not like they are going to write on your Hall of Fame plaque - "KCDChef - built four league championship teams, one super bowl chamionship team, career winning percentage of . . . and oversaw a 16% increase in hot dog revenue and a 14% reduction in employee benefit costs".  Seems like it would just be an anchor to distract you from doing what you are good at.  And nobody is ever going to remember you for having run the business sucessfully. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I have never gotten that either - must be pure ego/power trip.  I can't see that if you have been a football guy all your career, made your reputation making good football decisions, how does it improve your reputation or life experience to make decisions about concessions, employee benefits, parking costs, etc.  Its not like they are going to write on your Hall of Fame plaque - "KCDChef - built four league championship teams, one super bowl chamionship team, career winning percentage of . . . and oversaw a 16% increase in hot dog revenue and a 14% reduction in employee benefit costs".  Seems like it would just be an anchor to distract you from doing what you are good at.  And nobody is ever going to remember you for having run the business sucessfully. 
i guess i can see the hardon some get. but realistically, if you are running the biz in new england, overseeing a palace of a stadium getting built, the cbs experience, the area around it getting built up, is all robert krafts doing. same in dallas.

you may be the business guy, but who cares. all people fucking care about is who is making the team win games. who is drafting good.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

610 is reporting the Chiefs have made an offer to Patriots VP Scott Pioli. They're still negotiating money, and whether or not Pioli would have complete control of the coaching staff.

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

KCMax wrote: 610 is reporting the Chiefs have made an offer to Patriots VP Scott Pioli. They're still negotiating money, and whether or not Pioli would have complete control of the coaching staff.
They just said the offer is 6 years 40 million. Pioli wants Herm gone, Clark wants Herm to stay. So obviously more negotiating needs to be done.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Any leads on who Pioli might want to hire? I wouldn't necessarily mind another year of Herm, but if Pioli can pull a Cinderella story with a new coaching staff, then let him.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin