OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by dev49 »

trexel94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:20 pm This presentation was used at the Bergen conference when the air service team was pitching to BA.
http://mediaassets.kshb.com/NWT/Sam/MCI ... 1660926597

Also within the presentation are full gate assignments. Jetblue and Air Canada haven't been assigned gates yet apparently. Top European markets to/from KC are featured as well.
Not a fan of the 4 shades of blue/purple for gates.

Surprised southwest doesn’t have more city gates by them for expansion. But I guess 2 is probably plenty for awhile.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I checked out that PP presentation and wow, people from all over KC and the surrounding area use KCI. It's not 90% Johnson County! I have been being told lies all these years!

On a serious note, this would be awesome for KC to land BA.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

GRID wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:20 pm I checked out that PP presentation and wow, people from all over KC and the surrounding area use KCI. It's not 90% Johnson County! I have been being told lies all these years!

Just like how not every Royals fan is from JoCo. Or that every season ticket holder for Chiefs or Royals is from JoCo. It's BS narratives.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:36 pm
GRID wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:20 pm I checked out that PP presentation and wow, people from all over KC and the surrounding area use KCI. It's not 90% Johnson County! I have been being told lies all these years!

Just like how not every Royals fan is from JoCo. Or that every season ticket holder for Chiefs or Royals is from JoCo. It's BS narratives.
Don't forget all of KC's pro players live in JoCo along with you know anybody that has a white collar job and an education.

I still freaking hate JoCo lol. There is literally no place more full of themselves than that place. The suburbs around DC make JoCo look like Sedalia and I swear the people don't have anywhere near the arrogance. I mean you live in Overland Park or Olathe KANSAS for crying gout loud. Can you get more boring and generic than places like that? People that think Overland Park is special SIMPLY DO NOT GET OUT MUCH. Okay, that's my anti JoCo rant.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

It's not really useful to compare DC to KC. It probably has the best suburbs in the country. Plus you have the feds and what comes with it.

The problem is that Missouri let Kansas built itself up instead of saying we're the city, you're the suburb.

But what's done is done.
Last edited by WoodDraw on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

GRID wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:45 pm

Don't forget all of KC's pro players live in JoCo along with you know anybody that has a white collar job and an education.

I still freaking hate JoCo lol. There is literally no place more full of themselves than that place. The suburbs around DC make JoCo look like Sedalia and I swear the people don't have anywhere near the arrogance. I mean you live in Overland Park or Olathe KANSAS for crying gout loud. Can you get more boring and generic than places like that? People that think Overland Park is special SIMPLY DO NOT GET OUT MUCH. Okay, that's my anti JoCo rant.
Which is why I keep pounding the table to let that stupid Cerner complex at Bannister go to hell. The *entire* reasoning that they still want to keep that complex is so that people can get to south JoCo from there easily. Someone a month ago on Rag literally said "but we need that complex so we can feed the real talent pool, which is south JoCo". Who gives a fucking shit about that? So your solution is to just to keep feeding it and never bring "the talent pool" back to Jackson County or downtown? What a stupid idea and mindset.

How can you want downtown KC to grow & have the talent pool again and then capitulate to south JoCo. That's not gonna move talent to the urban core. That's gonna KEEP it in South JoCo, moron. End of rant.
Last edited by AlkaliAxel on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:57 pm
trexel94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:20 pm This presentation was used at the Bergen conference when the air service team was pitching to BA.

Also within the presentation are full gate assignments. Jetblue and Air Canada haven't been assigned gates yet apparently. Top European markets to/from KC are featured as well.
Not a fan of the 4 shades of blue/purple for gates.

Surprised southwest doesn’t have more city gates by them for expansion. But I guess 2 is probably plenty for awhile.
Think the airlines near SW are easy to move and or not signatory
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Do you know anything about the founders of Cerner? They live (or lived) in loch Loyd. They had no interest in moving the company downtown. They would have moved it to Kansas before downtown.

One of them famously said so.

They are not downtown boosters. You really need to educate yourself on Kansas city politics if you want to be involved.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

WoodDraw wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:56 pm Do you know anything about the founders of Cerner? They live (or lived) in loch Loyd. They had no interest in moving the company downtown. They would have moved it to Kansas before downtown.

One of them famously said so.

They are not downtown boosters. You really need to educate yourself on Kansas city politics if you want to be involved.
Here's an education for you: it's not Cerner anymore, it's Oracle. Hence the reason we are debating what to do with that campus.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:52 pm

Which is why I keep pounding the table to let that stupid Cerner complex at Bannister go to hell. The *entire* reasoning that they still want to keep that complex is so that people can get to south JoCo from there easily. Someone a month ago on Rag literally said "but we need that complex so we can feed the real talent pool, which is south JoCo". Who gives a fucking shit about that? So your solution is to just to keep feeding it and never bring "the talent pool" back to Jackson County or downtown? What a stupid idea and mindset.

How can you want downtown KC to grow & have the talent pool again and then capitulate to south JoCo. That's not gonna move talent to the urban core. That's gonna KEEP it in South JoCo, moron. End of rant.
Had it been designed differently, it really could have helped South Kansas City though. Obviously it was designed to be a gated and secure office park that people in JoCo and other suburbs drive to and that's it. It also looks like total shit. I mean, if they were going to do that, why not at least put the buildings up against the intestate so they are visible rather than having them behind what looks like a landfill between the towers and the intestate.

Good god that project was a fail...

I still think you could build the area up, but since Cerner actually owns all that land now, it looks like you will only little random projects on the outskirts of the area. Maybe Oracle with have a heart and rethink that entire area.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Man, you're wishcasting. But it's not for this thread. I was just trying to tell you the history of why Cerner is where they are.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

WoodDraw wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:07 pm Man, you're wishcasting. But it's not for this thread. I was just trying to tell you the history of why Cerner is where they are.
If you're asking whether I'm aware of the history that Cerner sinks every penny into the suburbs (including soccer) and doesn't care about KC, while simultaneously talking like they do care about downtown- yes I am aware.

I have no clue what Oracle will do with the complex. I hope they let it rot away.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Let's focus on the terminal :)
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Have you interacted with people from Chevy Chase?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Cratedigger wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:19 pm

Have you interacted with people from Chevy Chase?
Lol. It's not the same. Not even close. You can find snobby people anywhere, but there is not this massive cultural "I live in X county so, I'm better than you and my county is the best ever and the entire metro basically revolves around my county. You would not have the Nats or the Zoo if it ere not for NoVa. Bethesda is where all the people with money live. Yeah. Nothing like that here at all.

You can literally go to nearly any social media thread or youtube video etc about KC and there will be somebody from JoCo saying something stupid about how much better JoCo is than KCMO etc because so many people there that actually think that.

Anyway, sorry I brought up this topic. The terminal is coming along!
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Fair enough. Disagree from my experience but respect your opinion
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Cratedigger wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:14 am Fair enough. Disagree from my experience but respect your opinion
I do think it's a lot better now than it was. It's still very much a thing, but it was much worse before KCMO's urban core has become probably the most popular place to live in the metro at least for younger people.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^It doesn't help to feed the polarization and state line tension, too often here.
GRID wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:45 pm I still freaking hate JoCo
But yeah, back to topic.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Too bad the FOIA led to this being circulated all over the internet. The competition to land international service is fierce and now our peer airports also vying for service have seen our pitch. Is what it is but sucks for MCI officials
trexel94
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by trexel94 »

hartliss wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:24 am

Too bad the FOIA led to this being circulated all over the internet. The competition to land international service is fierce and now our peer airports also vying for service have seen our pitch. Is what it is but sucks for MCI officials
Yeah and? Nothing within the presentation is confidential or even isn't already widely known. The only competitive factor in this is the incentive which was widely circulated by the media as has IND and Ohio's incentives program. How can anyone one-up our catchment area or geography?