Another -HUGE BLACK EYE- For Already Burdoned Bartle HALL!!!

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

[/quote]

I bet they would reconsider in a HURRY, if they started moving major events to the overland park facility... quote]

There's no subsidy on OP facility is there...? #-o
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

yes, if you are in a plane over the CBD, have to be over 1500' in the air....planes don't land from that direction that I've ever seen...that's why we have to "real" height restrictions on our buildings.
oh, not 1500ft above sea level, i gotcha ;)
The height limit on everything in our metro area (or an area almost as big) is 2049ft above sea level.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

kansasfarmboy wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:it certainly seems as if this was done the wrong way. They should make sure these types of things are sent out to the affected people.

Now the other point of this costing Bartle conventions is outlandish. Special taxing districts are commonplace throughout the city and country, this is nothing out of line. 1% sales tax on purchases inside the hall is not a huge deal. The whole problem is how it was put in place.

I truly wish i could find a written comment to show you because it was in verbal interview form on fox 4 news. But the ASA custom car show , said they will NOT be coming to bartle hall next year. But since i dont have proof it will just be an opinion for now , UNTIL I find it.

At this car show they sell stereo equipment and supplies to , enhance the performance of your car most of the cars were of the small honda type , dodge neons, and those thumping stereos.

in either event they pledged NOT to come back after the MESS in january they encountered here.

Every time I look at those ignorant cables on bartle hall... it makes me laught,,, some day a news chopper is going to HIT those and plummet to the highway below. You know its goingto happen its just a matter of time.

I flew into municipal (charles B. Wheeler ) memorial airport on a cessna 1 1/2 years ago and when we made our final approach you could literally see right down on top of these where the pidgeons were roosting and a little railing where maintenance men walk around the dude I was with whom was flying the plane said he has almost hit thost spires twice at night and they are listed as hazzards on approach on the aviation map.

I did see they had lighting at night but it still to me, looks ridiculous....
The car stereo show talked about above took place in November, not January. The only major public show in Bartle in January is the Sport Show because of the Walmart convention. A theft did take place in front of the hotel, not on Bartle property, the night before the car stereo people were to move into Bartle. This show has been plagued by thefts in the past (not that many) but almost all (if not all) can be attributed to inside-the-show jobs - one exhibitor stealing from another, or a national or regional theft ring that knows about the contents of the trailers, etc. This national car stereo show will be back because of they like it here (one of the few buildings that likes this show because of the sound it generates during the competition). If they do not come back it is because they have a better financial deal with another building not because of a few thefts.
Planes taking off and landing at Wheeler airport if they do not use the north fly over Kemper Arena, not Bartle Hall. Because of the taller buildings to the north and east of Bartle airplanes should not be flying that close to Bartle.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

The USACi (United States Autosound Competition International) will not be coming back to Bartle Hall, but not because it isn't a good place. You see the major competitive bodies in Car Audio decided to have a single unified world championship event. USACi was always a midwest/south based group, while IASCA (International Autosound Challenge Association), is mainly east and west coasts. Anyway, IASCA is the one with the biggest corporate sponsorships, so it is likely they will choose the location of this years finals and it will probably be on the east coast.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

DeadManWalking wrote:The USACi (United States Autosound Competition International) will not be coming back to Bartle Hall, but not because it isn't a good place. You see the major competitive bodies in Car Audio decided to have a single unified world championship event. USACi was always a midwest/south based group, while IASCA (International Autosound Challenge Association), is mainly east and west coasts. Anyway, IASCA is the one with the biggest corporate sponsorships, so it is likely they will choose the location of this years finals and it will probably be on the east coast.
If what you say is true, and I am not questioning it, that is Kansas City's loss. This is a good show at a good time of the year. And what you point out about a show moving from KC happens to be the usual occurrence when an event does not come back to KC. Not that the show is unhappy with the facilities but outside or new influences or decision makers take the event to another location.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.