2008 KC Brigade

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: 2007 KC Brigade

Post by KansasCityCraka »

There were always firday, saturday, sunday and monday games...but now more monday and friday games are being played because that is when ESPN had more free time.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i read this today and thought i'd share. not sure if it's brand new info or not (i don't follow the sport at all). so does this mean that KC games will be televised?
ARENA FOOTBALL TO LIVE ON -- THANKS TO ESPN
ESPN has given the Arena Football League a new lease on life following NBC's decision last July to drop AFL telecasts because of low ratings. In its final season on NBC, AFL games drew an average 0.9 rating, with the Arena Bowl championship game in June registering only an 0.7. NBC had aired Arena Football during the eight years that it did not air NFL games, but it returned to big-time football this season with Sunday Night Football. ESPN, which like NBC has taken a small stake in the league, plans to broadcast AFL games on Monday nights, at the same time it currently carries Monday Night Football, which has drawn some of the biggest cable ratings of the season. Two games will also be carried by ABC, the season-opener and the Arena Bowl game.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Yea, March 4 vs. Chicago. See earlier in this thread.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

Very cool that our season opener is on national television against the defending ArenaBowl champs.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Chiefs are out of the playoffs. Next disappointment: our Brigade

Has anybody from this forum purchased season tickets, or thinking about purchasing season tickets? I wonder how the sales are going so far. I will try to make it to a couple games this season, but it's just not Chiefs football.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Well if you have been folowing the AFL and the Brigade you would know that it is a completely diffrent enviroment this year with all of the rule changes and the Brigades amazing accusitions.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Well if you have been folowing the AFL and the Brigade you would know that it is a completely diffrent environment this year with all of the rule changes and the Brigades amazing accusitions.
Hope so, they are going to need to provide some entertainment if they want to bring back the crowds they had last year.  I'm assuming the season ticket base is way down this year, but I don't know.  I look forward to hitting a game or two.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I am planning on going to the Home Opener.  But, I haven't bought any tickets yet, though...

In any event, I expect the Brigade to be a little better than last year.  Even with their losing record last year, they were still a fun team to watch.
KC is the way to be!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

when do they start this year?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

im2kull wrote: when do they start this year?
Their first game is a home game on Sunday, March 4, 2007 at noon against Chicago.
KC is the way to be!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

AllThingsKC wrote: Their first game is a home game on Sunday, March 4, 2007 at noon against Chicago.
thanks..btw...whats up with your sig..ive always wondered...
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Former NFL tight end joins Brigade as training camp approaches
The team announced today that former NFL tight end Eddie “Boo” Williams (6-4, 265 lbs., Arkansas) will be on the 2007 roster. Williams has the speed to get downfield, but can also stay in and block, part of the versatility that helped him in four extremely successful seasons with the New Orleans Saints.
http://www.kcbrigade.com/viewstory.cfm?id=118

Shutdown corner moves up from af2 to join Brigade
When a team is seeking to make improvements over the previous season, it can never have too much of a good thing. That certainly holds true for the Brigade, as the team today announced the singing of defensive back Isaiah Trufant (5-7, 160 lbs., Eastern Washington). The rookie is the fifth new member of a revamped secondary since the off-season began last summer.
http://www.kcbrigade.com/viewstory.cfm?id=119
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

Well, I'm ready for year two of the Brigade.

I enjoyed going last year. Hopefully they can compete in a tough division this year.

Colorado & Chicago are the cream of the crop.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

The Brigade is offering free tickets to the opener  :shock:.

Not sure what that means, for one, it's obviously not sold out.  Was this a one year wonder?  I hope they just want to make sure the arena looks full.  This is the first nationally televised game of the season.

Kansas City Brigade vs Chicago Rush - Sunday, March 4, 11:30 AM

As a thank you to our loyal fans we extend an offer for complimentary tickets to this Sunday's home opener against the Chicago Rush.  Bring your friends, family, and nieghbors to welcome the Brigade back to Kemper Arena for this nationally televised event.

Each fan is allowed 8 complimentary tickets -- don't delay.  Tickets are limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. This is the only chance available to get complimentary tickets to this season's games.

How to Redeem:
Use the password 'OPENER' where you see 'Promotions & Special Offers'

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/06003D86305CE888

Thought I would pass it along.  With ticketmaster charges, the tickets are $3 each.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

they are giving away only 400 tickets and they are the very upper deck so nothing special....
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

They also unveiled new uniforms on media day. They aren't much different, but enough to look much better than last year.  :)

Check it out:  http://www.kcbrigade.com/viewstory.cfm?id=129
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KansasCityCraka wrote: they are giving away only 400 tickets and they are the very upper deck so nothing special....
You mean the normal second deck level...where 60% of the crowd will be?  I myself have four tickets, almost got 8, but they're just as good as the seats that surround them and sell for $54 bucks a pop.
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Ahhhh it feels nice to win the first game of the season...first nationaly televised Brigade game and to beat the AFL Champs....Ahhh I love the smell of sweaty men in the afternoon.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Yeah, that was a good game today.  Some strange calls at the end of the first half but other then that, things looked great.  Attendance could have been better...I'd say there were 13,000 our of 16,000.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

still, i thought the turnout looked good... let's hope they continue to draw well, afterall, the AFL just had their first year in KC