Foodies, step up and rep on Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Foodies, step up and rep on Anthony Bourdain: No Reserva

Post by kuslamb »

I read that Tony wanted the episode to be over the top BBQ. I am not really sure why he wanted this, but that is what I read:

http://blog.travelchannel.com/anthony-b ... pocalypse/

Specifically, this quote from the blog:

"There is a lot more to see—and to eat— in Kansas City than barbecue. But that’s not what we were there for. We had other business: To go where many had gone before. Only do it better. And weirder.

I think, I hope, we succeeded."

It was a bit weird, specifically with Zamir and the hair museum. I like the West Bottoms, but I agree with the other statements that it was either shown too much and makes KC look like abandoned Chernobyl (from the previous Zamir episode I believe) or they should have at least referenced where they were and what made it important to KC.

The mob stuff was cool, but the talk of pubis shaving was strange, or maybe it was just the mob historian guy and his delivery.

Stroud's has been done half to death (relative to KC BBQ in general) and I think should have been left out, especially if Tony wanted an over-the-top BBQ show.

I liked the tailgating, you could tell he was out of his element. The group of mostly 30 year olds that he was eating with are all good friends of mine which made it fun. I was texted many times during that tailgate that they were with Bourdain and partying with him and was worried how they would behave on camera. They are grade A degenerates.
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

I'll have to see the episode, but as far as trivia goes, one of the Architects (KC hard rock act) palled around with Bourdain and showed him to Hayes Hamburgers in Gladstone.
Unsurprised that the camera crew fell in love with the Bottoms, its truly unique and mesmerizes visitors and also local daytrippers.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

They had bonjwing lee on the 96.5 this morning talking about the show. Guess he gave a shout out to Genessee Royale as a place they did not spotlight on the show.