Big 12 Basketball 2008

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Big 12 Basketball 2008

Post by bobbyhawks »

Highlander wrote: I suspect if he is a center with one-and-done potential, he is going to wait to see if Aldrich stays or goes pro.  Why would he want to commit to KU if Aldrich is there?  I could be wrong but I don't think it would be likely for KU to have Orton AND Aldrich next year.   
The problem is that Kentucky looks like they will be starting Cousins and Patterson as of now at the 4-5 spots, unless they start three 6'9''+ forward/center types.  As much as Cal likes to dribble drive and shoot the three, I don't see that happening.  Orton has an outside shot at starting next to Cole if he comes to KU, though he will be competing with Marcus Morris, Thomas Robinson, and Jeff Withey.  So his choices almost boil down to better potential to start or better probability of overall playing time.  Kentucky is probably still a better fit, and he has said that he is pretty much sold on them and only wants to give time to consider the alternative.  I wouldn't hold my breath on this guy anymore than I would expect John Wall to come to KU.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Aldrich, Collins likely to return

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/ ... basketball

Collins’ uncle, Walt Harris, and Aldrich’s dad, Walter Aldrich, strongly hinted that the two Jayhawks will reveal that they’ll be returning to KU instead of entering the 2009 NBA Draft.

“(The year) 2008 could be 2010. That’s all you are going to get out of me,” Collins’ uncle said Sunday night.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

kcmetro wrote: 2010 Bracketology  :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
I like how they ship Mizzou, a #4 seed, out west again.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

kcmetro wrote: 2010 Bracketology  :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
Oooo...These are like those amazing NCAA FB preseason rankings! How cool!
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

im2kull wrote: Oooo...These are like those amazing NCAA FB preseason rankings! How cool!
Except this, fortunately means nothing, while FB preseason rankings tend to affect in-season rankings, which determines who goes to the BCS title game.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCMax wrote: Except this, fortunately means nothing, while FB preseason rankings tend to affect in-season rankings, which determines who goes to the BCS title game.
I meant to have a giant in there, guess I forgot it.  I'll side with you though, its pretty much pointless..
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

Quin Snyder, the head coach of the Austin Toros, was chosen the winner of the Dennis Johnson Coach of the Year award as voted by his fellow NBA Development League head coaches.

In his second season as head coach, Snyder led the Toros to back-to-back 30-win seasons

Nice to see ol' Quin doing well.  I was wondering where he ended up.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Collins and Aldrich will return for another season

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/apr/ ... next-seas/

Kansas basketball players Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich announced their intentions to return to the Jayhawks next season during the 2009 Awards Banquet on Monday at the Holiday Inn Holidome in Lawrence.

"I can't wait till next year when we try to go for one more," Aldrich said at the banquet.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/20/famo ... h-florida/

Losing a Player to South Florida? After the Big XII "Championship" and return to prominence...how can you explain this?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

NDTeve wrote: http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/20/famo ... h-florida/

Losing a Player to South Florida? After the Big XII "Championship" and return to prominence...how can you explain this?
Self's class at Kansas after winning the NC was not exactly his best either.  Just happens.  Famous wanted to stay on the east coast and playing for a Big East school gives him the opportunity to play in front of family.  Anderson has his work cut out for him on the recruiting trail and it's not because he is at Mizzou, his style of play limits the minutes a player will see on the court and that's contrary to what a lot of kids out of HS expect.   
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Xavier Henry just announced he'll be coming to KU!!!  =D> =D> =D> =D>
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

'09/'10 KU roster.  This team will be LOADED.

Starting 5
Sherron Collins
Tyshawn Taylor
Xavier Henry
Marcus Morris
Cole Aldrich

2nd 5
Elijah Johnson
Tyrel Reed
Brady Morningstar
Thomas Robinson
Jeff Withey

3rd 5
Chase Buford
Connor Teahan
Travis Releford
Mario Little
Markieff Morris

Not sure if CJ Henry will be eligible to play or not since he's transferring from Memphis.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

*crickets*
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

jlbomega wrote: *crickets*
I noticed the same thing.  Although it's exactly what I expected.  :lol:
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Don't worry - the national media noticed plenty even if JLB is under impressed:

Oh, Henry! Kansas is officially loadedAndy Katz

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/ind ... =katz_andy
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I am too scared of ku's best lineup evar assembled  lineup to comment.

Bad economy so let's just save teams a lot of expense and give ku the trophy.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

jlbomega wrote: *crickets*
Its about that time for Mizzou to go back to being a football school again.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

kcmetro wrote: Not sure if CJ Henry will be eligible to play or not since he's transferring from Memphis.
Heard from a guy who heard from a compliance guy... so take it with a grain of salt, but the word is that CJ won't have much trouble getting a wave on his sit-out year as he has not actually played any games yet.  He essentially already sat out for a year, so it is possible that they will look favorably on this.  Honestly, we will probably have a sophomore/junior or two sit out as they risk becoming the Teahen of next year, so one way or another, we will probably be minus some people who would figure in at 9-12 on the depth charts.

It would be in Bill's best interests to get a guy like Reed or Releford to red-shirt, if possible, as insurance for what could be a depleted lineup in the years following next.  Worst (and also possibly best) case scenario would have Little, Collins, Henry, and Aldrich gone, along with a stretch of one, and bigger stretch of two additional early departures (if Withey blows up, etc.).  It is not likely that any of the other incoming freshman would be best served by leaving early (though some of EJ's footage is just sick), so we would be looking at a starting 5 of Taylor, Elijah Johnson/Morningreed, Wooldridge/Releford/EJ, Robinson/Morris, Withey/Morris with a solid bench and new recruits B, C, and D on the bench for 2011.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

kcmetro wrote: '09/'10 KU roster.  This team will be LOADED.

With booze or drugs?

Or both?
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.