Pendleton Heights rocks!

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
Gorlock
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Pendleton Heights rocks!

Post by Gorlock »

Scarritt is planning a homes tour this summer.  Can't remember the exact dates.

The Scarritt Renaissance neighborhood now holds its homes tour every other year.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

I was browsing a real estate site today and found this:

http://www.prudentialcarterduffey.com/P ... &mlsid=310

Something like that would be right up my alley.  I hated the bathroom but everything else I thought was pretty hip.  I was thinking to myself that I'll bet there are some building similar to this being converted to condos in the old northeast side.  Preferably very very close to downtown.  I work in the northland so quick access to the interstate would be a high priority.  Anyone seen anything like this unit in that neck of the woods?
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

Thrillcekr wrote: I was browsing a real estate site today and found this:

http://www.prudentialcarterduffey.com/P ... &mlsid=310
..for some reason that link didnt work.

Realtor.com Link
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

thrillcekr...Even better, the Hotel Monroe developers are doing condos in Columbus Park that you'll probably like.  Corner of Missouri and Harrison...construction to be completed in late 06...I think.  They are planned to be an affordable answer to the sky-high condos of downtown. 
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

KCRealtor wrote: thrillcekr...Even better, the Hotel Monroe developers are doing condos in Columbus Park that you'll probably like.  Corner of Missouri and Harrison...construction to be completed in late 06...I think.  They are planned to be an affordable answer to the sky-high condos of downtown. 
Thanks for the info.  A place in Columbus Park would kick ass.  We'll see about the affordable part though.
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

A local resident of Pendleton Heights just purchased a foreclosed home on Olive that needs restored at 502 (i think)  He is considering redo, but would sell it to someone if they want to get in at an affordable price.  It is a Victorian bungalow on a double lot.  Probably one of two remaining needy homes, but by far the most affordable.  It could be very nice!
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

Another victorian bungalow for sale in PH!  Yuri Ives, Historic KC Properties, is listing a little vic bungalow in the 500 block of Park Ave and is listed for under 110,000.  We need a new neighbor so spread the news...would be a very good alternative to a condo.  I am sure that there is some ugly carpet and stuff to be torn out, but it has curb appeal and potential.  I'm not selling the home, but would sure like another good addition to the neighborhood.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

if i had a choice of living in a condo or in a Victorian bungalow in Pendelton Heights ? I would choose the condo , its safer and a more friendlier environment.  PH isn't an appealing neighborhood to live in.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

Paintfumes wrote: if i had a choice of living in a condo or in a Victorian bungalow in Pendelton Heights ? I would choose the condo , its safer and a more friendlier environment.  PH isn't an appealing neighborhood to live in.
O.K. Flame-bait - I'll bite.
Maybe you can elaborate with some specifics, eh?

Sportster
..."more frendlier"?  - mmmmm, don't think so - but you knew that, right?
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

Er ? Maybe you can show me a nicer way of writing it Speedster. I 'll be glad to take some advice.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

Paintfumes wrote: Er ? Maybe you can show me a nicer way of writing it Speedster. I 'll be glad to take some advice.
That works for me, because I would rather chew glass than have you as a neighbor.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCRealtor wrote: Another victorian bungalow for sale in PH!  Yuri Ives, Historic KC Properties, is listing a little vic bungalow in the 500 block of Park Ave and is listed for under 110,000.  We need a new neighbor so spread the news...would be a very good alternative to a condo.  I am sure that there is some ugly carpet and stuff to be torn out, but it has curb appeal and potential.  I'm not selling the home, but would sure like another good addition to the neighborhood.
I'm very interested, do you have an MLS link?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

Paintfumes wrote: if i had a choice of living in a condo or in a Victorian bungalow in Pendelton Heights ? I would choose the condo , its safer and a more friendlier environment.  PH isn't an appealing neighborhood to live in.
Grammar & mechanics aside,
Just curious as to what turns you off about Pendleton Heights, that's all. What "isn't appealing" about it. Why is a condo "safer, friendlier environment"?
Please, elaborate.

Sportster
...speedster? heh. nice one.  8)
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

Paintfumes, maybe you could back up the safer statement, I don't think so, but maybe, but there is no way it is "more friendlier."
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

mean...

Go to www.remax-kc.com and look up 510 Park Avenue in the properties search. Let me know if you have any other ? and I can get the info to you. The listing agent is pretty easy to get along with too.  I tried to attach a pic...might not work.  Paintfumes...ignore this information.
Attachments
1299885.jpg
1299885.jpg (52 Bytes) Viewed 2122 times
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

KCAppraiser wrote: Paintfumes, maybe you could back up the safer statement, I don't think so, but maybe, but there is no way it is "more friendlier."
Peddleton Heights is a rag tag neighborhood. Most of the houses are really tiny and the ones that you thinks are great were muddle on the inside  out.

If you want to move in a neighborhood that you get more dollars for the house then move to Old Hyde Park Historic District.

If you're rich buy a condo like KCP.

We went to a neighborhood tour in PH about 6 years ago and Oh........my ............God. We couldn't understand why they wont renovating it . They were tearing out walls .....muddle.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Paintfumes wrote: Peddleton Heights is a rag tag neighborhood. Most of the houses are really tiny and the ones that you thinks are great were muddle on the inside  out.

If you want to move in a neighborhood that you get more dollars for the house then move to Old Hyde Park Historic District.

We went to a neighborhood tour in PH about 6 years ago and Oh........my ............God. We couldn't understand why they wont renovating it . They were tearing out walls .....muddle.
Were you fed bongwater for breakfast as a child?

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

Does anybody here speak paintfumese?  I think I need an interpreter, did that make sense to anyone?
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

[glow=red,2,300]Peddleton Heights is a rag tag neighborhood. Most of the houses are really tiny and the ones that you thinks are great were muddle on the inside  out.

We went to a neighborhood tour in PH about 6 years ago and Oh........my ............God. We couldn't understand why they wont renovating it . They were tearing out walls .....muddle.[/glow]

One time I stripped a hardwood floor and sniffed so much of the remover I'm sure I sounded just like that.
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

KCAppraiser wrote: Does anybody here speak paintfumese?  I think I need an interpreter, did that make sense to anyone?
Nope.

But then again - I live in Historic Northeast.

Sportster
...in a rag tag house - poorly accessorized i might add! :shock: :shock: 8)