Wonderful Waldo

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Wonderful Waldo

Post by Jess »

Anybody have any insight on what was going down at 85th and Wornall 9:30-10-ish tonight?  The entire shopping complex where the Price Chopper is was cordoned off with police tape, and at least a dozen, probably more, KCMO squad cars were camped around it blocking all entrances to the lots on that corner, and blocking the intersection at the Santa Fe Hills gate...I thought maybe a gas leak or something, but no fire/EMT trucks or personnel, just cops.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

Robbing a KFC.  Sounds lucrative....
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

Huh, so I was in the area right when this was unfolding, pretty much. 
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

So the old Western Chandelier building is now a tacky and poorly conceived tech gadget store selling security cameras and laptop repair or something.  It's terrible, looks like a fly by night craphole that will take your money and be boarded up a day later.  Seriously, the space is barely utilized - there is a lone flatscreen on the wall with some cameras mounted around it or something, there is a desk, and then lots of empty space.  On the exterior up on the roof above the front door is a plywood board standing straight up with a mini smoked dome camera.

All in all, it's terrible looking.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Yeah, it's hideous.
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

Agreed, atrocious.  I would rather it sit vacant.  We need something good to go in that space - a gym??  And something really cute to go into the It's Only Natural space. 
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

Standing room only at the fundraiser at Kennedty's for Reward $ to catch the Waldo rapist this afternoon.  AWESOME!!!!
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

May be it's not so wonderful after all.

The KC Star is reporting that a Waldo MAN's mother called to tell him to lock his doors and be aware of his surroundings.

What a special place Waldo must be. Not only do white women have to lock their doors for fear of being attacked by a big black rapist. But now black men who live in Waldo have to lock their doors for fear of being attacked by psycho white people who think just because they are black they must be the rapist (never mind that they fit none of the other numerous reported characteristics).

KCMO's crack police force is showing up at the guys workplace and calling up his ex-girlfriend to ask intimate sex details and this guy doesn't even come within a mile of matching the very detailed description given by every single victim.

This quote from the person heading up KCMOPD's investigation: "Unfortunately for this guy, he's a black male, and our suspect is a black male," Folsom said.

Hell. Why not send some detectives over to Emanuel Clever's house while they are at it. May be he is the Waldo Rapist. He could be putting on an extreme bad breath, exhaust fumes, and severe acne scars disguise when he goes out to rape white women.

What in the Fuck is wrong with people in MO?!

Concerning the incident with the vigilante kook. If you see a suspicious car in your neighborhood....FOR GOSH SAKES...don't run red lights from waldo to Quindaro chasing it down. Try getting the license plate number instead.

It is only a matter of time before an innocent person gets hurt in this madness.
Last edited by justin8216 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Man Justin, you're a real dumbass.  Especially to go and write an article when you were the idiot chasing the guy!

http://www.kctv5.com/news/22679661/detail.html
mayor_of_waldo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by mayor_of_waldo »

PumpkinStalker wrote: Man Justin, you're a real dumbass. 
Thank you PS
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

justin8216 wrote:
Hell. Why not send some detectives over to Emanuel Clever's house while they are at it. May be he is the Waldo Rapist. He could be putting on an extreme bad breath, exhaust fumes, and severe acne scars disguise when he goes out to rape white women.

What in the Fuck is wrong with people in MO?!

Concerning the incident with the vigilante kook. If you see a suspicious car in your neighborhood....FOR GOSH SAKES...don't run red lights from waldo to Quindaro chasing it down. Try getting the license plate number instead.

It is only a matter of time before an innocent person gets hurt in this madness.
Five innocent people have already been hurt. It's unfortunate that assholes like you don't consider them to be victims because they're white women who live in a trendy suburb.  
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

The media is out of control on this.  I know KCPD is doing their best here, but wth can't they catch this guy?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

jdubwaldo wrote: The media is out of control on this.
stop watching.
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

I received an email chain that started with a local blogger/real estate agent (it was actually signed) that basically said to call the cops if you see a black male outside after 8:00  :shock:  I live in the area, and am a bit spooked by all this, but really?  Call the cops on any black male outside?
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

droopy wrote: I received an email chain that started with a local blogger/real estate agent (it was actually signed)
please "out" this agent so we know not to use him/her for our real estate needs.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

droopy wrote: I received an email chain that started with a local blogger/real estate agent (it was actually signed) that basically said to call the cops if you see a black male outside after 8:00  :shock:  I live in the area, and am a bit spooked by all this, but really?  Call the cops on any black male outside?
congratulations! waldo has become a sundown town!
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

actually, please forward me this email.  chrizow (at) gmail (dot) com. 
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Haven't most of these attacks happened in the middle of the night?  Seems like all these efforts of neighbors thinking they are going to spot the guy out and about amongst the general population during the day or evening hours might be a bit misplaced unless they are going to be out looking well past bedtime. 
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

chrizow wrote: please "out" this agent so we know not to use him/her for our real estate needs.
I read it and deleted it pretty quick.  Didn't want that sitting in my email.  I honestly don't remember who wrote it, but it was long with lots of CAPITALIZATIONS!! and pretty crazy.  I'll ask my wife if she has it still.  Part of it was an account of how the rapist drives a beat up green tauras (I think that is what it said) and how the author chased him for a couple blocks until hitting a red light.  She also explained how the KCPD chased him after getting a report from someone, but broke off pursuit when he crossed the state line.  The whole thing left me scratching my head wondering if it was for real or a parady.