NHL OR NBA, let the message board decide!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.

Which would you rather have?

NHL
44%
NBA
56%

Total votes: 195

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: NHL OR NBA, let the message board decide!!

Post by KCMax »

I prefer the NBA, but I'd love to see the Stanley Cup come here. Carolina doesn't seem to support the Canes very well.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

Why do you prefer the NBA KCMax? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I just really want to hear your opinion on why you favor the NBA over the NHL.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

AF wrote: I watched the NBA finals the other night. This is suppose to be the highest level of competition for basketball and I found myself saying thinking how much more I enjoy the college game. If we get the NBA, I would be happy. But the NHL is much more interesting to watch. It is much more of a team game than a superstar league.
What???  I think the NBA finals this year are great, particularly game #3, in which the game was decided by just 2 points!!!!  Even though I would be overjoyed with an NHL team, I think hockey is boring (by being low scoring) and is hard to follow (as the puck is too small).  So, I think the NBA is much more exciting to watch. 
KC is the way to be!
JJack_44
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JJack_44 »

Hockey is great in person. but is the worst TV sport ever. Basketball is good on tv and in person.

HOLY CROSS FALCONS!!!

Yeah, thats right, I am 13
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by AF »

KCMax wrote: Hmm. This has been one of the most exciting NBA Finals in recent history. If you aren't excited by it, then you probably just don't like the NBA period.
I didnt say that it wasnt exciting, only that the college game in basketball and the NHL are more exciting and more interesting.
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

JJack_44 wrote: Hockey is great in person. but is the worst TV sport ever. Basketball is good on tv and in person.
thats because you probably have never played and think that the players just skate around and follow the puck and try and slap at it until it goes into the net. i love watching hockey on tv almost as much as in person because i actually know whats going on unlike the majority of the kansas citians
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

DowntownBryan wrote: thats because you probably have never played and think that the players just skate around and follow the puck and try and slap at it until it goes into the net. i love watching hockey on tv almost as much as in person because i actually know whats going on unlike the majority of the kansas citians
those who say that shit bryan know absoluely two things about the greatest sport there is.......

jack and shit.

oh, and btw, now that the nhl finally has labor peace and a workable deal that allows all markets to compete, like the nba and nfl, ( fuck you mlb ) lord stanley's cup is about to go back where it belongs.

canada.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

Anyone who watches Game 7 on Monday will be instantly persuaded to the NHL, I will guarantee that.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

NBA players get in more trouble with the law cause they can't commit assault on the floor like hockey players can.

I prefer bball and our regional interest in that sport vs. fighting on ice.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

KCPowercat wrote: I prefer bball and our regional interest in that sport vs. fighting on ice.
have you watched the nhl recently?  i'll go ahead and assume you haven't since you think it's just 'fighting on ice'.

for all the hoopla that's been made about the nba being "a new game" and totally different than before, what did the heat do in game 3 when they needed a bucket to take the lead at the end of the game?  that's right, a spread the floor iso play for wade.  so much for that...
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I don't think it's just fighting...just making a joke.  Much like I assume people posting that the NBA players are "thugs"....people aren't being serious, are they?

Great point about the NBA not changing....one isolation play....basketball will always have superstars that take the ball one on one...that's part of the excitment....team game as well as individual.  At least to me.

DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

Hockey is a physical sport and sometimes they need to settle things by droppin' the gloves. But there really is more to fighting than "I want to hit you in the face because I dont like you". But fighting itself has gone way down since the beginning of the New NHL, I have probably only witnessed about 4 fights during the games that have been on TV. Yes it can sometimes be bad rep for the sport, as it was back in the 70's when the majority of the games were ruined by "goons". Now however is a new age and the new rules allow for less fighting and more goal scoring which is for the better. I know each sport has its bad apples, like Chad Johnson for the NFL for his irrelevent dances and trash talking attitude, and like many baseball players for steroids, and like Todd Burtuzzi for his awful act a while back that many of us know about. And some NBA players are great human beings, yet some act like off-the-street thugs... like Allen Iverson... Image

But this whole arguement on "the NHL is better because their players are nicer" or "the NBA is better because they are basically celebrities" is totally pointless.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Game #7 of the Stanley Cup was pretty exciting.  As I watch the NHL and NBA finals, I am trying to see which one I think is most exciting.
KC is the way to be!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Both the NBA and NHL had really great post-seasons. Pretty cool to see Carolina get so excited about the Canes. I'd be thrilled to get either sport at this point.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCMax wrote: I'd be thrilled to get either sport at this point.
That's what I've been saying.  Even though I would pefer NBA (or least I think I would pefer NBA), I would be OVERJOYED just to get a third team in KC!!!
KC is the way to be!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Wow DTBryan...we're just of completely different opinions.....I think Chad is great for the NFL.  Not sure one can judge someone as a "thug" based on them wearing different clothes than you agree with....but that's just me.

I personally wouldn't go to (m)any hockey games but I would go to quite a few basketball games, so that's where I'm coming from.  I tried to get into hockey live...it just never clicked for me....but hey, if it can be supported, then I'm all for it for the metro.

skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

NBA..

MetroSports just announced that the NHL Finals drew worse fans (tv ratings) than the women's NCAA softball tourney... ouch..
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

I've been meaning to vote on this for a while. I just added to the NBA tally.

I was a big Kings fan back when they were here and would love to see the NBA come back. More importantly, I would be more likely to spend my money on the NBA than NHL. Just not a big hockey fan.
the only thing for sure is change.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

sprintcenter.com polling seems to be working now.........

67% NBA
33% NHL

Now let's see if that changes at all.

AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCPowercat wrote: sprintcenter.com polling seems to be working now.........

67% NBA
33% NHL
Even that seems a little lopsided...not that I'm complaining.
KC is the way to be!