OFFICIAL: The Legends at Village West

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

Man I could have bet my house D&B was going there...about time KC area gets one.

Where did you see the D&B part, I missed that. Good pull for KCK. Now that Cordish knows what is going out there, step it up a level and get the next level tenants.

They are in Vegas right now at the show...hopefully signing some good stuff.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

Biz Journal has an announcement up.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... st=b_ln_hl
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Legends tenants

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCPowercat wrote:Man I could have bet my house D&B was going there...about time KC area gets one.

Where did you see the D&B part, I missed that. Good pull for KCK. Now that Cordish knows what is going out there, step it up a level and get the next level tenants.

They are in Vegas right now at the show...hopefully signing some good stuff.
They were negotiating with Jillian's as well, but Jillian's backed out and negotiations began with D&B. Don't worry though, Jillian's is still interested in the KC market...but in a development led by Cordish instead of RED.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Legends tenants

Post by KCLofts »

QueSi2Opie wrote:They were negotiating with Jillian's as well, but Jillian's backed out and negotiations began with D&B. Don't worry though, Jillian's is still interested in the KC market...but in a development led by Cordish instead of RED.
Interesting, I just read that Jillian's is going bankrupt and that D&B has acquired several of their larger stores. D&B now own the rights to the Jillian's name.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

Lofts isn't shitting about just reading it.

http://www.b2i.us/frame.asp?BzID=866&Nav=1&S=0&L=1

It came out yesterday.

Sounds like they will still operate the Jillian's brand. Maybe the D&B guy will make TWO announcements tomorrow? Doubtful, sounds like Power & Light Live won't get a complex like this...isn't gameworks already out of business? These are the only 3 of these type of operators that I know.

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

KCPowercat wrote:Lofts isn't shitting about just reading it.

http://www.b2i.us/frame.asp?BzID=866&Nav=1&S=0&L=1

It came out yesterday.

Sounds like they will still operate the Jillian's brand. Maybe the D&B guy will make TWO announcements tomorrow? Doubtful, sounds like Power & Light Live won't get a complex like this...isn't gameworks already out of business? These are the only 3 of these type of operators that I know.
I wouldn't be suprised to have both in Downtown and Legends. I think Denver has 2 Jillians and a Dave & Buster's.

Isn't ESPN Zone somewhat in competition with these places? Large entertainment complex with bars and games.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Legends tenants

Post by GRID »

Wow, I'm impressed.

So now your taxes will pay for video games too ;).

Seriously, as an active parent always looking for thing to do with the family, this will be a great addition to the metro area. I wish it was a little closer to the population center of KC, but KCK is the only one pulling it off.

Now Downtown needs to offer similar attractions, but take it one step further, or shall I say several steps further by bringing in the big boys for not only families but the young single crowd and urban dwellers as well.

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

So far....
T. Rex Edutainment complex dubbed a “prehistoric family adventure.â€
Last edited by trailerkid on Wed May 26, 2004 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

I really no longer have any problems at all with Legends. The Mall of America comparison is clicking with me. Legends and VW will be like a mini-Mall of America type area-- family style destination retail and such in a very suburban setting. Whether the urban crowd likes it or not, Village West will be yet another drawing tool for KC. We live in a drive-thru, carcentric culture and Village West aims to bring these people in.

KC Live vs. Legends is becoming less and less valid as details emerge. The 20,000 sq. foot T. Rex complex wouldn't really look right downtown and Dave & Buster's are typically located in the 'burbs. Legends is like a comic book, crazy suburban wonderland and I don't think downtown will so over-the-top. A major tourist center in the 'burbs and downtown can coexist because they will be different experiences with different attractions.

Oh yeah...and that rendering from Klover looks like the outside of the Great Mall...save us all!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

This is great for the metro and KCK especially. Man we're getting a lot of new retail online.

Love the D&B announcement and the T-Rex thing would be good if I had kids but the new concept from the HRC guy?

LEGENDS DOESN'T NEED THREE BBQ JOINTS A-B and that crappy national chain are already there.....corkys or something? I predict it fails.

and Helzberg? Talk about out of place.

KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Legends tenants

Post by KCLofts »

Another BBQ joint is ridiculous. How about some variety?

Helzberg's is ok - they're a KC company supporting their town.
cdschofield
New York Life
New York Life

Legends tenants

Post by cdschofield »

I can see Dave & Busters at The Legends but I always imagined they would have gone somewhere near College Blvd. since they seem to focus on adults or office parties rather than families. I know my kids love Dave & Busters but they are pretty strict about when kids are allowed and expect you to keep a tight leash on them.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah I can't believe they never went to the JoCo area either.

eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Legends tenants

Post by eomaha.com »

I can tell most of you guys aren't parents... the Legends will be a huge success. Cabela's was already Kansas' largest 'tourist' attraction (sad... yes... goes hand in hand with the NASCAR dads redneck demographic I guess). I'm betting NFM takes that confused title away if they haven't already.

When I heard jewelry store... I naturally thought Omaha's Borsheims (the nations largest single jewelry store) was going to follow NFM down there (they're both Warren Buffett posessions you know)... but I think that would have been out of place. They would be much more suitable in the Plaza.

So will Village West look more like Zona Rosa? (sans residential no doubt) Or is it going to be the usual lifestyle center which RED seems to have begun to monopolize.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

V. West is nothing like Zona Rosa so far....not sure how this "legends" part is going to shape up...all that's really there right now are the 2 big stores, a few restaurant pads and a hotel.....

the legends part was supposed to be more of a Z.R. type thing but so far, I haven't see it out there.

Helzbergs just seems out of place but nothing wrong with getting more local flavor out there.....Helzberg is cheap enough they will see #3 RIP diamond encrusted pendants for the "rich" Nascar fan :)

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

Here's a link to the development map:

http://www.villagewest.us/developmentmap.jpg

eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Legends tenants

Post by eomaha.com »

Sorry... for some reason I thought the 'Legends' encompassed everything... and Village West was the 'lifestyle' component. I guess it's the reverse...huh.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

I think so.....they've changed the names so much who knows but it sounds like V. West is everything and Legends will be the Z.R. type development.

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

eomaha.com wrote: So will Village West look more like Zona Rosa? (sans residential no doubt) Or is it going to be the usual lifestyle center which RED seems to have begun to monopolize.
According to RED, Legends is their most adventurous and risky project. They have said they are spending more money on building materials and design than any other center they have ever built. But the architect is Klover of OP who has the dubious porfolio of SummitWoods, Boardwalk, Village Pointe(I think). I'm expecting a cross between the Great Mall and Zona Rosa.
scooterj
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by scooterj »

This article scared me at first when I saw both Hard Rock Cafe and House of Blue mentioned but was relieved to find that neither is actually planned for Legends. Which leaves open hope that such places may likely go to KC Live.