OFFICIAL: H&R Block HQ

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

TheDude wrote:all good points, but the one that is resounding is the KS hates MO and MO hates KS--that is a simple fact. during lunch w/ a very prominent development player a few days ago, he reinforced this point by saying there is an all out war right now in the econ dev arena between KS and MO. having attended several chamber/edc meetings on both sides of the state line it becomes very evident that this is the case.
First of all dont lump me and other KCK residents in with JOCO residents. It insults me. Im about the closest thing Kansas has to real residents of Kansas City. We dont hate Missouri. We are with you more than JOCO ever will be, but you have to help us too. We arent exactly striving here.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

That's what I am thinking. Is there any way possible that the city can build an office building the size of 2555 grand on spec? No way, it has to be H&R Block.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

H&R's announcement is today at 2:15 pm at the Hyatt Regency.

And Lyrical, the raping comment is completely out of bounds and uncalled for.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

tat, for real? Sweet.

OK, I see, business journal has it online....awesome news. I'll be right there around then, wonder if I can get in and see the announcement?
Last edited by KCPowercat on Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
LyRiCaL GanGsTa

Post by LyRiCaL GanGsTa »

tat, your politically-correct-ass comments toward me are out of bounds. The comment I made is about Kansas being backward and all the men rape thier sisters....it's a joke. Guess I need to spell it out for you.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

L.G......just make fart jokes, not raping jokes. We don't need the bickering on here. One of the greatest days for the urban core is unfolding, let's not clutter it up with this bickering, please. Anything further not relating to this subject will be deleted.

TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by TheDude »

just got from a reliable source that the mo gov will be in town today for the announcement--hold on to your hats.
"ALWAYS be closing"
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

Edited by: KC

Sorry tat....got to stick to my word. Don't take it personally, you are one of the best on here...send it to him in a PM. Thanks.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

and I got my damn xmas lunch today.....probably the best day since I've started running this site and I'll be chowing down on free food.

Dude, is this an open announcement? Have you heard?

scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

tat2kc wrote:H&R's announcement is today at 2:15 pm at the Hyatt Regency.

Much more optomistic news than if they were holding it at the Overland Park Marriott!!!!!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

exactly...they will not announce in the Hyatt that they are bailing....awesome news.

KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

exactly...they will not announce in the Hyatt that they are bailing....awesome news.
So now your in doubt? That not cool man. H&R Block is moving downtown. Unless they want alot of people in city hall and around the city hating them deeply.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Devin....I have no doubts...please read what I post.

KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

oh heh, i thought you meant it they werent going to announce they are bailing in the hyatt just in another hotel... sorry.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

DeadManWalking wrote:Blah,Blah,Blah. You dont hear St. Louis people boycotting when a business chooses Clayton over them. Thats because the business stays in their state. But you scream bloody murder. This is a metro area, as long as the jobs stay here and don't move to say Omaha, we should be happy. What it really comes down to is that Missourians dont like Kansas. They want only Missouri to shine,while we sit over here in our farmfields. Maybe there is enough room for us all to shine. Maybe instead of bitching because a business moves to Kansas, you could except that it was their choice and helps create a larger metro area. You can say what you wish, but I have no problem with businesses being in Kansas. The downtown area is expensive to build in, that is a fact. Some want a centrally located corporate office, others dont. We cant change what those companies decide to do.
DMW, I'm a Kansas resident, have lived in Kansas (WYCO) for most of my life. I jus' want H&R Block to do what's best for the entire metro, and that would be developin' their headquarters downtown...at least stay in the urban core instead of runnin' away to suburbia. I'd be jus' as pissed if they relocated to Lee's Summit.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

EVERYBODY: This has been suggested before but when this goes down at 2:30, it would be a very nice thing to write, email the Star or H&R Block P.r. people letting them know how much we appreciate this:

Corporate affairs Public Relations is:

Bob Schneider
Public Relations Manager

bschneider@hrblock.com

I'd say this would be who to contact. Or email the star and show public support.

This is such great news, make sure H&R block realizes how much we appreciate it.

I'll post something more permanent when it's time.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

So any predictions as what will happen if they move downtown?
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

prediction one: i will have to change my pants.

prediction two: they will build a big HQ, but hopefully not some campus/fortress but something that compliments the city.

prediction three: other companies in the area (and outside the area) will see such a high profile investment in downtown and think twice about KC being dead. i think this move is just a big surge of momentum for something that has been gaining momentum for a while.

prediction four: mayor barnes will have to change her pants too.

prediction five: not really a prediction, but a fear: kcmo, dont screw it up. :)
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

chrizow wrote:prediction two: they will build a big HQ, but hopefully not some campus/fortress but something that compliments the city.
2 buildings, one 14 floors, the other 10 floors. Rendering on http://www.kansascity.com
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.