Webcams to waste your day

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Webcams to waste your day

Post by AllThingsKC »

They go down from time to time.  They should be back up and running before too long...
KC is the way to be!
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Working.  (At least the still pics are.)

[edit]  Ok.  It updated once.  Better then nothing.  But...yawn.
Last edited by kard on Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Looks like they at least got the lens cleaned.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

I enjoy these cams and only wish they had a few more angles.

Nonetheless, even though I've put this on my favorite list, it might be nice to put this thread permanently at the top of the page like the first two threads in this room for easy access.

:)
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Highlander wrote: I enjoy these cams and only wish they had a few more angles.

Nonetheless, even though I've put this on my favorite list, it might be nice to put this thread permanently at the top of the page like the first two threads in this room for easy access.

:)
I don't know, bahua has an aversion to pinned threads.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

Why is the Arena webcam a lot slower than the Entertainment District webcam? on the Entertainment district one it is just like live video but the Arene one is like extreme stop action.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

anniewarbucks wrote: Why is the Arena webcam a lot slower than the Entertainment District webcam? on the Entertainment district one it is just like live video but the Arene one is like extreme stop action.
The both run about the same for me....
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

my guess was that more people are lookn at that one, but i m prob wrong but its like that for me too.
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
http://twitter.com/#!/grecobs
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

I found out one thing that was slowing down my views. I was using the AT&T browser and it slowed things down considerably. I have since went back to Internet Explorer and my speeds are almost real life.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Question:  Is there any progress outside the view of the webcam in the P&L District?  Because, given the view I have from the webcams, practically no progress is being made and I see very few workers in the area on a daily basis.  Given the slower pace of construction in winter, I would think something noticable would be going on by now.   
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Highlander wrote: Question:  Is there any progress outside the view of the webcam in the P&L District?  Because, given the view I have from the webcams, practically no progress is being made and I see very few workers in the area on a daily basis.  Given the slower pace of construction in winter, I would think something noticable would be going on by now.     

The only thing I've been able to see from my vantage point is utility work, the installations of sidewalks, and an endless cycle of stacking more and more styrofoam atop the parking garage.   (They're currently doing yet another layer.)

I can't figure out how the arena started so much later yet is so much further along.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Highlander wrote: Question:  Is there any progress outside the view of the webcam in the P&L District?  Because, given the view I have from the webcams, practically no progress is being made and I see very few workers in the area on a daily basis.  Given the slower pace of construction in winter, I would think something noticable would be going on by now.     
The block behind H&R, north of the president has seen some pretty serious work.  I think they are still just building the parking garage part but it is a formed on site structure rather than the prefab structures used on the other blocks - I assume this has to do with Blocks potential addition being built there at some later date (requiring a beefier base?).  They also have been continuing to build up the Live block with the layers of styrofoam on a pretty serious level - it just doesn't show up very well from the cam.  
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

^^^ Yeah, I noticed tonight that the rebar on the columns on this block are starting to go above street level.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Something noticable may start happening soon.... a truckload of girders has just pulled up!
pearcejp
Pad site
Pad site

Post by pearcejp »

My brother-in-law is the CEO of US Engineering who has a lot of business in the P&L District.  He said that a certain hurdle was cleared between the city and Cordish and that they will start full throttle on the four main blocks of the P&L on Thursday.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

So when can we expect tennants to start moving into the P&L?  Opening of the AMC Theater?  I know the residential is still a ways off.
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

I have noticed lately with work going into the night in the Sprint Center and the Block boilding, the entertainment district webcam stays color longer. the whole area is starting to be lit up like a Christmas tree. This whole area is starting to come alive. With the traffic scheduled to start flowing in October on Walnut the area will realy be bright.
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by eliphar17 »

pearcejp wrote: My brother-in-law is the CEO of US Engineering who has a lot of business in the P&L District.  He said that a certain hurdle was cleared between the city and Cordish and that they will start full throttle on the four main blocks of the P&L on Thursday.
Well? Visual report from anyone?
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

Next time I am in KC, Can anyone do a print screen for me while I am down looking at the projects?
jimb
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jimb »

So I'm checking out the Entertainment District webcam this morning, and suddenly my view is blocked by some guy's hand and arm in front of the camera!  Not sure if he was adjusting it of trying to clean the crap off the lens, but it was pretty funny to watch happen.  Since they have the camera set to auto-focus, you could pretty much count the hairs on his wrist.

However, the smudges are still there.  :(