JE Dunn Headquarters

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: JE Dunn Headquarters

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

The percentge when they don't need it anymore.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Is the building pretty much complete now?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: The percentge when they don't need it anymore.
Why do you even post man?  :D
"People just repeat what everybody else says as a short cut to thinking." JTREG - BigSoccer Forum Member
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

im2kull wrote: Is the building pretty much complete now?
I would imagine there is still a lot of work to complete on the inside of the building and there are still some unfinished work on the roof and ground level.
"People just repeat what everybody else says as a short cut to thinking." JTREG - BigSoccer Forum Member
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

Pork Chop wrote: I would imagine there is still a lot of work to complete on the inside of the building and there are still some unfinished work on the roof and ground level.
I would guess there is still 6 months of work to go before anybody moves in.
BSykes
Pad site
Pad site

Post by BSykes »

It's looking good. I was out and about Saturday, and I snapped these:

Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Thanks for the great pics!  Always nice to get updates.  I like it a lot.  There is a lot of diversity in surrounding that little park.  Art deco, turn of the century, 70s brutalist, 90s post modern, now this.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Midtownkid wrote: Thanks for the great pics!  Always nice to get updates.  I like it a lot.  There is a lot of diversity in surrounding that little park.  Art deco, turn of the century, 70s brutalist, 90s post modern, now this.
what exactly would you call this?or does it not have a name, yet?
"Hit it, lick it, split it and quit it." -James Brown
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

I guess just 'contemporary'  ?  Styles usually don't get names till years later.  This is a nice addition, but maybe not the most stylish anyway.  The one element that sets it apart is are the concrete sides w/ their staggered openings.  That is an element I have seen in a few projects around these days.

moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I don't see any post modern architecture facing Davis Park.  Unless you are alluding to a few cutsey elements on the Whitaker Courthouse.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

moderne wrote: I don't see any post modern architecture facing Davis Park.  Unless you are alluding to a few cutsey elements on the Whitaker Courthouse.
Yep, that's the one.  No, it's not full blown 1980s Post Modern...but it has a few 'classical' elements like the metal screens around the entry.  I guess it could be called neo-deco or something.??
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The metal screens were an attempt to relate to City Hall and the Jax Co courthouse, as was the hint of a vestigal podium. 
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Yeah, that's where I got my 'neo-deco' term from...like 'art-deco'  I really like that building actually, and I like the screens too!

moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I like the collonade at the top.  If you can snag a tour of the interior, thats where the $$$ went.  Especially interesting is the bell from the Victorian era courthouse and how it was airlifted inside of the building.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Yeah, I've been inside...just days after it opened, actually.  I remember smelling all the nasty VOCs from the carpet and paint.  (My dad is a lawyer, we had to go for some reason).  The bell is pretty cool, and the river actually looks really pretty from in there through the huge windows.  I also remember seeing them tear down some of the old buildings where the park is now and wondering why.  The park is nice, and I think over all was a good idea.  All the buildings surrounding are either renovated or new and some wouldn't be there w/o the park...like the UMB building, the DOT building, and the JE DUNN HQ.  BTW, is that little Abdiana property still sitting empty and renovated or has something moved in?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Man, Does that rendering looks completely different than the final product...or is it just me?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

im2kull wrote: Man, Does that rendering looks completely different than the final product...or is it just me?
Ther rendering isn't that far off.  Only the west face is the green glass.  The other sides of the building do look like that particular rendering.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Pork Chop wrote: Why do you even post man?  :D
Same back to you.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

scooterj wrote: Ther rendering isn't that far off.   Only the west face is the green glass.   The other sides of the building do look like that particular rendering.
Apparently a proper picture is worth much more than a thousand words.

...in regards to the buildings current progress, and lack of pictures detailing the other 3 sides...
THINK (ONE) KC.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Same back to you.
To obtain useful information about the urban core of Kansas City, MO first and the metro area second.

You don't really need to answer my question though it was completely rhetorical. I know that you post mostly useless information; at least for my needs.  :wink: