Irish Festival on the Riverfront

dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

FYI, the Brookside and Westport Irish Festivals have merged into the Kansas City Irish Festival, which will be on Labor Day weekend at Riverfront Park. I haven't seen much publicity about the event except for a few yard signs, but it sounds like it should be good.

http://kcirishfest.com/

Looks like the city is following through on their desire to better utilize this venue for regional festivals and events. The second annual Oktoberfest will be there at the end of September. Hopefully next year we can add a third big event, dare we dream about a proper blues and/or jazz festival?
Rooster_Ties
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Rooster_Ties »

Lot's of TV advertising on Channel 9 at least. Should be well attended, at least as well as (or better than) the recent German Octoberfest down there late last summer (or was that this spring?? - I forget). It wasn't in October, I do remember that much. :wink:
10-year resident of KCMO, who lives in the Volker neighborhood, near the West 39th Street corridor. I grew up outside of St. Louis, on the Illinois side of the river (near Belleville, IL).
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I am thinking about volunteering to pour some beer, but I'm very glad they've moved it to this location. I will also be at Oktoberfest, and I was there for New Belgium's Tour de Fat, back in May. Great venue. I always enjoy it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Great use of the riverfront park...what I'm looking forward to most is the EDC's idea to put somethng like a "taste of KC" in the park next year.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

That would be very cool. One thing I love about "The Taste of $CITY" events is the appearance of really good places that not many people have heard of.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

We do have the Ethnic Enrichment Festival coming up this weekend in Swope Park. Something like 40-50 different food booths will be available. It's not a formal "Taste Of ______" thing, but it is pretty cool.