GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by shinatoo »

shinatoo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:40 pm
beautyfromashes wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:47 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:07 pm If the Royals play well against the Mets and White Sox (next 6 games), the stands better be more full for the home stand against the Orioles.
You don't know our pain as Royals fans. We are bitter fucks and will not believe they're winners until after the All Star break.
This. We started 24-7 a few years ago and lost 90 games (approximately pedants). I bet it picks up after Memorial Day if we keep this pace.
17500 tonight. Already picking up. I'd guess 22k tomorrow.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

shinatoo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 pm
shinatoo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:40 pm
beautyfromashes wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:47 pm
You don't know our pain as Royals fans. We are bitter fucks and will not believe they're winners until after the All Star break.
This. We started 24-7 a few years ago and lost 90 games (approximately pedants). I bet it picks up after Memorial Day if we keep this pace.
17500 tonight. Already picking up. I'd guess 22k tomorrow.
Wrong. 23117
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Good to see. What is not good to see is Isbel absolutely destroying that Rally, then missing a possible redemption catch that ended up putting the O’s up by 2.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

The Royals are getting a lot of crowds of around 10k and are barley able to average 17k Fri-Sun.

KC is in the same group with Tampa and Miami before you jump 3k to all the other teams that average at least 18k a game with the vast majority well over 20k.

Is that even sustainable? If KC doesn't get this new stadium deal done soon, what is keeping this team in KC? I really think people that don't think the Royals would or could move are not taking this seriously enough. (not really speaking to people here).
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

GRID wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:21 pm The Royals are getting a lot of crowds of around 10k and are barley able to average 17k Fri-Sun.

KC is in the same group with Tampa and Miami before you jump 3k to all the other teams that average at least 18k a game with the vast majority well over 20k.

Is that even sustainable? If KC doesn't get this new stadium deal done soon, what is keeping this team in KC? I really think people that don't think the Royals would or could move are not taking this seriously enough. (not really speaking to people here).
Most people aren’t. Most people will say “what’s the harm in having a losing team leave town? We’ll just replace them with NHL/NBA”, as if they think it’s a 1:1 exchange or something, and they also don’t grasp the economic impacts of an absolute dogshit team still drawing over 1.3 million attendees in a season.

I still can’t grasp how people don’t see that Baseball is objectively the best sport for ancillary economics due to sheer attendance and days of activation alone, and having it squandered on the edge is just depressing.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 pm
GRID wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:21 pm The Royals are getting a lot of crowds of around 10k and are barley able to average 17k Fri-Sun.

Most people aren’t. Most people will say “what’s the harm in having a losing team leave town? We’ll just replace them with NHL/NBA”, as if they think it’s a 1:1 exchange or something, and they also don’t grasp the economic impacts of an absolute dogshit team still drawing over 1.3 million attendees in a season.

I still can’t grasp how people don’t see that Baseball is objectively the best sport for ancillary economics due to sheer attendance and days of activation alone, and having it squandered on the edge is just depressing.
That and MLB is still the only league that really says you are a major city. Much smaller metros can have NHL, NBA and NFL, but MLB is only in the biggest metros. Most cities draw 25-30k 80 times a year which is a much great impact than the other leagues as well. I hear it and read it all the time too. Let the Royals go. Just blows my mind. Either people don't care if they go or people don't believe they will go and they can force Sherman to keep them at Kauffman.

And even if the Royals did leave KC, I seriously doubt KC would get a NHL or NBA team anytime soon.