Downtown Baseball Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by DaveKCMO »

im2kull wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:36 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:34 pm The Royals just terminated their agreement with the Crossroads.
Good. The CCA dicked around and it SHOULD cost them this generational opportunity, along with the sweetheart agreement. The CCA never endorsing and only agreeing on THE DAY OF the vote is absurd. Maybe they can get Chartreuse to sponsor their new DEI and employment guidelines?
We don't owe you anything.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:34 pm The Royals just terminated their agreement with the Crossroads.
"The crossroads"

😬
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:07 am I don't know how to be more clear about this but I've seen the internal information where thousands of people across the metro were polled. The site and how it impacted the arts and small business wasn't a major concern for the majority of the voters who responded. It's brash to say but these people simply don't care about the fear mongering being pushed about "destruction" of a "vibrant" neighborhood. Many did not want it downtown period due to the constantly perpetuated misconceptions about traffic, parking and crime.

East Village isn't coming back on the table. The Royals are all in on this site. The city will have to get more involved and the city leaders want this in East Crossroads, not EV.
That polling was before the brainwash and misinformation campaign was mounted by KC Tenants. KCT & Jill are to blame for the voters who voted "No" because they thought the "Crossroads" and tons of vibrant businesses were being seized and destroyed.

I say this as a member of the opposition. I just don't support KCT and their antics either.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Why wouldn't they cancel it, there isn't anything to agree around?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Ftr, there are a lot of really smart people in the crossroads familiar with kct and city politics and running campaigns if anyone wanted to reach out!
Last edited by WoodDraw on Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Really laughable all round. Convinced by the Mayor in the 8th inning to move off the obvious site because Cordish were shit scared people wouldn't walk literally another 0.2 miles to P&L as opposed to an EC stadium, and the sad thing is people are so married to their cars here it was probably fucking true to some extent. Sherman I vividly remember at the renderings reveal stated the Royals district would be a distinct mixed use district and not an out and out entertainment district to rival P&L, some stance for him to be herded so easily after all that.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Rusty Irish wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:46 pm Really laughable all round. Convinced by the Mayor in the 8th inning to move off the obvious site because Cordish were shit scared people wouldn't walk literally another 0.2 miles to P&L as opposed to an EC stadium, and the sad thing is people are so married to their cars here it was probably fucking true to some extent. Sherman I vividly remember at the renderings reveal stated the Royals district would be a distinct mixed use district and not an out and out entertainment district to rival P&L, some stance for him to be herded so easily after all that.
He got rolled by cordish and a few other people. Again, it's pretty open what happened.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

I'm kind of disappointed people on here believed the polling before the election. How was this polling done? Who was polled and where? Is it still mostly cold calls? I thought it was well known most polling skews to older generations and completely passes over thirty-somethings and younger.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:47 pm
Rusty Irish wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:46 pm Really laughable all round. Convinced by the Mayor in the 8th inning to move off the obvious site because Cordish were shit scared people wouldn't walk literally another 0.2 miles to P&L as opposed to an EC stadium, and the sad thing is people are so married to their cars here it was probably fucking true to some extent. Sherman I vividly remember at the renderings reveal stated the Royals district would be a distinct mixed use district and not an out and out entertainment district to rival P&L, some stance for him to be herded so easily after all that.
He got rolled by cordish and a few other people. Again, it's pretty open what happened.
You all keep saying this and it’s all hyperbole. I was there. I was on the balcony of three light with John Sherman. He didn’t get rolled, he got inspired. Cordish literally said they’d help push for East Village too.

We are better than Jill Cockson and her lies, as someone who has first hand knowledge I’m telling Cordish didn’t “roll” anyone.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:09 pm
You all keep saying this and it’s all hyperbole. I was there. I was on the balcony of three light with John Sherman. He didn’t get rolled, he got inspired. Cordish literally said they’d help push for East Village too.

We are better than Jill Cockson and her lies, as someone who has first hand knowledge I’m telling Cordish didn’t “roll” anyone.
Were you on the balcony alone with him?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:43 pm Why wouldn't they cancel it, there isn't anything to agree around?
Exactly. Now they’ll just buy it up without all the contingencies. Or not. Who knows. A big can of worms has been opened but hey, maybe we bought a few local businesses a few more years before they naturally turn over into something else.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Metro wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:11 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:09 pm

Were you on the balcony alone with him?
yes, with champagne in hand and silk robes.

No, it was a large group from four different parties.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Anyone see Marny Sherman’s (Johns wife) posts on FB today about moving to Kansas?
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:15 pm Anyone see Marny Sherman’s (Johns wife) posts on FB today about moving to Kansas?
Yikes, maybe its post-election emotions talking, but it sounds like Jackson County won't be getting a another chance.

KCDowntown
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

will Jeff Roe be running another campaign?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:15 pm Anyone see Marny Sherman’s (Johns wife) posts on FB today about moving to Kansas?
What did she say?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

unfortunately neither team will work with Jackson County again. They had been working behind the scenes for two years attempting to get a location approved. Which was I think Frank Whutes plan all along. In any case most unfortunate for sports fans in KC. The lack of leadership has lost the city two treasured assets. I mean if you don’t support the Chiefs after 3 Super Bowl wins why would they stay? We will be lucky if both teams wind up in Kansas. At least still in the area!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

beautyfromashes wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:13 pm
unfortunately neither team will work with Jackson County again. They had been working behind the scenes for two years attempting to get a location approved. Which was I think Frank Whutes plan all along. In any case most unfortunate for sports fans in KC. The lack of leadership has lost the city two treasured assets. I mean if you don’t support the Chiefs after 3 Super Bowl wins why would they stay? We will be lucky if both teams wind up in Kansas. At least still in the area!
She didn't say it, she reposted John Lawrence Solomon's rant about the loss. Still not great but....
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

shinatoo wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:19 pm She didn't say it, she reposted someone else's rant about the loss. Still not great but....
No, this was her quote from the comments. Direct copy.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

lol. The Chiefs and Royals still have 7 years on their lease, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon and by then, something will be resolved. Not sure what the Chiefs are crying about, they weren't planning to start any renovations until after the 2026 World Cup, still two years away.