Downtown Baseball Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by DColeKC »

chrizow wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:04 pm lets please refrain from personal attacks and name-calling, lest ye be suspended or potentially banned.
Ok, make sure you apply these rules equally. I’ve never seen anyone else warned when calling me names. At this point I thought it was fair game.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

that appeared to be a blanket statement to all not to one person
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:51 pm that appeared to be a blanket statement to all not to one person

I get that. Just saying let’s apply the rules equally. I’ve been called so much worse than a moron and even had my parenting questioned over development. Lol

Anyway, I’ll get back on topic.

Edit: and to be clear, in this instance I was the problem. I did jump to a conclusion when I saw the link based on who shared it and their clear position on the topic. I could have skipped the name calling. Just because I’ve been called everything under the sun on this forum doesn’t mean I should be a dickhead.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:57 pm I get that. Just saying let’s apply the rules equally. I’ve been called so much worse than a moron and even had my parenting questioned over development. Lol
I'm not sure, but I think you're talking to me. I was talking about people who focus their entire passions on "making a pile of money". If you took this personally as an insult on you, I apologize. I've just found that those who solely sacrifice their family lives for the sake of winning some money game, end up alone and miserable. There is only so much time and passion in life so 'winning' both is very difficult. My response was more a gut-reaction warning to the wording that you used. I've been a business owner and been around many who also have started and had/have successful businesses. Most started with nothing and when they finally 'made it' they didn't know how to respond to it. It consumed everything, including their relationships and families. I don't know you personally at all or your family dynamic. I'd give the same warning to my best friends.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Whatever disagreement someone might have with taxi, I can assure you all the dude is not a moron. Also that video was actually pretty funny.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

There is a anti stadium rally going on right now across from city hall with only like 20 people. They all look like they escaped from a mental asylum....
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

I know we all pretty much know this by now, but people are *still* talking about how disappointed they are with the Chiefs plans. I hear it or read about the disappointment every few days. Nobody seems to understand why the back to back Super Bowl Chiefs are getting a grass field when the Titans, Bills and Jags are all building palaces. Hell, even the shitty Royals are making out much better. It truly is mind boggling to me, and pretty much everyone.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

Half a day before this vote, and I don't have a vote, but I really really want the Royals downtown and I've come around on the Crossroads site over the last several weeks. I like that the Royals appear to be making a good faith effort to work with the neighborhood, listen to concerns, and make reasonable adjustments.

That being said, I'm not going to be too upset if the vote inevitably fails. For one, I don't believe at all that this is the ONLY chance at keeping both teams in KCMO. I think if tomorrow's vote fails both teams will go back to the drawing board, shore up deficiencies in their plans (of which there are still many), and hopefully come back with a much improved idea in August or November. I don't love how much public money is being poured into the projects in their current iterations. I really don't love the half cocked improvements the Chiefs have put out. I think both teams can do a lot better than what they're currently committed to for the amount of money they're asking for, currently and will be in the future. If I had a vote I'd probably vote 'yes' but I don't think 'no' is going to be a catastrophe.

Just my .02, which is probably worth far less than that even.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

KC_Ari wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 am
Whomever wrote this sounds like an idiot.
There is a saying that goes something like this "A person's perspective is their reality." I don't think that makes them an idiot. If that is the case according to you there must be a bunch of idiots out there. They have their legitimate concerns about this issue, and others, even though you may disagree with their concerns and stance.
The 40,000 parking spaces may be there but what about the on street parking that is available for many of those Crossroads businesses. Will that still be available on game days and nights? How many people will be out there driving around trying to find an open garage and what will they pay especially if there is a large event in the nearby arena? (At least one knows what the parking rates are at TSC.) People have their worries and those worries do not make them idiots.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

dnweava wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:10 pm There is a anti stadium rally going on right now across from city hall with only like 20 people. They all look like they escaped from a mental asylum....
I mean there is a huge storm predicted to roll through, I'm sure that didn't help their numbers.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

I obviously will not be voting in this, but my Missouri coworkers and a lot of the people I’ve volunteer with on the Missouri side up in the northland have been very vocally opposed and will be voting no tomorrow. I’m interested to see if there’s going to be a silent majority who approves this and what happens next.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Nobody in the northland is voting either way
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Sunrise Movement confronted John Sherman. And they think he owes them a response after coming up on him like this?
https://twitter.com/sunrisemvmtkc/statu ... 7490117914
Imarealperson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Imarealperson »

Where are the adults in these off-brand Antifa groups?
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:58 pm Sunrise Movement confronted John Sherman. And they think he owes them a response after coming up on him like this?
Unhinged freaks. The only convincing they will do is turning people to a yes vote.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

Rusty Irish wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:30 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:58 pm Sunrise Movement confronted John Sherman. And they think he owes them a response after coming up on him like this?
Unhinged freaks. The only convincing they will do is turning people to a yes vote.
anti-tax conservatives in Grain Valley will now vote yes? where did those Cornerstone 1791 mailers go?
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:53 pm Nobody in the northland is voting either way
any signs up there? I saw a yes sign near 83rd & Lee Blvd
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Imarealperson wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:16 pm Where are the adults in these off-brand Antifa groups?
They don’t exist…
DMNBT_RCJH
Pad site
Pad site

Post by DMNBT_RCJH »

This is going to be a snoozer. Biggest question will be whether the “Yes’s” can get to 35%. It won’t be close, unfortunately.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

DMNBT_RCJH wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:16 am This is going to be a snoozer. Biggest question will be whether the “Yes’s” can get to 35%. It won’t be close, unfortunately.
Can’t wait to blast you later tonight after the vote!