New Riverfront Women's Soccer Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: New Riverfront Women's Soccer Stadium

Post by Cratedigger »

The Women’s Cup will be played at the Current Stadium this summer. Exciting seeing these announcements continue
Kansas City’s CPKC Stadium and Louisville’s Lynn Family Stadium will serve as cohosts for this year’s events, which will feature two four-team tournaments this summer. The full TWC USA fields will soon be revealed, but fans can expect to see top teams from Europe, South America and Africa battling the best in the NWSL for a prize purse of $100,000 in each tournament.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Cratedigger wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:27 pm The Women’s Cup will be played at the Current Stadium this summer. Exciting seeing these announcements continue
Kansas City’s CPKC Stadium and Louisville’s Lynn Family Stadium will serve as cohosts for this year’s events, which will feature two four-team tournaments this summer. The full TWC USA fields will soon be revealed, but fans can expect to see top teams from Europe, South America and Africa battling the best in the NWSL for a prize purse of $100,000 in each tournament.
So is that 6 games total? Meaning we’d have 3?
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I get that the logistics are probably a lot easier this way, but it seems like a HUGE missed opportunity to not leverage some of the bus capacity of the weekday RideKC busses that are otherwise sitting dormant. Why aren’t we doing everything we can to create subconscious goodwill and familiarity with public transit and busses in this City?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

What is the picture showing me?
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I’m confused as well
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

KCPowercat wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:17 pm What is the picture showing me?
It’s the current shuttle busses I think?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:58 pm I get that the logistics are probably a lot easier this way, but it seems like a HUGE missed opportunity to not leverage some of the bus capacity of the weekday RideKC busses that are otherwise sitting dormant. Why aren’t we doing everything we can to create subconscious goodwill and familiarity with public transit and busses in this City?
I believe it’s not allowed to use federally paid for vehicles for non-regular scheduled service to stadiums.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

langosta wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:52 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:58 pm I get that the logistics are probably a lot easier this way, but it seems like a HUGE missed opportunity to not leverage some of the bus capacity of the weekday RideKC busses that are otherwise sitting dormant. Why aren’t we doing everything we can to create subconscious goodwill and familiarity with public transit and busses in this City?
I believe it’s not allowed to use federally paid for vehicles for non-regular scheduled service to stadiums.
Have all the vehicles in KCATA’s fleet been purchased with Fed $? Or is it the fact that the ATA receives Fed $ for operations?

They had used ATA busses for the Airshow when it was at the DT Airport a few years ago, and I remember being impressed with the bus product, and I wasn’t super into urbanism or transit at this point, so I’d imagine that would be a relatively consistent experience if utilized
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I’m confused as to how they were able to use them for the airshow then?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:50 am
I’m confused as to how they were able to use them for the airshow then?
I only rode on private busses when it was downtown. They could have exhausted every qualified respondent’s capacity or have gotten written approval for a local/nationally important event.