Downtown Baseball Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by KCPowercat »

Better not have a bar built, Cordish will get butthurt.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:40 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:50 pm 30 minute presentation from the Royals today on the economic impact. Which is estimated at $1.2 billion annually in direct and indirect impact.

Some doubling down during the Q&A portion about why Crossroads and not East Village. Something new mentioned was crossroads takes advantage of existing infrastructure that does not exist. To the hatred of KCP, Brooks Sherman also talks about this being the best site due to it's proximity to PNL and location in Crossroads.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/st ... m-proposal
no idea why I'm singled out here given I'm someone on your side of this but go off I guess. You can figure out how to pick a fight even with those on the same side as you.

Anyways, what infrastructure?
I'm just giving you a hard time because you've made it your lifelong stance that East Village was an equal site if built as this one will be built. Def not starting a fight, but I'll be extra nice.

What infrastructure? The existing parking garages that have inventory would be one good example. The streetcar....
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:43 pm Better not have a bar built, Cordish will get butthurt.
lol. That's absurd. If Cordish were so wimpy, they'd also be opposed to residential, hotel or restaurants being a part of this. Come on now.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:01 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:50 pm 30 minute presentation from the Royals today on the economic impact. Which is estimated at $1.2 billion annually in direct and indirect impact.

Some doubling down during the Q&A portion about why Crossroads and not East Village. Something new mentioned was crossroads takes advantage of existing infrastructure that does not exist. To the hatred of KCP, Brooks Sherman also talks about this being the best site due to it's proximity to PNL and location in Crossroads.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/st ... m-proposal
no idea why I'm singled out here given I'm someone on your side of this but go off I guess. You can figure out how to pick a fight even with those on the same side as you.

I'm just giving you a hard time because you've made it your lifelong stance that East Village was an equal site if built as this one will be built. Def not starting a fight, but I'll be extra nice.

What infrastructure? The existing parking garages that have inventory would be one good example. The streetcar....
Of course the guy is going to say the site the picked is better. I mean come on this isn't hard. Those same two pieces of infrastructure existed for the east village to use on top of a bus hub.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:09 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:01 pm

Of course the guy is going to say the site the picked is better. I mean come on this isn't hard. Those same two pieces of infrastructure existed for the east village to use on top of a bus hub.
I just love that you continue to disagree with people considered experts in their field. They didn't give up on a better site because they were forced into investing billions into a worse location.

You argued for years that, "walking from east village to PNL" isn't no big deal. Clearly, the people risking real money disagree.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Like I said water on the bridge. Ready to move forward. My opinion has always been beyond just what is best for the Royals and Cordish.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

I have to think they mean underground infrastructure. Pipes , Power, etc.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

KC_Ari wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:25 pm I have to think they mean underground infrastructure. Pipes , Power, etc.
That is what I was wondering if that is it and that would be a legit difference and cost. I can't believe all that won't have to be moved at either site though as the stadium will go lower than we typically install that type of infrastructure.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:28 pm
KC_Ari wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:25 pm I have to think they mean underground infrastructure. Pipes , Power, etc.
That is what I was wondering if that is it and that would be a legit difference and cost. I can't believe all that won't have to be moved at either site though as the stadium will go lower than we typically install that type of infrastructure.
It would be on the scale of Power and Light. They'll be digging up Cedar water lines
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

For discussion purposes, I went ahead and tried to recreate angles of three renderings using my drone plus got an overhead view of the entire development zone.

One building owner has a large "Yes on 1" sign on Oak.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

bricknose
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by bricknose »

Rusty Irish wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:16 pm Image
Sweet. Get a couple beers and prepare for a show as the presenters are likely shouted down by protestations.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

This whole thing where performative impoliteness has become acceptable / expected is abhorrent and likely to make me, and I would hope, other sane people, instantly support whatever the shitheads are yelling against.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

mean wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:51 pm This whole thing where performative impoliteness has become acceptable / expected is abhorrent and likely to make me, and I would hope, other sane people, instantly support whatever the shitheads are yelling against.
I think people like Jill are helping the yes vote. It’s clear to see who’s desperate and unhinged as they find a problem when solutions are offered to various other concerns. She continues to bash p&l while being willfully ignorant to the fact she wouldn’t even have her business had downtown not been turned around. (Not implying solely by Cordish).
She is failing to understand or recognize that the city wanting this site in order to help boost revenues in PNL is actually good governance. It’s in good faith and in the best interests of the tax payers. It’s not about helping Cordish make more money, it’s about the fact the projections were down assuming T-Mobile would have a anchor tenant and here we have a chance to put a sports franchise closer to that development.

She’s also using dooms day scenarios implying the entirety of the crossroads will be ruined by this so that a few rich people can make more money. It’s just nonsense.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Jill is hardly the nexus of performative impoliteness in our modern day politics. She is one voice and I've honestly never heard/read one thing from here. I think we all know where that started.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:23 am Jill is hardly the nexus of performative impoliteness in our modern day politics. She is one voice and I've honestly never heard/read one thing from here. I think we all know where that started.
She’s not but her posts have pushed me in the direction opposite hers
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:23 am Jill is hardly the nexus of performative impoliteness in our modern day politics. She is one voice and I've honestly never heard/read one thing from here. I think we all know where that started.
Well, you’re welcome for bringing it to your attention. She’s been on every local news channel and in every local media outlet in general. So while you personally haven’t heard about her, she’s by far the most vocal and vile opponent of this vote that is also a tenant in the “impact zone” as they call it.

I will continue to bring her up when relevant to the conversation.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:02 am
Well, you’re welcome for bringing it to your attention. She’s been on every local news channel and in every local media outlet in general. So while you personally haven’t heard about her, she’s by far the most vocal and vile opponent of this vote that is also a tenant in the “impact zone” as they call it.

I will continue to bring her up when relevant to the conversation.
Oh I believe you, I just am saying I've only heard/seen/read what she has said on here.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:18 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:16 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:06 pm There’s simply nothing in this section of East Crossroads worth the hassle and massive expense of saving.
A smaller building was worth saving and put directly into PetCo stadium design so guess not everybody agrees with you.
Yeah, because it was 100 years old and declared a historic building in 1978. They had no choice but to incorporate it. Like I said, nothing like this exists in this part of EC.

Back to my UHaul building being saved, it was built in 1916 by my math that's 100 years old but it's not historic? Royals should definitely try and reuse this building. It's not even in the way of the stadium so build the village stuff incorporating this beautiful building
https://x.com/kclightrail/status/177190 ... 14809?s=20
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Also KC's oldest standing fire stations. Not a huge building but definitely historic. Would be harder to work this into the village design no doubt
https://twitter.com/kcdowntownloop/stat ... 7549320509