Downtown Baseball Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by Chris Stritzel »

grovester wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:08 pm You all are apparently threatened by this woman. As you should be.
This has nothing to do with gender, and it shouldn't. But go off.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

grovester wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:08 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:10 pm
DColeKC wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:26 pm She's so classy. This is in response to CitySceneKC's most recent post.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you Cocky Jill Cockson. She’s the most insufferable person to come out against this. It’s not about her business. No. It’s about her personal vendetta against change. She of all people should be pushed aside. She came out a few weeks back and completely labeled all baseball fans as rednecks who drink cheap beer in a parking lot and that they’re not her preferred clientele. She’s so far into the hole of stupidity she can’t even see straight.

Good thing a Google Search, and a visit to her Facebook profile, reveals a list of businesses she owns so I know where not to spend my money.
You guys obviously haven't followed her social media before now, she could give a rat's ass if you ever set foot in one of her businesses.

And her businesses will succeed wildly.

You all are apparently threatened by this woman. As you should be.

You criticize her for using hyperbole and all caps, when the other side is using Mahomes, Kelce and Salvy, who with all due respect, don't know jack shit about anything regarding the East Crossroads.
Oh so virtuous. Yes, it's the fact she's a female that has me annoyed, it's not the lies, misinformation, bashing of others who have done far more for downtown than she ever will or the overall nasty attitude.

EDIT: I went on a rant and it was mean. Bottom line is she's not threatening. It has zero to do with her gender and everything to do with her tactics. She can advocate for her cause without constantly bashing the good work many others have done in this city. She has no class and let's not pretend she doesn't give a rats ass. She tells people too often about all of her accomplishments to not care. She doesn't want rent to go up because her businesses barely turn a profit as is. Her idea of "self-sufficient" is not needing to close the doors.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I mean I don't know grovesters intent but that post doesn't say anyone was threatened BECAUSE she is a woman but two people immediately went there. Seems telling.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:35 am I mean I don't know grovesters intent but that post doesn't say anyone was threatened BECAUSE she is a woman but two people immediately went there. Seems telling.
Oh Jesus come on. Don’t play dumb. Why was gender mentioned at all? Why was it implied anyone on here is “threatened” by her?

Your response is telling.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:35 am I mean I don't know grovesters intent but that post doesn't say anyone was threatened BECAUSE she is a woman but two people immediately went there. Seems telling.
The tell for me was when they gave her a nickname.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

grovester wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:24 am
Oh yes, assigning nicknames. A clear example of being threatened as if we haven’t been giving out nicknames for positive and negative reasons for centuries.

People who consistently claim they hold superior principals have inflated opinions of their own judgment.

An idiot is an idiot, gender doesn’t matter and if you’re going to go in the local media and slander someone, expect a nickname.

She or maybe I should say “they” to not offend anyone, has gone off the rails in their opposition to the stadium. They have put words via posts and videos out there fully opening themselves up to the criticism while displaying their personality which opens them up to feedback and nicknames.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

For the record, Cockson’s nickname is mild compared to others I’ve assigned business owners and politicians here. It’s meant to be a fun play on her last name while aligning with recent actions.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:21 am
Oh Jesus come on. Don’t play dumb. Why was gender mentioned at all? Why was it implied anyone on here is “threatened” by her?

Your response is telling.
LOL I mean it probably was but just reading the words, his comment in no way said "due" to her gender. If it was a guy and he said "apparently threatened by this guy" would you jump to him saying it was gender based?

She certainly has a lot of anger in this but again isn't it understandable? Her successful business is being uprooted. What if your job was being eliminated due to this vote, would you just be ho hum, oh well? What is being done by the Royals/county/city to help these businesses? Voters don't like the little guy being ran over by the big guy and feel like they are partially responsible with their yes vote, how do we reduce that?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Why are we bringing outside discussions from other places into this thread? Weird.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

I saw that response on FB and was immediately turned off as well. So much anger.

Most unfortunate to me is that rant was directed 100% towards Kevin Collison, who has spent an entire career in service to a better downtown, a better, more vibrant city. And in response to a rather tame post demonstrating the size and diversity of the Crossroads.

I understand the hurt coming from a directly affected small biz owner, but this is very much in the vein of the screaming NIMBY.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

On the flipside, where are the Royals in some kind of basic public statement assuring that they are reaching out to affected businesses, and will maximize assistance for those displaced?

While you would hope they are genuinely doing this, even just for PR they need to be out in front of this, trying to make it a win win for businesses interested in playing ball (pun intended).

Surprised after dropping the Crossroads bomb and seeing the blowback they continue to remain so quiet.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

One of her replies on City Scene:
Why is it that every single one of these ‘yes’ douche bags looks exactly the same with the same sportsball profile picture? Just another boring suburbanite with no skin in the game. 🙄

It wasn't a reply to my post but I am a "yes" inasmuch as I support the project and what a statement about people she knows absolutely nothing about. How does she know how much skin in the game anyone has?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

rxlexi wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:48 am I saw that response on FB and was immediately turned off as well. So much anger.

Most unfortunate to me is that rant was directed 100% towards Kevin Collison, who has spent an entire career in service to a better downtown, a better, more vibrant city. And in response to a rather tame post demonstrating the size and diversity of the Crossroads.

I understand the hurt coming from a directly affected small biz owner, but this is very much in the vein of the screaming NIMBY.
Yeah not a fan of going after Collison.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

rxlexi wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:52 am On the flipside, where are the Royals in some kind of basic public statement assuring that they are reaching out to affected businesses, and will maximize assistance for those displaced?

While you would hope they are genuinely doing this, even just for PR they need to be out in front of this, trying to make it a win win for businesses interested in playing ball (pun intended).

Surprised after dropping the Crossroads bomb and seeing the blowback they continue to remain so quiet.
Someone told me Sherman was on some talkshow today. Not sure if what he covered.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Highlander wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:04 pm
One of her replies on City Scene:
Why is it that every single one of these ‘yes’ douche bags looks exactly the same with the same sportsball profile picture? Just another boring suburbanite with no skin in the game. 🙄

It wasn't a reply to my post but I am a "yes" inasmuch as I support the project and what a statement about people she knows absolutely nothing about. How does she know how much skin in the game anyone has?
Yeah she is teetering of not already to the point of hurting her own cause and I'm only seeing what people post in here.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:23 am Why are we bringing outside discussions from other places into this thread? Weird.
Isn’t this thread to discuss the proposed baseball stadium? Aren’t we at the point of the public voting? Isn’t what’s being said and spread on social media relevant to the discussion? I think so, so I’ll continue to share especially if she is attacking the integrity of someone who has dedicated his career to covering development. Assuming this is still a development forum?
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

rxlexi wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:48 am screaming NIMBY.
This isn't meant as a defense for anything she's said but would it really be NIMBYism for someone to complain about being kicked out of their house as a wrecking ball swings at it?
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

Grand currently closed for the big12 as we approaching rush hour, Oak is essentially bumper to bumper traffic through the area. I can't imagine the shit show this would be right now if oak was closed.

Easily the street with the most traffic downtown on days when grand is closed
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:13 pm
rxlexi wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:48 am screaming NIMBY.
This isn't meant as a defense for anything she's said but would it really be NIMBYism for someone to complain about being kicked out of their house as a wrecking ball swings at it?
A good point. I think it's the irrational and personal nature of the responses, similar to the unhinged ranting about density, parking, anything-but-SFH, etc you see in NIMBY language. "I am right, anyone supporting XYZ development is wrong, how could anyone possibly desire something different from the existing status-quo" type rhetoric.

Yes, it sucks personally for these businesses. I most feel for Green Dirt Farm (similar to Taxi - what an eloquent defense he gave for them earlier in this thread) - I love them. I think The Pairing is one of the best liquor stores in the city. And I understand a level of anxiety and anger from any or all of them.

But we're also talking a potential generational investment in the city that could be a massive activity generator for downtown. KC doesn't have a lot of large scale downtown investment opportunities relative to more favored larger or sunbelt cities.

You certainly don't have to be "for" this or any stadium plan or on the Royals side here, but throwing anyone that might want listen to that argument under the bus as a bunch of pieces of shit that hate small business and/or the arts is not an argument that I find fair or attractive. And come on man, it's Kevin Collison! This guy has been blowing the horn for a lively comeback city since I started following development 20 years ago! At least be civil. I think that's where I kind of snapped.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I don't entirely blame her, if the bulldozer was approaching the tips of my shoes I might be inclined to be irrational too. But yeah, she goes too far. I might also though, so I'm not sure I should get too bent out of shape about that either. I just don't care and won't listen to her. She has earned my indifference. But social media is cancer anyway.