Downtown Baseball Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by WoodDraw »

I think it’s odd that the anger is being reflected on the voters. Like we have an obligation to vote for whatever shit they throw in front of us.

They did a bad job! It's not my job to let them fail upwards. If they would have talked to any of us, they would have known the crossroads location would have to be treated with care.

And they might still win, but if they don't, I'm not taking the blame.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:21 am Let's just squash polluting this thread with any political talk right now. thanks.
9-0

Ok I’m done.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Vote yes Ad out now with crossroads business owner
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:31 am I think it’s odd that the anger is being reflected on the voters. Like we have an obligation to vote for whatever shit they throw in front of us.

They did a bad job! It's not my job to let them fail upwards. If they would have talked to any of us, they would have known the crossroads location would have to be treated with care.

I think it’s been a bit of the messaging from the “Vote No” crowd, whether the Suburban save the k types, or some of the commentary from groups in the core, a lot of misinformed takes are spreading and becoming the pervasive justification for a no vote. That’s mostly been where the anger has been directed.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:37 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:31 am I think it’s odd that the anger is being reflected on the voters. Like we have an obligation to vote for whatever shit they throw in front of us.

I think it’s been a bit of the messaging from the “Vote No” crowd, whether the Suburban save the k types, or some of the commentary from groups in the core, a lot of misinformed takes are spreading and becoming the pervasive justification for a no vote. That’s mostly been where the anger has been directed.
I agree. That's why it's important to have a very drilled down, direct message to voters.

I've said in campaigns I've lost before, all is fair I'm love and war. You can't get angry that you fucked up after the fact and blame other people.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Article came out yesterday where they Royals are finally saying that they will not be playing in The K after the lease is up regardless of what happens with this vote. It's about time they made it clear that putting more money into Kauffman isn't on the table.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

In the gym just now and KCTV5 is on one of the tvs and they are running this big hack piece on the stadium moves big impact on Independence. All the wrong things get focused on by people here.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Rusty Irish wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:15 pm In the gym just now and KCTV5 is on one of the tvs and they are running this big hack piece on the stadium moves big impact on Independence. All the wrong things get focused on by people here.
What impact would that be? I am wondering because in my experience, people drive to the stadium, see the game and drive home. I have been to hundreds of Royals game and never once stepped foot in Independence or ate, gassed my car, or had a beer in the area. If I ate or had some beers, I bought stadium food and beer. That's what you get with a completely sealed off from the rest of the world stadium with 2 interstate highways servicing it.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Independence has bigger problems to focus on. Losing a baseball stadium is nothing. They can’t even save a mall.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:23 pm Independence has bigger problems to focus on. Losing a baseball stadium is nothing. They can’t even save a mall.
Most of Jackson County outside of Lee's Summit and Blue Springs and western KCMO is trashed. The county does not seem to have any interest in investing in itself to make things better. The entire county just feels run down as hell.

As far as the downtown stadium.

What if the Royals were to actually involved the Crossroads District a lot more in the process of the stadium design?

Seeing the new Vegas stadium renderings makes me wonder why KC Is not thinking more outside the box and building something that is different and interesting. Something that says the ballpark in part of the Crossroads Arts District and compliments the PAC. Open up the stadium more to the arts district. I really don't know but it really seems like the stadium could be refined more to the area and that would likely help people in the district get on board.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

With some of the best sports architects in the world. I said ground level Hof, club store, children's area, and supporters bar to make sure the whole area was activated year around.

And then an event spaces to rent out when the royals weren't there. One around the fountains for warm weather, club level when it's cold for more corporate stuff.

Say we're going to build a neighborhood for everyone, where people that work here live next to people that play here for a new ownership and generation in KC.

They ignored me as it's their right.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

GRID wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:44 pm
DColeKC wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:23 pm Independence has bigger problems to focus on. Losing a baseball stadium is nothing. They can’t even save a mall.
What if the Royals were to actually involved the Crossroads District a lot more in the process of the stadium design?

Great idea.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:15 pm With some of the best sports architects in the world. I said ground level Hof, club store, children's area, and supporters bar to make sure the whole area was activated year around.

And then an event spaces to rent out when the royals weren't there. One around the fountains for warm weather, club level when it's cold for more corporate stuff.

Say we're going to build a neighborhood for everyone, where people that work here live next to people that play here for a new ownership and generation in KC.

I think those are details that are just not out there yet as we're at the conceptual stage and not the point where they've fully decided on the more grainular aspects. However, from my knowledge there is ground level elements including HOF, Club Store, Bars and Restaurants etc. There's also several event spaces which are crucial to any stadium regardless of the sport. Private events is a big revenue stream for pro sports teams.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:56 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:15 pm With some of the best sports architects in the world. I said ground level Hof, club store, children's area, and supporters bar to make sure the whole area was activated year around.

I think those are details that are just not out there yet as we're at the conceptual stage and not the point where they've fully decided on the more grainular aspects. However, from my knowledge there is ground level elements including HOF, Club Store, Bars and Restaurants etc. There's also several event spaces which are crucial to any stadium regardless of the sport. Private events is a big revenue stream for pro sports teams.
That's awesome, I just need to see it, along with the traffic grid and surrounding neighborhood to make sure no parking sewer.

You only get one chance to vote.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

All great ideas. I would think they still have a lot of refining to do. Maybe they will think twice about not involved the neighborhood more.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

GRID wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:17 pm

All great ideas. I would think they still have a lot of refining to do. Maybe they will think twice about not involved the neighborhood more.
Focused on the big people instead of us. Saying the KC star building owners want to get out of a bad investment, cordish doesn't want to compete, and the major property owner will sell doesn't make for a great campaign.

I think we could have done something fun for either location if they asked.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I never really threw this out, but my other idea was for the chiefs to build their Hof downtown along with a sporting KC style bar at the new royals location.

Kinda get rid of this charade that we're ever going to develop tsc, and keep the two teams connected. How fun.

Like have the teams hotel connected as well. Run a dedicated bus to the stadium.

I dunno, no one in this city likes my idea. 😂
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

A’s release renderings of new Las Vegas domed stadium that resembles famous Sydney Opera House

https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas-as ... e=Facebook

https://x.com/Athletics/status/1765115075994800441?s=20
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

FangKC wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:32 pm A’s release renderings of new Las Vegas domed stadium that resembles famous Sydney Opera House

https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas-as ... e=Facebook

https://x.com/Athletics/status/1765115075994800441?s=20
Very cool and very "only in Vegas".
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

Highlander wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:21 pm
Rusty Irish wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:15 pm In the gym just now and KCTV5 is on one of the tvs and they are running this big hack piece on the stadium moves big impact on Independence. All the wrong things get focused on by people here.
What impact would that be?
hotels? and restaurants near hotels?