New Chiefs Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: New Chiefs Stadium

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

This is the first time I've started to actually be concerned this vote might fail.

This entire vote is basically Royals only. I don't even know what you could market for the Chiefs...the new suites? Wow.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Adding 2k parking spaces. Yipee, so 21st century.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:19 am This is the first time I've started to actually be concerned this vote might fail.

This entire vote is basically Royals only. I don't even know what you could market for the Chiefs...the new suites? Wow.
Its fucked. This is lipstick on top of a pig.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:19 am This is the first time I've started to actually be concerned this vote might fail.

They (chiefs) will need to show a lot more details of how the amenities will improve inside the stadium for sure, that hype video didn't do them one favor.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

That's it? That's the stadium improvements??

THAT'S IT????
KC is the way to be!
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

What's ironic with these dipshit voters is the Chiefs project is actually the one that is so much more of a cash grab for themselves. The Royals project atleast adds to the city and will benefit people. The Chiefs are just sucking out money for themselves with more suites and adding literally nothing to the city.

But yet the Royals will take all the flack for being greedy and not the Chiefs, because football.
Last edited by TheUrbanRoo on Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCMOJoe89
Pad site
Pad site

Post by KCMOJoe89 »

https://www.chiefs.com/stadium/concepts

Glad to see they're finally improving that horrible bottleneck of a bridge to Lot L. Has been horrible access for decades, mostly after games.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:18 am
GRID wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:15 am Welp, kind of what I thought. Pretty minor upgrades and pretty much nothing added in place of Kauffman.
Man I don't think you can call this a minor upgrade. It's just not "adding" much so it doesn't look a lot different.
Hard to tell from video I guess they are rebuilding most of the stadium's guts.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:25 am What's ironic with these dipshit voters is the Chiefs project is actually the one that is so much more of a cash grab for themselves. The Royals project atleast adds to the city and will benefit people. The Chiefs are just sucking out money for themselves with more suites and adding literally nothing to the city.

But yet the Royals will take all the flack for being greedy and not the Chiefs, because football.
Good point. "chiefs kingdom" will still carry this vote.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

GRID wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:26 am
KCPowercat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:18 am
GRID wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:15 am Welp, kind of what I thought. Pretty minor upgrades and pretty much nothing added in place of Kauffman.
Man I don't think you can call this a minor upgrade. It's just not "adding" much so it doesn't look a lot different.
Hard to tell from video I guess they are rebuilding most of the stadium's guts.
Yeah the details they went over sounded like top to bottom new stadium and then adding in net money in suites.

$800M total reno, $300M from the Chiefs
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Lol

It's like they're trying to get a No vote
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Agree that this is underwhelming.

On the plus side, these all look like really nice improvements that will enhance the fan experience (I do love the renovation and re-use of the tunnel for VIP entrance/spaces), and Arrowhead will remain Arrowhead (no roof or overwrought modern design elements) for the foreseeable future.

On the negative, severely underwhelmed with the handling of the old Kauffman space. And everything being done here seems so risk averse that it makes me wonder how long they anticipate staying at TSC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Not sure I expected much more. Maybe more "outside" view looking different is the only thing I may have expected. This is obviously the last reno of Arrowhead to get them through 25 years and then done with this building.

The entire guts of the stadium is being redone and new spaces dug out for new additional club dollars coming in and looks to improve every fan's experience (even cover and heat in upper deck for example)
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Can't even tell us the capacity. What did we say about transparency?

Even the average joe loses out when potentially the capacity is reduced to accommodate more suites or corporate expansion.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

The reuse of VIP entry in the old connection tunnel is a quality idea and will help connect in those new field level suites that are being added.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I was not expecting much, but this is extremely disappointing. I mean even after this opens, I would still rank Arrowhead in the high teens compared to other stadiums. The only reason it's ranked high is atmosphere. The stadium itself is really dated. I think this renovation will be nice, but it's nothing exciting and worthy of a 40 year tax.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

FFS folks vote No this whole thing is obviously rushed and not thought through.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:17 am This tells me how much work needs to be done to the structure itself and hence reinforces why the Royals didn't want to deal with that.

I think it's a good renovation that will be well received, the video was just not at all good.
That’s the point I’ve been making this entire campaign. NFL funding and MLB funding are markedly different, and people thinking that Arrowhead somehow doesn’t need massive amounts of structural remediation work is baffling to me.

If both organizations would just come out and disclose those issues directly, this process might be a little easier…
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

GRID wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:39 am I was not expecting much, but this is extremely disappointing. I mean even after this opens, I would still rank Arrowhead in the high teens compared to other stadiums. The only reason it's ranked high is atmosphere. The stadium itself is really dated. I think this renovation will be nice, but it's nothing exciting and worthy of a 40 year tax.
this they are selling as will make it un-dated. You are ranking post-renovation arrowhead 5 years before it's done and 4 minutes after announced? Okay.