Politics

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
MidKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Politics

Post by MidKC »

“Thug” is absolutely a racist dog whistle. Anyone being honest knows what they see and think of when they hear that term. The governor knows his audience and who he tries to appeal to.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

MidKC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am “Thug” is absolutely a racist dog whistle. Anyone being honest knows what they see and think of when they hear that term. The governor knows his audience and who he tries to appeal to.
Those guys were thugs.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

MidKC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am “Thug” is absolutely a racist dog whistle. Anyone being honest knows what they see and think of when they hear that term. The governor knows his audience and who he tries to appeal to.
Your subjective feeling on a word doesn’t negate the published definition:

MidKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by MidKC »

There’s a reason people use the words they use. Everyone can read the definition of a word but I hope you can see there’s a reason he made that choice. It’s very easy politically for him in Missouri to brush it off as just a bunch of “thugs” acting how they act in inner city KC and STL to do nothing more than satisfy his base and make sure they know they have a common enemy.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Anyone who only knows words by their dictionary definitions has no grasp of how the english language works
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:47 pm Anyone who only knows words by their dictionary definitions has no grasp of how the english language works
^ I can tell your a KC resident. More upset about the correct word someone used about a bunch of thugs than a person getting killed and many others shot. A perfect example of why the city continues to be one of the most violent cities in America.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Kcrag is really weird now
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Are you using the dictionary definition of "weird"? I'm trying to decide if I should be offended or not.
KC is the way to be!