Hotel President

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by brewcrew1000 »

The bridge kind of helps for the people parking at the garages at tmobile
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Also closing Oak St is no bueno, especially when it appears to be just to allow for the real estate development portion of the stadium.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:53 pm The bridge kind of helps for the people parking at the garages at tmobile
Just walk across the beautiful new park!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

bricknose wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:04 pm
KC_Ari wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:53 pm That is it? Absolutely disgusting. Vote this bullshit down.
I don’t get this. What’s the problem? It seems pretty minimally disruptive, compliments and expands the South Loop cap, doesn’t create an additional restaurant district to compete with the Crossroads, melds into the existing parking infrastructure with no added waste, and looks to have a hell of a view with the skyline looming behind the stadium.
Agreed on all points. Better than I expected. Get it done. The alternative is no downtown stadium and another 50 years at TSC (or no team at all).
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

smh wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:54 pm Also closing Oak St is no bueno, especially when it appears to be just to allow for the real estate development portion of the stadium.
Oak is closed. Look at the right field entrance.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:45 pm
DColeKC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:42 pm There will be many ways fans will end up on the street level but the bridge over Truman is clutch to help provide a nice, safe way for fans to move about without needing to cross at Truman Street level.
The bridge is key to funnel people to the door of your overlords watering hole, nothing more.
Oh my, creating an easier path for baseball fans that want to enjoy a full experience. How atrocious. You wouldn't mind the bridge it it lead people to something you didn't hate so much.

I'm sorry you don't like my bridge.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

FYI, the renderings in the Royals tweet are huge if you open up the images a new tab. Allows you to get a better idea of the street-level experience on the north-facing rendering.

KCDowntown
Last edited by KCDowntown on Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

smh wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:54 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:53 pm The bridge kind of helps for the people parking at the garages at tmobile
Just walk across the beautiful new park!
Lower level ticket holders will mostly exit at street level while upper level guests could utilize the bridge. It's a great ingress and egress design.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Grand BLVD improvement will be great but lets also upgrade16th street. That streetcar stop is going to be primary for Kauffman Center, Bartle Hall Ballroom and the stadium.

You could almost make it a mall. What would be a good name for a mall on 16th street? Hmmmm.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

And lets get a crown on that scoreboard.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

That press conference was terrible and full of non-answers. They haven't partnered with anybody, seemingly haven't even spoke with most property owners. Doesn't seem they have even worked with the city yet on street design. I bet they don't even know city ordinance doesn't allow new pedestrian bridges. Had no answer for who will pay for the park cap extension. Seemingly have no idea how people are going to get to the game from eastern jackson co if they think 1/3rd of the metro is going to get off at 23rd street lol.

Only solid answer they gave was the seating capacity would be in the 34k to 34.5k range.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

dnweava wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:10 pm That press conference was terrible and full of non-answers. They haven't partnered with anybody, seemingly haven't even spoke with most property owners. Doesn't seem they have even worked with the city yet on street design. I bet they don't even know city ordinance doesn't allow new pedestrian bridges. Had no answer for who will pay for the park cap extension. Seemingly have no idea how people are going to get to the game from eastern jackson co if they think 1/3rd of the metro is going to get off at 23rd street lol.

Only solid answer they gave was the seating capacity would be in the 34k to 34.5k range.
They are not ready to announce who they may partner with. They said they will be lead developer on all of it, but will partner on the hotel and other elements. They answered the cap question by saying they think this will be the final aspect to help get the last bit of financing. They're not going to say they'll pitch in if they can get some rich folks to donate first.

Any city ordinance can be bypassed with approval and this bridge has already been read by the city. There's over 20 ways in and out of downtown, people will need to figure out what works best for them.

Also, they've spoken to all impacted property owners at this point and said they'll continue to work with them one on one.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

Oak is currently bumper to bumper with traffic...
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

dnweava wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:19 pm Oak is currently bumper to bumper with traffic...
Because they're shutting down Grand for the Parade tomorrow. Oak is usually lightly used.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:21 pm
dnweava wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:19 pm Oak is currently bumper to bumper with traffic...
Because they're shutting down Grand for the Parade tomorrow. Oak is usually lightly used.
And grand is constantly closed for concerts, events, big 12, etc. Oak is extremely vital and I will not back down on this.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

dnweava wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:25 pm
And grand is constantly closed for concerts, events, big 12, etc. Oak is extremely vital and I will not back down on this.
I get it, but Oak is gone. The plan for Grand between T-Mobile and Kansas City Live will have to be tweaked but pedestrian safety is more important than saving someone 3 minutes of travel time.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:29 pm

I get it, but Oak is gone. The plan for Grand between T-Mobile and Kansas City Live will have to be tweaked but pedestrian safety is more important than saving someone 3 minutes of travel time.
This attitude is going to make me fight the tax. I'd rather the royals move to Nashville than close oak.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The Oak corridor could be argued to be the chief north south street of the city as it extends from north of the river and then south via Oak, Gillham, Rockhill, Holmes all the way to Loch Lloyd. Then needlessly drop a wall onto it?
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

dnweava wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:33 pm

This attitude is going to make me fight the tax. I'd rather the royals move to Nashville than close oak.
Are you a Jackson County resident?
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

Critical_Mass wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:40 pm
dnweava wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:33 pm

Are you a Jackson County resident?
I'm literally on those blocks every day. I'm not giving out any personal info.