im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by im2kull »

Highlander wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:29 pm
im2kull wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:25 pm
dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:43 pm

2) why is the church is moving forward with a building addition if it's going to be demolished.- Is it possible that the Western Boundary for the stadium site would we McGee? With Northern boundary Truman Rd and Southern boundary 17th St, Then you just use that square and march it East to Cherry St? Not sure if that is the plan or not
To make their argument for more money to vacate and sell better.
Or they simply believe it's unlikely that the Royal's move to an EC location and if they do, they will be adequately compensated for their investment.
The amount of waste generated by building new, with a likelihood of demolition is...mildly poetic if you enjoy climate/waste/etc hypocrisy.
mourban
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mourban »

im2kull wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:25 pm
dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:43 pm
dnweava wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:12 pm It's weird that if the Royals are planning on using the star site then 1)why does the Star site owners keep releasing the most awful 3D renders that look like they were made by a high schooler in Google Sketchup 15 years ago. and 2) why is the church is moving forward with a building addition if it's going to be demolished.

https://fox4kc.com/news/star-press-pavi ... ak-street/

The Royals are not doing a good job of communicating with anybody and their lack of transparency is going to kill the vote. The Chiefs not having released any of their plans also is troubling. It feels like Stan Kronke level of sabotage at this point with how poorly he worked with STL on their stadium plan, like are the Royals trying to have the vote fail so they can move to Nashville? Nothing is passing the smell test right now.
2) why is the church is moving forward with a building addition if it's going to be demolished.- Is it possible that the Western Boundary for the stadium site would we McGee? With Northern boundary Truman Rd and Southern boundary 17th St, Then you just use that square and march it East to Cherry St? Not sure if that is the plan or not
To make their argument for more money to vacate and sell better.
Yep… or they are escrowing the cash so when they do move they have some funds ready to go for interim ops
Jblanco
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Jblanco »

The news that came out yesterday about the Dunn family informs me that the stadium will go in the East Village. The East Crossroads gossip is the perfect camouflage to assist in acquiring the remaining EV parcels. You heard it here first.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

Jblanco wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:14 pm The news that came out yesterday about the Dunn family informs me that the stadium will go in the East Village. The East Crossroads gossip is the perfect camouflage to assist in acquiring the remaining EV parcels. You heard it here first.
What news was that?
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

Jblanco wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:14 pm The news that came out yesterday about the Dunn family informs me that the stadium will go in the East Village. The East Crossroads gossip is the perfect camouflage to assist in acquiring the remaining EV parcels. You heard it here first.
That article was from Dec 10, 2019
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... amily.html
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

I was with some of the key players this afternoon. I was told the full court press is on for East Crossroads but of course it’s not considered a done deal. There are just a few crucial items they’re trying to wrap up.
Belvidere
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Belvidere »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm I was with some of the key players this afternoon. I was told the full court press is on for East Crossroads but of course it’s not considered a done deal. There are just a few crucial items they’re trying to wrap up.
If people refuse to sell, wouldn't it be tied up in litigation for a long time?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Belvidere wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:08 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm I was with some of the key players this afternoon. I was told the full court press is on for East Crossroads but of course it’s not considered a done deal. There are just a few crucial items they’re trying to wrap up.
If people refuse to sell, wouldn't it be tied up in litigation for a long time?
No, you can always build around or over them. Or increase their property taxes so much that you force them out. Jackson County seems pretty adept at that.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

im2kull wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:12 pm Or increase their property taxes so much that you force them out. Jackson County seems pretty adept at that.
This is blatantly illegal. I know you're not an official party to any work done for EC, but if this is the message you're hearing from that group and passing it on here, they should lawyer up.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Portland seems to be really cramming a stadium into a small footprint here. They are getting more serious about luring a MLB team lately.

It makes me wonder if the Royals are thinking of something like this for the ECR location.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

That looks ridiculous and a horrible fan experience. Love the idea of a pro baseball stadium taking up less footprint but that design shows why it needs more space
mourban
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mourban »

^The walls of towers on either side of that portland rendering should be removed
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

GRID wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:54 am If the Royals go to EV, Is there any chance the Star Press building could become an urban indoor market subsidized by the city? Something like that could open up along side the opening of the stadium and 670 cap.
There's an rfp out for the current steamboat Arabia site and that's one of the options being kicked around.

Think it would make more sense there.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

WoodDraw wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:40 pm
GRID wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:54 am If the Royals go to EV, Is there any chance the Star Press building could become an urban indoor market subsidized by the city? Something like that could open up along side the opening of the stadium and 670 cap.
There's an rfp out for the current steamboat Arabia site and that's one of the options being kicked around.

Think it would make more sense there.
Wow that would be incredible. Having that right with City Market would make it truly one of the best markets in the country.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Been dreaming of the ariba space being an indoor market ever since walking into the Westside market in Cleveland. Would be amazing
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:21 pm Been dreaming of the ariba space being an indoor market ever since walking into the Westside market in Cleveland. Would be amazing
That would be a great use of that building if the museum were to leave. Westside Market is pretty cool. Lexington Market in Baltimore is also similar.

I was thinking that would be the best use for the Star Press, but with there being so little around it right now, maybe it would not work well there? I feel like it could work though since it's walkable from most of downtown.

But having the streetcar right in front at the arabia location, the existing outdoor markets and the area already being a lively district, the River Market makes a lot of sense.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Well it would make perfect sense since you could fuse it with the outdoor market right there (which is already an awesome place)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I went to Rally House in P&L today and it dawned on me. Cordish wants this on Grand. Putting this stadium on Grand will displace a lot of small businesses. Cordish has PLENTY of empty storefronts in the district they can offer up these businesses free rent for the hassle of moving and fill up the district. Win win!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:47 pm I went to Rally House in P&L today and it dawned on me. Cordish wants this on Grand. Putting this stadium on Grand will displace a lot of small businesses. Cordish has PLENTY of empty storefronts in the district they can offer up these businesses free rent for the hassle of moving and fill up the district. Win win!
They don’t really have that many spaces that are not leased or pending. I’m also not sure what businesses are in east crossroads that would work in P&L.

And rent free. Lol!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

How many businesses we kicking out? got quit a few spaces available. Maybe not free rent but heavily reduced, heck it's gathering no rent now, what's the difference.

1) Old tmobile
2) Old BBQ spot
3) Old BK
4) Old Kill Devil
5) Old Sushi place on Main
6) Across from theater (never been a thing)
7) Soon to be gone Protein House (we keep hearing they are leaving)
8) Old jewelry
9) Old District Clothing store (that's two spots)
10) Old Jos A Bank
11) Place next to Yardhouse (never been anything?)
12) Lifetime Solar place could be kicked out
13) KIck BOA video branch out
14) Place next to District Tan
15) Old Visit KC on Baltimore
16) old bakery spot next to Chipotle
17) old flex office space in 2 light
18) 3 Light Chase bank space
19 Other 3 Light retail space