Worlds of Fun becoming Six Flags?

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Worlds of Fun becoming Six Flags?

Post by dukuboy1 »

Highlander wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:51 am
dukuboy1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:29 am
Eon Blue wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:31 am Where was the old main entrance?
used to be right on the East side of the park, where the Patriot and such is now just to the South of that general area. Maybe where the Steel Hawk is now. That entrance took your right into Americana where all the shops and stuff are and you fanned out from there. More akin to entering into Disney on the "main street" and then heading to the parks unique areas which housed the rides. There was also a simple "back entrance" that took you to Scandinavia, which is now the updated "main entrance"

The WOF of my childhood in the late 70's & 80's was awesome and very thematic for sure. As a kid I always thought a cool job would be the guy on the back of the parking lot trams who got to do announcements and talk to ppl as they went to the entrance. I miss the trams and that whole process of riding to the entrance. No park does that anymore, a "by gone era" I suppose.
Don't you mean west side? That's the side facing I435 where the Patriot is. Was there parking lots out there or is that just where the parking trains brought people?
yes West side is what I meant.