New Contruction by Zona Rosa

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
mshilko
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

New Contruction by Zona Rosa

Post by mshilko »

Does anyone know what they are building in front of the old travel agency at Barry and Parried View. It looks like a small building that could be a coffee drive through or similar.
mshilko
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: New Contruction by Zona Rosa

Post by mshilko »

Never mind, just found it on the planning document here: https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 96e77fccaf

Scooters Coffee.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Awesome, more stuff crammed into an already over populated(service/retail wise) & congested corner of the Northland
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:34 pm Awesome, more stuff crammed into an already over populated(service/retail wise) & congested corner of the Northland
The area needs an additional connection over I-29 to relieve Barry/29 being a choke point.

I'd say build a new road bridge between Walmart and zona Rosa (would also connect zona to the bus depot) or a bridge been by the AMC/main event over to prairie view.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

dnweava wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:52 pm
dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:34 pm Awesome, more stuff crammed into an already over populated(service/retail wise) & congested corner of the Northland
The area needs an additional connection over I-29 to relieve Barry/29 being a choke point.

I'd say build a new road bridge between Walmart and zona Rosa (would also connect zona to the bus depot) or a bridge been by the AMC/main event over to prairie view.
They're eventually going to try to force traffic over the Old Tiffany Springs Rd bridge they build a few years ago. Not going to make much sense either since the west side of that is all residential/dealerships that is never going to get rezoned. I lived up there for a long time & it's just kind of a throw something at the wall, build whatever chain comes type area. They never really prepared the area for increased population & it shows.

One of the weirdest QTs in the area. Lots of people drifting through from the airport & it's by that kind of rundown stretch with the Motel 6 & karaoke bars on Prairie View. Only time I've ever seen someone pull a weapon on someone else at a QT was at that one & I've seen it 3 times.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

I’ve been going in and out of that QT a few times a week for 25 years and never seen anything happen there except a guy getting caught shoplifting one time.

They’re build a new convenience store right there on Old Tiffany Springs right across the street from the swimming pool. Looks like it’s gonna be another “The Station”. Can’t see anything else being built in that area except more homes but immediately on the other side of the interstate I expect to see a lot of new businesses in the years to come.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

w00lyb00ger wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:39 am I’ve been going in and out of that QT a few times a week for 25 years and never seen anything happen there except a guy getting caught shoplifting one time.

They’re build a new convenience store right there on Old Tiffany Springs right across the street from the swimming pool. Looks like it’s gonna be another “The Station”. Can’t see anything else being built in that area except more homes but immediately on the other side of the interstate I expect to see a lot of new businesses in the years to come.
Actually 2 different gas stations under construction at that intersection, neither are a "station" though. We're going to see a bunch of development soon on the block that was originally going to be a Sam's club years ago across skyview from Target.
mshilko
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mshilko »

One is the stations is a Sonoco on the west side and the east side is a KC Liquor and Tobacco if I recall correctly.

FYI: The Sonoco should be carrying 93 octane gas, which is good as the nearest others are BP in Platte Ridge and Smithville. Will be happy not to have to travel as far, as the BP is way more expensive than Smithville for the 93.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

w00lyb00ger wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:39 am I’ve been going in and out of that QT a few times a week for 25 years and never seen anything happen there except a guy getting caught shoplifting one time.
I went to that QT at least 4 times a week from 2009-2020, usually some late nights too, I've seen some things. Still got a pic of someone's whole Thanksgiving dinner on a paper plate in the parking lot, just sitting there, one time too.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

mshilko wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:16 am
FYI: The Sonoco should be carrying 93 octane gas, which is good as the nearest others are BP in Platte Ridge and Smithville. Will be happy not to have to travel as far, as the BP is way more expensive than Smithville for the 93.
I believe the former Pour Boys/Shell (now World Liquor) at North Oak and 42nd/Parvin has 93 octane as well, albeit quite a ways south of you from the sound of it.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:10 pm
I went to that QT at least 4 times a week from 2009-2020, usually some late nights too, I've seen some things. Still got a pic of someone's whole Thanksgiving dinner on a paper plate in the parking lot, just sitting there, one time too.

I’m talking about in terms of crime. Nothing really happens there. Random homeless people or individuals begging for money don’t really count in my book since I’ve seen that literally everywhere.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

dnweava wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:08 am

Actually 2 different gas stations under construction at that intersection, neither are a "station" though. We're going to see a bunch of development soon on the block that was originally going to be a Sam's club years ago across skyview from Target.
Yes that massive lot that was gonna have a Sam’s club on it is one I was thinking of. Loads of room for construction there. Also directly across the street there’s some empty space (some of it covered with trees) that I don’t expect to stay unoccupied forever either. The Sunoco isn’t under construction yet. That sign has been sitting there forever but I haven’t seen any indication that they’re gonna start laying concrete anytime soon.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

mshilko wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:16 am One is the stations is a Sonoco on the west side and the east side is a KC Liquor and Tobacco if I recall correctly.

I wouldn’t have guessed it was gonna be a liquor store with gas pumps being installed there.
mshilko
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mshilko »

Like this one is smithville: 1516 S Commercial Ave
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fo6QUJf6Ccr7TSyg9
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

mshilko wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:07 am Like this one is smithville: 1516 S Commercial Ave
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fo6QUJf6Ccr7TSyg9
That building looks entirely different from the one that’s there.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Popshelf Barry Towne if approved coming up and is hiring.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

mgsports wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:35 pm Popshelf Barry Towne if approved coming up and is hiring.
What is that?
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Owned by Dollar General and have one in Belton,MO and on Glenstone in Springfield,MO.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Interesting store. Like a Five Below Target
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Adding places Zona Rosa.