New Chiefs Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: New Chiefs Stadium

Post by langosta »

Last edited by langosta on Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Nah, that really read like a "Royals really need to GTFO so we can start our new life without them next door" type comments. My take on it might have been that they could do it with or without the Royals so they need to hurry up if they want to do it together.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

langosta wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:24 am
FangKC wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:22 pm I read Donovan's comments differently. He said the politically-correct thing (for Chiefs' fans) by saying the preference was to renovate Arrowhead Stadium. Then he said that depends on if there are structurally-problematic issues with the concrete understructure. That statement is a preparatory statement in public relations speak. It's for later when they start showing cracks in the concrete and rusting rebar visible from places where concrete has broken off. "Aw shucks, sorry we are going to need a completely new stadium after all for public safety."
Agreed:

But it will take “significant financial investment” to keep Arrowhead structurally sound.

“There are certain days when you get that phone call, it’s like, ‘Hey, we just found this. Might be an issue, right?'” Donovan said.

“And when you’re talking about a core sample of cement that was poured in 1970, those issues are, they could be significant, and they could factor into the decision.”
Why does it sound like Mark Donovan is running the show and that the Chiefs own Arrowhead? Arrowhead IS and has always been owned by Jackson County and the Jackson County Sports Authority. It's about time they start acting like they own it. Donovan has NO reason to be speaking about the structure and stadium renovations, etc. His authority lies with the Chiefs football team. Which operates independently of any physical venue.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Last edited by langosta on Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Might as well just flatten if we're going to fork out for a big refurb to then want a new stadium anyway in 25 years.

The big question if they're likely remaining at TSC either way at this point becomes will the Kauffman site then become mixed use development or more surface parking?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

^That guy is nothing but clickbait.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEiUCGU08k

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Its nice to see a stadium in an urban setting surround by mixed use development and not parking lots, but the other part of me feels it looks soulless and doesn't give an authentic football experience. Those ugly ass canopy roofs seem to be ten a penny now. Atmosphere suckers.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Rusty Irish wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:49 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEiUCGU08k

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Its nice to see a stadium in an urban setting surround by mixed use development and not parking lots, but the other part of me feels it looks soulless and doesn't give an authentic football experience. Those ugly ass canopy roofs seem to be ten a penny now. Atmosphere suckers.
That styling and coloring will be SUPER dated in a decade. All black everything will just scream, "Hello, 2020! Why did my parents hate color?!"
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Rusty Irish wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:49 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEiUCGU08k

Looks like a new playstation
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:22 pm

Looks like a new playstation
Or a TopGolf
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

I'd rather the NFL find a way to host super bowls without domes or sub-tropic weather over having some sort of roof structure being a requirement.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:22 pm Looks like a new playstation
That is the Nashville city motto.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KC_Ari wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:15 pm I'd rather the NFL find a way to host super bowls without domes or sub-tropic weather over having some sort of roof structure being a requirement.
That would be great. All season, teams face various challenges they must overcome, including playing indoors, outdoors, in the heat, in the cold, in the rain, in the snow and on and on. Yet, the Super Bowl has to be in an environmentally controlled stadium. I'd have to guess this isn't about the game, but about everything else. The halftime show, the sponsor parties etc.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:36 pm
KC_Ari wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:15 pm I'd rather the NFL find a way to host super bowls without domes or sub-tropic weather over having some sort of roof structure being a requirement.
That would be great. All season, teams face various challenges they must overcome, including playing indoors, outdoors, in the heat, in the cold, in the rain, in the snow and on and on. Yet, the Super Bowl has to be in an environmentally controlled stadium. I'd have to guess this isn't about the game, but about everything else. The halftime show, the sponsor parties etc.
+ media days prior to event
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Traffic delays getting into Arrowhead tonight for Beyonce. Wish we had a technology as to prevent this!
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

You mean like Rail?
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

I saw the pics, absolutely a disaster. Sounds like partly because Royals came was ongoing so there was some congestion too.

https://x.com/peytonkmbc/status/1708659 ... 8w-yeHn7WA

We need rail to arrowhead and to move Kauffman.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

I still don't know why we can't just bring the Chiefs to downtown or NKC.

ESPECIALLY if they're not even planning any surrounding development at TSC. If they just want the stadium only then I can name fifty better sites.
Rusty Irish
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty Irish »

Scott Willcockson
@swillcockson

25 Sept

@Chiefs this is the tamest it's ever been after a game, and it was still an hour wait for an Uber. Are you encouraging people drinking and driving? Because it seems you want to serve alcohol to anyone and everyone but you make it absolutely impossible to go home without a car.

https://twitter.com/swillcockson/status ... 1DazA&s=19