KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by STLguy1 »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:50 am
STLguy1 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:38 pm As for MCI being a 5 million catch all area, not sure where that info is based off of.
https://mediaassets.kshb.com/NWT/Sam/MC ... 0Nebraska.
Thank you.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

dev49 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:10 pmI’m not sure I could tell you the last time AA or United started a route to Europe from a non hub/focus city. Delta is the only one that does and it isn’t often. IND and PIT both flamed out for Delta.

It really only is an international airline thing to fly to mid sized US cities, so that’s why the focus is on them.
Agreed. SEA-LHR on AA started just before COVID, and before that I think it was RDU-LHR. Those are bigger international markets. BA is the best hope, but they have both a pilot and airplane shortage at the moment.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Summer in Europe: Delta to fly largest-ever trans-Atlantic schedule

NEW:
JFK-NAP
JFK-MUC (3x weekly)
JFK-SNN
ATL-ZRH (4x weekly)
MSP-DUB (already announced)

Increased service:
JFK-BCN (second daily)
BOS-ATH
ATL-VCE (from 7x to 11x weekly)
ATL-CDG
DTW-KEF
DTW-CDG
CVG-CDG (7x weekly)

Suspensions/reductions:
ATL-DUS (dropped)
DTW-MUC (from daily to 4x weekly)

https://news.delta.com/summer-europe-de ... c-schedule
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

AA cutting LGA-MCI flights from November - March.

Source:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/septembe ... levon-llc/
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

^sucks but not surprised

It's an easy upgrade and almost always empty. But if UA is cutting EWR (did I read that here?) then only JetBlue will operate to NYC nonstop? Or is Delta still running the Embraer to LaGuardia?
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

herrfrank wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:15 pm ^sucks but not surprised

It's an easy upgrade and almost always empty. But if UA is cutting EWR (did I read that here?) then only JetBlue will operate to NYC nonstop? Or is Delta still running the Embraer to LaGuardia?
Delta goes to LGA and JFK. Southwest to LGA
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Continues to always be the most depressing forum on KcRag
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Post COVID furloughs and early retirements, backlogs of aircraft orders, and an unwillingness by the government to improve or expand rail service to any reasonable degree in the NEC is to blame. It’s not through the fault of KC so much as it is the current situation in the US and Globally. No reason to see it as a bottomless pit of despair.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

This entire summer has been a catastrophe for air traffic touching the "tri-state" area aka NJ, NY, CT. Meaning, mainly, that the three New York airports Air Traffic Control have been so understaffed as to cause mass cancellations every week. Boston also affected. It's nearly destroyed JetBlue, which operates much of the NYC-FLA and island traffic.

While the data I've heard is anecdotal, it is nonetheless painful. The following were reported on "clear-skies days":
Multiple day waits for international connections at Newark.
Continual "meltdown" crowds at LaGuardia.
The afternoon JFK conga line taking 4 hours for takeoff.
People taking AMTRAK to DC just to get south of the constrained airspace.

I am hopeful that once their ATC is correctly staffed again, we will get back some competition for the Northeast services from KC.
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

langosta wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:50 pm Twitter "KCI NEWS" user claims a major announcement coming soon.
“It’s something shocking. It will show how much the airline and its partner wants to invest in MCI. It will also be the smallest airport that the airline flies to.”
but not Europe and not Cayman Airlines. I give the user a 30% chance of being legitimate.

https://twitter.com/YourMciGuy
User now says MCI will not be getting AeroMexico, as was the possibility, for a reason they’ll share tomorrow
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Delta jumping on UA/AA pulling out of NYC. So thats good to see. Was hoping they would do that
Increasing JFK from april on (2x A220) - I am curious what this does to JetBlue
Increasing LGA Jan-Mar to 5x a day
They are pulling back LAX back to 1x a day in Jan/Feb
Looks like UA also pulled back EWR to 1 RJ a day in Nov/Dec
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

dev49 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:51 pm Delta jumping on UA/AA pulling out of NYC. So thats good to see. Was hoping they would do that
This is significant news. 5x day KC-NYC (and its most convenient airport -- LaGuardia) is significant. They clearly want to compete in KC, as the Sky Club already indicated.

I am still astonished that UA abandoned MCI-EWR, which is their primary international hub. That would be like AA not flying from KC to Philly.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

herrfrank wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:01 pm
dev49 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:51 pm Delta jumping on UA/AA pulling out of NYC. So thats good to see. Was hoping they would do that
This is significant news. 5x day KC-NYC (and its most convenient airport -- LaGuardia) is significant. They clearly want to compete in KC, as the Sky Club already indicated.

I am still astonished that UA abandoned MCI-EWR, which is their primary international hub. That would be like AA not flying from KC to Philly.
I wouldn’t speak too soon. KC-PHL is down to 1x a day on an RJ this month. But we aren’t alone. PHL has been pulled way back since covid in general. I think they are just starting to ramp it back up a bit
cardium
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by cardium »

dev49 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:05 pm
herrfrank wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:01 pm

I wouldn’t speak too soon. KC-PHL is down to 1x a day on an RJ this month. But we aren’t alone. PHL has been pulled way back since covid in general. I think they are just starting to ramp it back up a bit
AA retired all of their 757s and 767s during the pandemic which would otherwise today be flying out of PHL and JFK. UA and DL are still flying theirs to Europe. Think that may play a part in PHL/JFK AA connections being lower/nonexistent - you're going through CLT instead for domestic connections. Don't know what's going on with EWR (and IAD) other than UA's paltry market share at MCI, there are plenty of connection opportunities at both.
grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by grecobs »

Delta adding more service between MCI <> JFK is interesting from an international demand perspective. LGA is more convenient for accessing the city but JFK is one of the city’s international hubs. Not sure what this means but it’s interesting.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

There are spokes and then there are spokes...

Large spoke cities like Boston, Nashville, Seattle get served from every hub for the big three network airlines (AA, DL, UA). From time to time some of them even get upgraded to mini-hubs. Big cities that are hubs for a competitor (Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Atlanta) also fall into this category. This is done so a loyal Delta flyer doesn't have to go to Atlanta to get from, say, Salt Lake to Chicago.

Then there are cities that fall into "single spoke status." That means that an airline serves the spoke from only one or two hubs. AA used to serve KC from MIA, CLT, PHL, NYC, DCA, ORD, DFW, PHX, and LAX -- all of its hubs. NYC is gone (to DL) and if PHL (once daily now), MIA (ditto), and LAX follow suit, KC will be largely a Dallas connection for AA. Likewise with UA -- used to be served from EWR, IAH, ORD, DEN, SFO, IAD -- now only ORD, DEN, IAH (and that dropping to once per day?) I really hope that "downspoking" is not happening with KC.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

herrfrank wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:10 am
Then there are cities that fall into "single spoke status." That means that an airline serves the spoke from only one or two hubs. AA used to serve KC from MIA, CLT, PHL, NYC, DCA, ORD, DFW, PHX, and LAX -- all of its hubs. NYC is gone (to DL) and if PHL (once daily now), MIA (ditto), and LAX follow suit, KC will be largely a Dallas connection for AA. Likewise with UA -- used to be served from EWR, IAH, ORD, DEN, SFO, IAD -- now only ORD, DEN, IAH (and that dropping to once per day?) I really hope that "downspoking" is not happening with KC.
AA hasn’t flown KC-LAX for awhile now.
UA still flies MCI-SFO
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

A lot of this downspoking probably has to do with a pilot shortage as well. I'm sure AA would love to fly 2-3 times daily MCI-PHL but they probably cannot with stafffing shortages
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Should be passing Council today: "appropriating $390,000... to incentivize and support the restoration and/or the inauguration of new nonstop service at Kansas City International Airport (MCI)"
https://clerk.kcmo.gov/LegislationDetai ... FullText=1

Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

Any chance we might see Avelo or Breeze (or both!) coming to KCI anytime soon?