Cheddar’s

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Cheddar’s

Post by w00lyb00ger »

Heard Cheddar’s on 152 is closing. Can’t afford to pay the rent I guess.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Cheddar’s

Post by dukuboy1 »

Bummer, the place was pretty good, and always had steady business. Must have really jacked up the rent in them
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

dukuboy1 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:57 am Bummer, the place was pretty good, and always had steady business. Must have really jacked up the rent in them
I was never a fan myself but you’re right. It was always extremely busy. I have little doubt that it won’t be empty very long. I’ll be very interested to see what moves in.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Cheddar's; only place I know to get my semi-annual Monte Cristo.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

I believe it closed because of lack of staff. I heard they were short wait staff and cooks. People were waiting a very long time to get their food.
Food was decent, and yes, it used to be very busy. I don't think it was a cost of rent issue.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

NorthlandGuy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:28 pm I believe it closed because of lack of staff. I heard they were short wait staff and cooks. People were waiting a very long time to get their food.
Food was decent, and yes, it used to be very busy. I don't think it was a cost of rent issue.
You may be right. I’m just repeating what I was told by someone that supposedly spoke to one of the managers there.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

w00lyb00ger wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:00 pm
NorthlandGuy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:28 pm I believe it closed because of lack of staff. I heard they were short wait staff and cooks. People were waiting a very long time to get their food.
You may be right. I’m just repeating what I was told by someone that supposedly spoke to one of the managers there.
News said short staff
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Staffing sounds like an issue you could resolve with new managers & hiring & reopen the doors to what appeared to be a successful location
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

It's not surprising that restaurants have been having trouble keeping staff. Many workers are fed up after years of chronic wage theft, abuse, and harassment. A tight labor market combined with higher wages in other jobs has resulted in many restaurant workers changing jobs and leaving the industry.

It's not only the employers. There are Reddit threads on how abusive and rude customers are to workers.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Cheddar's is the one chain my gf & I have been to where we watched a group of people blast a waitress so bad for the most miniscule stuff that we would never even imagine complaining about that we asked her if she wanted to sit down & take a breather at our table for a moment, which she did. Attracts the "nicest" of suburbanites.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:00 am Cheddar's is the one chain my gf & I have been to where we watched a group of people blast a waitress so bad for the most miniscule stuff that we would never even imagine complaining about that we asked her if she wanted to sit down & take a breather at our table for a moment, which she did. Attracts the "nicest" of suburbanites.
I have seen the same stuff at the Cheddars in Independence, i don't know how some people can be so nitpicky and complain about everything. Some people will eat like kings at a restaurant with tons of customizations then when it comes time to pay they will nitpick and complain about every single thing and tip pretty poorly.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

God, I had an uncle like this, he would just be the pettiest little bitch about stuff and be a jerk to servers and then stiff them. I was just a kid at the time and couldn't really say or do anything, but it always stuck with me. Those experiences (combined with my own stint of waiting tables as a teen) influenced me to always be polite, never send anything back (unless it was literally inedible), and tip well.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

I live in this area. Stinks they are closing as it was a nice affordable option. I didn’t notice any staffing shortages but I didn’t go here a ton.

The building is quite large. Hopefully it doesn’t take forever to re lease. The former restaurant behind it sat unoccupied forever until a bank moved in.